Fireflies Special Night Trek to Kothaligad (Peth)
Kothaligad is more commonly known as the fort of Peth because the village of Peth is situated at its base. The pinnacle of the Peth can be seen from the village. On reaching the top of the fort, we see caves carved in huge rocks. Along the Bhairoba cave, steps are carved leading the pinnacle. Small water tanks and some cannon balls are scattered on the fort. The first one is the cave of Goddess, besides which is a water cistern and the last one is the specious Bhairoba cave. A flat floor and well-sculpted pillars are specialty of the cave.
Who are these beautiful Fireflies?
Fireflies or lightning bugs make light within their bodies. This process is called bioluminescence and is shared by many other organisms, mostly sea-living or marine organisms. Fireflies light up to attract a mate. To do this, the fireflies contain specialized cells in their abdomen that helps to create light.
Batches for Kothaligad Fireflies Special Night Trek
18th 19th May 2019
25th 26th May 2019
1st 2nd June 2019
8th 9th June 2019
15th 16th June 2019
22nd 23rd June 2019
Fireflies Special Kothaligad (Peth) Night Trek Event Details
· Kothaligad (Peth) night trek difficulty level: Medium
· Base village for Kothaligad (Peth): Peth village/Ambivali village
· Region: Karjat
· Total time required for climbing Kothaligad (Peth) fort: Maximum 2.5 hrs from Ambivali
· Kothaligad (Peth) fort height: 3100 ft. (approx.)
· Cost: Rs. 850/- (per person)
Fireflies Special Kothaligad (Peth) Night Trek Itinerary
Day 0 – Saturday.
Catch Karjat fast local from CST.
CSMT – Karjat fast local time table
23.20 Meeting at Karjat railway station.
23:30 Journey towards Ambivali by local tumtum.
Day 2 – Sunday.
00:30 Reach at Ambivali.
00:45 Start ascending.
Enjoy fireflies while ascending.
04:00 Reach on top and rest till sunrise.
06:00 View sunrise and explore fort.
07:00 Start descending.
09:30 Reach Ambivali and breakfast.
10:30 Start return journey towards Karjat Railway station by local tumtum.
12:30 Disperse at Karjat Railway station.
· People may board same train from their respective stations of convenience.
· Missing the train is missing Fireflies Night Trek to Kothaligad (Peth), no refund will be provided.
· 1 veg Breakfast
· Travel Karjat to Karjat by local Jeep/Tumtum
· Trek Leader Expertise Charges
· Travel cost from Mumbai to Karjat and back
· Travel from Pune to Karjat and back
· Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
· All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered
· Any kind of personal expenses
· Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above
· All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather
· Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required
For Registration and Confirmation transfer Rs.850 per person in the given a/c
Account Name: Treks and Trails
Bank Name: Axis Bank
Account Number: 917020047534079
Branch: Churchgate – Mumbai
IfSC Code: UTIB0000695
Account Type: Current Account
UPI ID - [email protected]
Once payment is done, please send an email to [email protected] with Transaction ID, Participant Names, email ID, mobile phone number, emergency contact number.
For any queries please call us
Treks and Trails Mumbai 8828004949 / 9764461419 (Monday to Saturday - 11:30 am to 6 pm only)
· 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 8 or more days prior to the event date.
· 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 4 to 7 days prior to the event date.
· No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days prior to event date
· No show No Refund.
· Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
· Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
· If Trek get cancelled, we will refund "Trek Amount" only.
Thing to carry
· 2/3 liters of water
· Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars
· Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets
· Good Torch must with extra battery
· Trekking Shoes provide more grip and comfort on trek
· One Day Backpack 20 to 30 liters
· Sun Cap and Sunscreen
· Personal First aid and Personal Medicine
· Identity Proof
· Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles