About Karnala Fort Trek
Karnala fort also called Funnel Hill is a hill fort in Raigad District about 10 km from Panvel city, 65km from Mumbai city, situated along the Mumbai-Goa highway. Currently it is a protected place lying within the Karnala Bird Sanctuary. The fort of Karnala is famous for its strange pinnacle and the bird sanctuary that is setup amidst the forest. Today, the ruins of the fort are a popular destination for hiking and tourism.This Fort is at a height of approx 1500 ft. It is a great trek for beginners and for parents who want to introduce their children to trekking and Mother Nature.
Trek Leader – Harpal.
21st April 2019
5th May 2019
19th May 2019
Karnala Trek Event Details
· Trek Difficulty - Easy to Medium.
· Trek Distance - 3 km.
· Washroom Available at base village.
· Location: Near Panvel.
· Karnala Fort Trek Transport - Sharing Jeep.
· Karnala Fort Height - 1500 ft.
· Karnala Fort - Hill Fort.
· Minimum - 5 participants required to conduct the event.
· Base Village - Shirdhon.
· District - Raigad.
· Cost – Rs. 800.
Karnala Fort Trek Itinerary
06:18 Vadala Road
07:30 Assembly at Panvel Station near ticket counter.
07:45 Reach Panvel state transport depot. And move towards Karnala fort base village.
09:00 Reach Karnala Fort Trek base by ST Bus / Tumtum Rickshaw.
11:00 Summit. Explore and Lunch.
12:30 Start descending from Karnala Fort.
15:30 Travel back to Panvel Station.
16:30 Karnala Fort Trek End at Panvel Railway Station.
· People may board same train from their respective stations of convenience.
· Missing the train is missing Karnala Trek, no refund will be provided.
· Trekkers should carry packed Lunch for this Trek.
· 1 Veg Breakfast.
· Travel from Panvel ST depot to Karnala fort base and back to Panvel ST depot by tumtum / ST.
· Karnala Wildlife Sanctuary Entry fee.
· Travel cost from Mumbai to Panvel and back.
· Travel from Pune to Panvel and back.
· Lunch for the trek.
· Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
· All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered.
· Any kind of personal expenses.
· Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
· All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather.
· Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required.
Buy tickets here https://www.treksandtrails.org/tours/karnala-fort-trek
For registration and confirmation transfer Rs. 800.00 per person.
Account Name: Treks and Trails
Bank Name: Axis Bank
Account Number: 917020047534079
Branch: Churchgate - Mumbai
IfSC Code: UTIB0000695
Account Type: Current Account
UPI ID - 9619095743@axisbank
Once payment is done, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with Transaction ID, Participant Names, email ID, mobile phone number, emergency contact number.
For any queries please call
Treks and Trails Mumbai 8828746865 / 8828004949 / 9764461419 / 9867046166 (11 am to 7 pm only - Monday to Saturday)
· 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 8 or more days prior to the event date.
· 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 4 to 7 days prior to the event date.
· No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days prior to event date
· No show No Refund.
Thing to carry
· 2/3 liters of water
· Lunch for the trek.
· Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars.
· Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets.
· Good Torch must with extra battery.
· Trekking Shoes provide more grip and comfort on trek.
· One Day Backpack 20 to 30 liters.
· Sun Cap and Sunscreen.
· Personal First aid and Personal Medicine.
· Identity Proof.
· Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles.