Lohagad “Iron fort” is one of the many hill forts. It divides the basins of the Indrayani and Pavna and is situated on a wide range of the Sahyadri. The Visapur fort is located on its eastern side. The four large gates of Lohagad are still in good condition and reasonably intact. Historical records show that in the later Peshwa period, Nana Phadnavis (1742-1800 AD) built several structures in the fort. Best trekking route near Mumbai.
Trek Leader – Harpal.
16th June 208
17th June 2018
23rd June 2018
24th June 2018
30th June 2018
1st July 2018
7th July 2018
8th July 2018
14th July 2018
15th July 2018
21st July 2018
22nd July 2018
28th July 2018
29th July 2018
4th August 2018
5th August 2018
11th August 2018
12th August 2018
18th August 2018
19th August 2018
25th August 2018
26th August 2018
Monsoon Trek to Lohagad Event details
- Monsoon Trek to Lohagad difficulty level : Easy
- Endurance Level : Medium
- Base village for Lohagad : Lohagad Wadi
- Lohagad Fort Height : 3400 ft
- Location : Lonavala
- Total time required for climbing : 2 hours from Malavali and 40 minutes from Lohagad Wadi.
- Total distance for climbing : 5 km
- Duration : 1 Day
- Cost - Rs. 800.
Monsoon Trek to Lohagad Event Itinerary
Train timings for Mumbai participants
Move to Malavali by local train
Train timings for Pune participants
Lonavala Local Train
06:35 Shivaji nagar
08:30 Meet at Malavali station and move towards Lohagad fort.
09:30 Visit Bhaje Caves.
12:00 Reach at Lohagad top, exploration and rest. (2 hrs.approx.)
15:00 Reach at Lohagad Wadi and lunch.
16:00 Move to Malavali Station.
17:30 Departure for Mumbai / Pune from Malavli station.
- People may board same train from their respective stations of convenience.
- Missing the train is missing Monsoon Trek to Lohagad, no refund will be provided.
- 1 veg Breakfast and 1 veg Lunch.
- Trek Leader Expertise Charges.
- Travel cost from Mumbai to Malavli and back.
- Travel from Pune to Malavli and back.
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather.
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required.
Buy ticket here https://www.treksandtrails.org/event-timer/480-trek-lohagad-2017
For Registration and Confirmation transfer Rs. 800/- per person
Account Name: Treks and Trails
Bank Name: Axis Bank
Account Number: 917020047534079
Branch: Churchgate – Mumbai
IfSC Code: UTIB0000695
Account Type: Current Account
Once payment is done, please send an email to email@example.com with
Transaction ID, Participant Name, email ID, mobile phone number, emergency contact number.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 3 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days. No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
Thing to carry
- 2/3 liters of water.
- Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars.
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets.
- Good Torch must with extra battery.
- Trekking Shoes provide more grip and comfort on trek.
- One Day Backpack 20 to 30 liters.
- Rains are expected, so pack your bags accordingly to save them from getting wet.
- Double pack your valuables / phones in plastic bags.
- Rain wear / Poncho / Waterproof jacket etc. if you don’t want to get wet.
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen.
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine.
- Identity Proof.
- Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles.