About Dodhani Village
Dodhani Village is situated at foot hills of Matheran you can see Chanderi fort and Peb Fort which are located near it.We will be trekking from Dodhani Village to Matheran via Sunset Point.
Matheran which means "forest on the forehead" (of the mountains) is an eco-sensitive region, declared by the Ministry of Environment and Forest, Government of India. It is Asia's only automobile-free hill station.
Dodhani Point is also known as Sunset point from here Prabalgad Fort / Kalavantin Durg / Irshalgad / Karnala Fort / Morbe Dam are visible. Matheran Sunset point is where every traveller to Matheran assembles at the end of day.
Our uphill trek will take us through grass patches and rice fields. We will cross one small waterfall and forest area after gaining some height we will reach a small temple with opening we can rest here and enjoy snacks. Our trek will begin again we would gaining height more quickly now trek will be more tiring now. We can see the fog for which Matheran is famous after another one hour of trek from temple we will have reached sunset point. Matheran Bazaar is another 3.5 km walk from Sunset Point.
Trek Leader – Anuj.
12th August 2018
26th August 2018
Dodhani village to Matheran Trek Event Details
Location : Matheran.
Base Village : Dodhani.
Height : 2,200 feet above sea level.
Grade : Easy.
Approximate Duration : 2.5 hrs of Ascend.
Cost : Rs. 900.
Dodhani village to Matheran Trek Event Itinerary
06:18 Vadala Road
07:30 Meet us at Panvel Station (Near ticket counter).
07:45 Proceed towards ST Bus Depot.
08:00 Leave for Dodhani.
09:00 Reach Dodhani (Base Village) and have breakfast.
09:30 Start ascending.
12.30 Reach the top.
13:00 Have lunch & explore Matheran.
15.30 Move towards Dasturi Naka from Matheran Station.
17.00 Reach Neral & have evening snacks.
17.30 Start return journey.
· People may board same train from their respective stations of convenience.
· Missing the train is missing Matheran Trek, no refund will be provided.
· Trekkers should carry packed Lunch for this Trek.
· Travel from Panvel to Dodhani.
· 1 veg Breakfast & Evening Snacks.
· Taxi charges from Dasturi Naka to Neral.
· Matheran Entry fee.
· Treks and Trails Expertise Charges.
· Travel cost from Mumbai to Panvel.
· Travel cost from Neral to Mumbai.
· Lunch for the trek.
· Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
· All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered.
· Any kind of personal expenses.
· Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
· All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather.
· Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required.
Buy ticket here https://www.treksandtrails.org/event-timer/547-trek-via-sunset-point-to-dodhani-village-matheran
For registration and confirmation transfer Rs. 900.00 per person.
Account Name: Treks and Trails
Bank Name: Axis Bank
Account Number: 917020047534079
Branch: Churchgate - Mumbai
IfSC Code: UTIB0000695
Account Type: Current Account
UPI ID - 9619095743@axisbank
Once payment is done, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with Transaction ID, Participant Names, email ID, mobile phone number, emergency contact number.
For any queries please call or email
Treks and Trails Mumbai 8828746865 / 8828004949 / 9764461419 / 9867046166 (11 am to 7 pm only - Monday to Saturday)
· 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 3 days prior to the event date.
· No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days. No show No Refund.
· Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
· Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
Thing to carry
· 2/3 liters of water.
· Lunch for the trek.
· Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars.
· Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets.
· Good Torch must with extra battery.
· Trekking Shoes provide more grip and comfort on trek.
· One Day Backpack 20 to 30 liters.
· Rains are expected, so pack your bags accordingly to save them from getting wet.
· Double pack your valuables / phones in plastic bags.
· Rainwear / Poncho / Waterproof jacket etc. if you don’t want to get wet.
· Sun Cap and Sunscreen.
· Personal First aid and Personal Medicine.
· Identity Proof.
· Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles.