About Kothaligad- Peth Trek
Kothaligad is more commonly known as the fort of Peth because the village of Peth is situated at its base. The pinnacle of the Peth can be seen from the village. On reaching the top of the fort, we see caves carved in huge rocks. Along the Bhairoba cave, steps are carved leading the pinnacle. Small water tanks and some cannon balls are scattered on the fort. The first one is the cave of Goddess, besides which is a water cistern and the last one is the specious Bhairoba cave. A flat floor and well-sculpted pillars are specialty of the cave.
Trek Leader - Neil Bhuta.
15th August 2018
19th August 2018
26th August 2018
2nd September 2018
9th September 2018
16th September 2018
23rd September 2018
30th September 2018
Fireflies Night Trek To Kothaligad / Peth Fort Event Details
· Kothaligad / Peth Fort Trek Route Difficulty - Medium.
· Base village for Kothaligad Trek - Peth village / Ambivali village.
· Peth Cha Killa Region - Karjat.
· Total time required for climbing Kothaligad Fort - Maximum 2.5 hrs from Ambivali.
· Duration - 1 Day.
· Kothaligad / Peth Fort height 3100 feet approx.
· Cost - Rs 900 per head.
Kothaligad / Peth Fort Monsoon Trek Itinerary
Catch Karjat slow local from CSMT.
CSMT – Karjat slow local time table.
05:20 Mumbai CSMT
07:40 Meet at Karjat railway station, near ticket counter.
07:45 Move to Base Village by Tumtum / ST bus.
08:45 Reach at Ambivali and Breakfast.
09:15 Start ascending.
12:15 Reach on top and explore.
15:30 Reach at Ambivali and Lunch.
16:45 Journey towards Karjat railway station by Tumtum / ST bus.
18:00 Reach at Karjat railway station.
· People may board same train from their respective stations of convenience.
· Missing the train is missing Kothaligad (Peth) Monsoon Trek, no refund will be provided.
· 1 veg Breakfast and 1 veg Lunch.
· Travel Karjat to Karjat by local Jeep.
· Trek Leader Expertise Charges.
· Travel cost from Mumbai to Karjat and back.
· Travel from Pune to Karjat and back.
· Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
· All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered.
· Any kind of personal expenses.
· Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
· All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather.
· Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required.
Buy ticket here http://www.treksandtrails.org/index.php/event-timer/580-night-trek-to-kothaligad
For Registration and confirmation transfer Rs. 900.00 per person in the given a/c
Account Name - Treks and Trails
Bank Name - Axis Bank
Account Number - 917020047534079
Branch: Churchgate – Mumbai
IfSC Code - UTIB0000695
Account Type - Current Account
Once payment is done, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with Transaction ID, Participant Names, email ID, WhatsApp mobile number, emergency contact number.
Please Call or email for any clarification:
Treks and Trails Mumbai mobile/WhatsApp - 8828746865 / 8828004949
· 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 3 days prior to the event date.
· No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days. No show No Refund.
· Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
· Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
Thing to carry
· 2/3 liters of water.
· Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars.
· Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets.
· Good Torch must with extra battery.
· Trekking Shoes provide more grip and comfort on trek.
· One Day Backpack 20 to 30 liters.
· Rains are expected, so pack your bags accordingly to save them from getting wet.
· Double pack your valuables / phones in plastic bags.
· Rainwear / Poncho / Waterproof jacket etc. if you don’t want to get wet.
· Sun Cap and Sunscreen.
· Personal First aid and Personal Medicine.
· Identity Proof.
· Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles.