Event Name: Kedarkantha Peak and Rishikesh Rafting
Event Date: Option 1: 24th December 2017– 1st January 2018 (Delhi to Delhi)
Event Date: Option 2: 23rd December 2017– 1st January 2018 (Mumbai to Mumbai)
Event Cost: Option 1: Ex-Delhi :-Rs. 16,499 per pax
Option 2: Ex-Mumbai :- Rs. 19,499 per pax
Altitude: 12,500 Feet above the sea level
Grade: Easy - Moderate
Duration: 10 Days
Feel the essence of fresh winter snow upon lush green meadows as you begin your journey upon a road earmarked by tall pine trees. A carpet of leaves of the darkest brown will greet you at the very outset. Make sure to freeze your initial view of a frozen lake encompassing the campsite in your lens (or maybe even your handy 4G/3G camera phone). It will take a while to reach the summit, but oh! the complete 360 degree view of snow clad peaks of the Garhwal Himalayas is sure to take your breathe away.
From the serene and calm mountains to the absolute daring rapids of the Ganges, battle through the high currents of River Ganga, feeling ahead rushin the white waters at Rishikesh before the New Year Bash 2018.
· Surreal trek through the glistening white snow covered mountains
· Get to touch the sky and get an eye level view of the famous mountain summits
· Astronomy and Astrophotography is best done here where the glittering stars and stretched milky way ornament the sky at night
· The frozen Juda-Ka-Talab situated in the clearing of the forests of Oak and Maple creating a perfect picnic spot
· Drive through “Queen of Hills” –Mussoorie and reach the astonishing village of Sankri located on a hill slope
· Forget the usual celebrations back in your city and bring in the New Year in an unique manner, battling the intense rapids of river ganga through white water rafting in Rishikesh
Day 0: December 23, 2017 – Hello Trikoners, welcome aboard our “Kedarkantha Express” as we begin our Christmas trip to the hills. First stop: New Delhi.
Day 1: December 24, 2017 – Off the beaten road and away from the madding crowd, we are off to feel the kiss of the cold winter clouds of Dehradun.
Day 2: December 25, 2017 –With the vehicle horn going “Jingle all the way”, we begin our 200-km drive from Dehradun to Sankri (will take a minimum of 10-11 hours, so hold tight to those reigns) and enjoy this different beckoning of Christmas day!
Day 3:December 26, 2017 – Day after Christmas and we are already on our way to Juda – Ka - Talab – a 4 km trek but we have 4 hours to see if we did get any Christmas gifts!
Day 4: December 27, 2017 –Christmas over..not to worry as we have 5 more days to New Year and of course the 4km-2.5-hour trek to Kedarkantha base camp to look forward to.
Day 5: December 28, 2017 –..and up the snow capped peak we go – from Kedarkantha to the icy Kedarkantha peak; a 6km (6-7 hours) long descend to Hargaon
Day 6: December 29, 2017 - End game guys as we begin our trek back from Hargaon to Sankri – a 6 km-4 hour trek.
Day 7:December 30, 2017 –Two days to New Year and we begin our celebrations with a bit of an adrenaline rush with river rafting and (brace on) overnight camping at Rishikesh– A drive to the campsite from Sankri is all that will take.
Day 8: December 31, 2017 –New Year’s Eve and we have a party planned for you guys right on the banks of the Ganges.
Day 9: January 01, 2018 –..and it’s a wrap people as we finish our breakfast and depart for the capital leave for Mumbai.
● Stay in comfortable, clean and hygienic tents and guesthouse (Triple sharing basis)
● Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner from Day-2to Day-8
● Travel cost from Delhi to Dehradun and Rishikesh to Delhi (Option 1 and 2)
● Train fare from Mumbai to Delhi and back (Option 1)
● Breakfast on Day-9
● First aid medical kits and medical assistance during the trek
● Professional trek leads, event management fees and support staff
· Cost Escalation due to natural reasons, obstructions, landslides etc.
