Trekking Paradise Thrilling Night Trek to Gorakhgad on 15th Jan 2017 (Leaving on 14th Jan Saturday Night)
Registrations are only through phone calls
To Register Call
Please click on the below link to fill your details:
Type: Hill Fort
Height: 2137 feet
Base Village: Dehri
Trek Leader: Kunal | Omkar
Highlights Of The Trek:
Lord Shiva Temple
Amazing Sunrise View
Gorakhgad is a fort that can be done easily in a day, both from Mumbai and Pune. Though not famous for any historical events, Gorakhgad attracts trekkers due to its inviting pinnacles, which offer good opportunities for rock-climbing. This region of Gorakhgad and Machchindragad has a dense forest cover.
Fort Gorakhgad is quite small in size. It was having strategic importance during the reign of Shahaji Raje. However, no major battle is recorded to have taken place here. It was used in Shivaji's era to patrol the nearby region and was used as a stopover station during the journey to Junnar via Naneghat. Though small in size, there is enough availability water and a lot of space for accommodation. The fort gets its name from Saint Gorakhnath, who performed his "Sadhana" in this place.
Meeting Point: Kalyan ST Depot at 11.30 PM on 14th Jan 2017
Start by our private vehicle towards Gorakhgad
Reach the base by 2 AM.
start trek and reach the caves till 5.00 AM.
Rest in Caves till Morning.
Enjoy Sunrise from Gorakhgad Cave.
Explore the fort, have breakfast, and start descend by 9 AM.
Back to the Base Village by 12.00 PM
Lunch and start our back journey at 02:00 PM
Reach Kalyan by 04.00 PM. (approximately)
Charges – Rs 800/- per head, which includes
Travelling from Kalyan to Kalyan by Private Vehicle,
To pay Please click this link
Things To Be carried:
•Sunday Breakfast (A must)
•TORCH with extra batteries
•good winter jacket ..it will be cold at night
•Some ready to eat food. Plum cakes, Biscuits etc.
•A bottle of water (atleast 2-3 Ltrs) Compulsory
•Medicine those if you require usually
•Good trekking shoes
•A haversack to put in all the things to be carried....so that one has ones hands free while trekking.
•Pleases do not carry Jholas.
•Please avoid wearing Jewelry
• No Smoking, tobacco and alcohol
• No littering
• The leader’s decision will be final and binding on all members.
• Please understand this ain’t a picnic, all Trekking and Adventure activities demand fitness.
• We request you to get a medical fitness check done before you participate in any such events.
• If suffering from any allergy carry proper medications and inform your trek leaders about it.
• Also make sure you have a sufficient supply of medication for your trip, building in an allowance for any travel delay.
• Those with Active Chest and Heart diseases that limit physical activity should not go to high altitudes.
Trekking Paradise Team