Trekगुरु : Thriling Trek to BHIMASHANKAR via shidi ghat (WLC, Jyotir Ling & the land of Giant Squirrel (शेकरु).)
Date : 02/08/2015 (01/08 nyt)
Height : 3296 feet
Base Village: khandas
Imp.: Trekking experience required
Cost: Aprx 350 - 450 rs Per Person On Contribution Basis + 150rs trekगुरु charges
Contact: pravin 9821318848/9821465256
We at Trekगुरु are glad to invite you all for Thrilling Trek To Bhimashankar (ascend via shidi ghat - descend via ganesh ghat) On 02 august 2015 (leaving 01 aug night). Bhimashankar is a dream destination for any trekker, a perfect setting for an exciting and short eco-adventure.
Journeys and trek scheduled
01 aug 2015 Saturday
CATCH CST TO KARJAT LOCAL (SLOW)
10.31pm : CST
10.39pm : byculla
10.49pm : DADAR
10.59pm : kurla
11.05pm : ghatkopar
11.26pm : THANE
11.48pm : dombivali
11.57pm : KALYAN
00.08am : ambernath
00.15am : badlapur
00.32am : NERAL
02 aug 2015 Sunday
Depart to Khandas by a Private Vehicle
01.15am : Reach Khandas base village
05.00am : wake up
06.00am : START TREK via SHIDI (LADDER) GHAT
11.00 am reach bhimashankar
Bhimashankar is one of the 12 Jyotirling's of India, approximately at an altitude of 3500 feet. The area around Bhimashankar is covered with dense jungle. It is also a wildlife sanctuary and home to a wide variety of animals like Sambar, barking deer, porcupines, jungle-fowls, wild pig, langur, rhesus macaque and flying Squirrel etc. The sanctuary is famous as the home of a highly endangered subspecies of the Indian Giant Squirrel – Shekharu (Ratufa indica elphistoni), which is also the state animal of Maharashtra.
Shiva Temple: It is a modest yet graceful temple and it dates back to mid 18th century. The shikhara of the temple was built by Nana Phadnavis. This temple is closely associated with the legend of Shiva slaying the demon Tripurasura associated with the invincible flying citadels Tripuras. Shiva is said to have taken abode in the Bhima form, upon the request of the Gods, on the crest of the Sahyadri hills, and the sweat that poured forth from his body after the battle is said to have formed the Bhimarathi River. Bhimashankar is also the source of the Bhima River, which flows south east and merges with the Krishna River near Raichur. A big size bell in Hemadpanthi structure, built by Nana Phadanavis is also a feature of Bhimashankar.
Gupt Bhimashankar: There is a water stream route going down from the left of the Ram temple. Taking that route, we enter a thick jungle. We reach a temple around 25 minutes through this route. A route going toward the waterfall, left of this temple, leads to the “water sculpted” “Shiva Linga” under this waterfall. This is called the Gupt Bhimashankar. There is a huge waterfall at this place during the monsoons
Nagphani: We reach a pond when we climb towards Bhimashankar from the Ghat. The route going towards the right, from this pond, takes us to the Hanuman temple. The route going up through this route leads to the Nagphani. We can have a view of the forts of Peth and Padhar and the plateaus of Peth and Matheran.
02.00 pm Start descend via GANESH GHAT
The Ganesh ghat route is so called since there is a Ganesh temple enroute the trek. This temple, is rather early’ish in the trek and most trekkers would stop here to take in the beauty of the surrounding forest and then take Ganesha’s blessings to continue further on the trek.
05.00 pm Reach khandas
06.00 pm Reach karjat via jeep/tumtum
CATCH TRAIN TOWARDS MUMBAI
08.30 pm Mumbai (tentatively)
Cost : Aprx 350 - 450 rs Per Person On Contribution Basis + 150rs trekगुरु charges
> Neral – Khandas – karjat by Taxi/tumtum
> Night stay (carry personal bedding)
> Morning Breakfast – Tea - veg lunch
> Trekगुरु charges
Things To Be carried:
Identity proof (must)
A bottle of water (atleast 3 Ltrs),
Personal bedding, sleeping Bag / 2 bed sheets & carry mat (must)
Towel, a napkin, Extra Pair of clothes (must)
Binocular, Camera, Cap, etc. (Optional)
Some ready to eat food. Plum cakes, Biscuits etc
Medicine those if u require usually
A good trekking shoes, extra pair of socks
A haversack to put in all the things to be carried...
To confirm his/her registration needs to deposit advance payment (500rs) into the following bank account (Please write your name in description)
Bank Name: BANK OF MAHARASHTRA
Account ID: 20059830445
Account Type: Savings Bank Account
Account name: PRAVIN P. KAMBLE
Branch: BHOIWADA - MUMBAI
IFSC code: MAHB0000563
Pravin : 9821318848
Do's, Dont's & Facts
- Rains showers are expected, so pack your bags accordingly.
- Pack your stuff with an extra polythene lining to protect the contents from rain.
- A proper two sided haversack to put all the things, So that one has hands free while trekking.
- Please do not carry sling bags or Jholas.
- check ur railway timings according to ur location.
- Kindly carry 1 Identity proof
- we carry only First aid.
- Cost Not Included Insurance, medical Coverage.
- Please do not carry or wear any valuables, ornaments, jewellery, etc. If carried, then we Do Not take any liability for the same.
- It is most essential to be fit and fine before heading for trekking. While planning your trekking trip, it is preferable to have a medical fitness check-up done.
- Rock Climbing, Rappelling, Trekking or any adventure activity is potentially risky. For all these events you are at your own risk.
- All activities & programs carry an amount of risk of injury and you are aware that outdoor activities have an inherent risk of personal injury.
- Organizers are not responsible for any accident, mishap (including death) or compensation in whatsoever manner.
- Trekगुरु reserves all right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without any prior notice.
- Smoking and alcohol strictly prohibited.
- Be a group - its not a race.
- NO littering please...we are educated.
- Any adventure activity is a disciplined fun.
- The leader’s decision will be final and binding on all members. No Arguments will be entertained.