· Any personal expenses incurred during the trek
· Offloading of bags during the trek
· Travel cost of arrival and departure from Delhi (In case of people opting for Option 2)
· Lunch and dinner costs on Day 9
· Other adventure activities except rafting, done by the participants
· Anything other than above mentioned inclusion
. Taxes as Applicable
Things to Carry
● A photocopy of your Identity Proof (Passport / Voter ID Card/PAN Card/Aadhar Card/ Driving License)
● Rucksack – If you are offloading your Rucksack, you will need a small daypack to carry your basic essentials
● Good trekking shoes and a pair of slip-ons, if required for campsite
● 2 Water Bottles (1 litre each)
● Woolen or Fleece Gloves and a pair of waterproof gloves
● Cotton socks and woolen socks (2 pairs each)
● Balaclava, Woolen scarf – If you do not have a Balaclava, you can carry Monkey cap instead
● Thermal Inners
● Fleece Jacket, Snow Jacket or Padded Jacket (1 each)
● Windcheater or Poncho
● 2-3 pairs of trek pants
● 2 collared and full sleeved t-shirts – Do not carry loose t-shirts as they tend to make you feel cold
● Camera or Binoculars
● Ready to eat snacks, Enerzyl Powder or Glucon D Powder – Carry nuts, dryfruits, energy bars to munch during the trek. They provide instant energy whenever it hits the lower base.
● Cap, Sunglasses - Do ensure that your sunglasses are UV Protected. Do not carry reflectors.
● Headlamp/LED Torch – Mandatory
● Toiletries – Sunscreen, Moisturizer, light towel, lip balm, wet wipes, toothbrush, toothpaste, Hand Sanitizer, Mosquito repellent, if required
● Polythene Bags or Zip-lock Bags – These help to segregate wet clothes, used wet wipes or sanitary napkins on trek
● Any medicines that you normally consume - Please consult your doctor in this regard
· For participants arriving from Mumbai by train, ensure that you board ‘12903 – Golden Temple Mail’, which departs from Mumbai Central Station at 09:25 PM. From Mumbai, you can also board the train from Borivali.
· Those joining from Delhi,please meet the Travel Trikon Team at 11:30 PM on December 24, 2017 at New Delhi Railway Station. From thereon, we shall board ‘12205 – Nanda Devi Express‘ and leave for Dehradun which departs at 11:50 PM.
· For departures, those flying out of Delhi, it is advisable to book a flight only after 10.00 PM
· For those opting for Option 1, kindly note that we shall take ‘12908 – Maharashtra Sampark Kranti’ departing from Nizamuddin Railway Station (i.e. Old Delhi Railway Station) at 09:35 PM
· Do note Missing the train means missing the event, no refunds would be entertained by Travel Trikon
Consuming liquor or any kind of Alcoholic substance is prohibited. Carrying any kind of substance that’s illegal is not allowed. Smoking is strictly not allowed. Anybody found smoking or consuming alcoholic drinks will be expelled from the event without refund.
Fitness & Health – Though trekking is a fun-filled activity, it demands good amount of physical fitness. If you are under medication, please carry your medicines. During the trek, leaders will have over the counter medication for temporary treatment, so do give a heads up to them if you need any medical assistance.
Modes Of Payment: You have an option to pay Rs. 10,000/- in part to book a seat now. However, full payment will be needed at least 30 days prior to the event date for confirmation.
Net Banking Details:
Bank Name: ICICI Bank
Account ID: 698505600192
Account Type: Current Account
Account name: TRAVEL TRIKON
Branch: MUMBAI – RAGHUVANSHI MILL,BAPAT MARG, LOWER PAREL (W) MUMBAI-400013
IFSC Code : ICIC0006985
Mobile Banking Details
PayTM: Transfer to 9819021806 and mention “Participant/Event Name” in Optional Description.
UPI: Please note our Id: trikon@icici to make the payment.
After making the payment through net banking or mobile, please take a screenshot of the transaction and mail it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please call on +919819021806 / +9199819494297 for any query.
For any other information, please drop us an email with your name and phone number at email@example.com. Please write the subject of the mail as ‘Trikon #633 Kedarkantha Trek + Rafting’
Please expect a delay in response for any queries on Saturday & Sunday as Travel Trikon Team will be travelling to some or the other event. Thanks for your understanding & cooperation.
Please refer to following links for more information:
Why Travel Trikon?
Rules and Regulation
Registration & Cancellation Policy
Follow us on:
"For WhatsApp notifications on Travel Trikon upcoming events, please ping us 'UPDATE' with your 'NAME' on 9819021806"
Please save this number as Travel Trikon to receive Broadcast message
Look forward to having you with us!
Team Travel Trikon
Connect | Explore | Unwind