Event Tag:Trikon #634
Event Name: Har Ki Doon Trek and Rishikesh Rafting
Event Date: Option 1: 23rd December 2017– 1st January 2018 (Delhi to Delhi)
Event Date: Option 2: 22nd December 2017– 1st January 2018 (Mumbai to Mumbai)
Event Cost: Option 1: Ex-Delhi :- Rs. 18,499 per pax
Event Cost: Option 2: Ex-Mumbai :- Rs. 19,999 per pax
Base Village: Sankri
Altitude: 11,500 Feet above the sea level
Grade: Easy - Moderate
Duration: 10 Days
About Har Ki Doon:
Walking through beautiful alpine meadows, ridges, glacier basins and dense coniferous forests, you enter high alititude villages where you can seize an opportunity to experience a traditional Garhwali culture, one of itskind! ‘Har’ means God, ‘Doon’ means Valley, hence, you are in the Valley of God. Treat yourself to a view of the magnificent peaks like Swargarohini I, II, III, Bandarpooch and KalaNag, with a snow-filled basin just under. You may get goosebumps in case you are able to spot wild bores, barasinghasor black bears. Try not being their food ;).This valley is of significant importance in terms of Hindu Mythology for dual reasons, those that you could inquire about while you trek. Let the ever changing mountain weather brush your fatigue off.
Experience a transition from tranquility to pulse-racing, as you come closer to bidding farewell to 2017. Take a spiritual dip while you battle through the high currents of river Ganges, feeling a headrush in the white waters at Rishikesh. Relax, Exuberate, Celebrate your New Years as the speakers roar, fires burn and the river flows, under the starlit sky!
· Surreal trek through the glistening white snow covered mountains
· Drive through “Queen of Hills” –Mussoorie and reach the astonishing village of Sankri located on a hill slope
· Get to touch the sky and get an eye level view of the famous mountain summits
· Catch glimpses of Swargarohini Peaks I, II, III, Bandarpooch and Blackpeak glistening and showcasting its beauty
· Forget the usual celebrations back in your city and bring in the New Year in an unique manner, battling the intense rapids of river Ganga through white-water rafting in Rishikesh
Day 0: December 22, 2017 – Hello Trikoners, welcome aboard our “Har Ki DoonExpress” as we begin our Christmas trip to the hills. First stop: New Delhi.
Day 1: December 23, 2017 – Off the beaten road and away from the madding crowd, we are off to feel the kiss of the cold winter clouds of Dehradun.
Day 2: December 24, 2017 – With the vehicle horn going “Jingle all the way”, we begin our 200-km drive from Dehradun to Sankri (will take a minimum of 10-11 hours, so hold tight to those reigns).
Day 3:December 25, 2017 –Take on the wheel for a 11 km drive to Taluka. It’s Christmas and we begin our 14-km trek, spanning over 5-6 hours with the compass directed at Seema, our destination for the night.
Day 4: December 26, 2017– Day after Christmas and we are already on our way to Har Ki Doon, a11 km trek but we have 6 hours to see if we did get any Christmas gifts!
Day 5: December 27, 2017 –Explore your hearts out, either at Jaundhar Glacier or Maninda Tal or simply spend some time with yourself and rest at the campsite
Day 6: December 28, 2017 –Bidding goodbye, begin your 11 km descent to the only abode of Duryodhana, Osla walking for 4 hours.
Day 7:December 29, 2017 –End game guys as we begin our trail back from Osla to Sankri – a 14 km- 5 hour trek.
Day 8: December 30, 2017 –Two days to New Year and we begin our celebrations with a bit of an adrenaline rush with river rafting and (brace on) overnight camping at Rishikesh– A drive to the campsite from Sankri is all that will take.
Day 9: December 31, 2017– New Year’s Eve and we have a party planned for you guys right on the banks of the Ganges.
Day 10: January 01,2018 –..and it’s a wrap people as we finish our breakfast and depart for the capital .
· Stay in comfortable, clean and hygienic tents and guesthouse (Triple sharing basis)
· All meals from Day-2 to Day-9
· Breakfast on Day-10
· Travel cost from Delhi to Dehradun and Rishikesh to Delhi (Option 1 and 2)
· Train fare from Mumbai to Delhi and back (Option 1)
· Professional trek leads, event management fees and support staff
· First aid medical kits and medical assistance during the trek
· Cost Escalation due to natural reasons, obstructions, landslides etc.
· Any personal expenses incurred during the trek
· Offloading of bags during the trek
· Travel cost of arrival upto Delhi. (Option2)
· Travel cost post Delhi , if any. (Option 2)
· Lunch and dinner costs on Day 10
· Other adventure activities except rafting, done by the participants
· Anything other than above mentioned inclusion
Things to Carry
● A photocopy of your Identity Proof (Passport / Voter ID Card/PAN Card/Aadhar Card/ Driving License)
● Rucksack- If you are offloading your rucksack, you will need a small daypack to carry your basic essentials
● Good trekking shoes and a pair of slip-ons, if required for campsite
● 2 Water Bottles (1 litre each)
● Woolen or Fleece Gloves and a pair of waterproof gloves
● Cotton socks and woolen socks (2 pairs each)
● Balaclava, Woolen scarf – If you do not have a Balaclava, you can carry Monkey cap instead
● Thermal Inners
● Fleece Jacket, Snow Jacket or Padded Jacket (1 each)
● Windcheater or Poncho
● 2-3 pairs of trek pants
● 2 collared and full sleeved t-shirts – Do not carry loose t-shirts as they tend to make you feel cold
● Camera or Binoculars
● Ready to eat snacks, Enerzyl Powder or Glucon D Powder – Carry nuts, dryfruits, energy bars to munch during the trek. They provide instant energy whenever it hits the lower base.
● Cap, Sunglasses - Do ensure that your sunglasses are UV Protected. Do not carry reflectors.
● Headlamp/LED Torch – Mandatory
● Toiletries – Sunscreen, Moisturizer, light towel, lip balm, wet wipes, toothbrush, toothpaste, Hand Sanitizer, Mosquito repellent, if required
● Polythene Bags or Zip-lock Bags – These help to segregate wet clothes, used wet wipes or sanitary napkins on trek
● Any medicines that you normally consume - Please consult your doctor in this regard
· For participants arriving from Mumbai by train, ensure that you board ‘12903 – Golden Temple Mail’, which departs from Mumbai Central Station at 09:25 PM. From Mumbai, you can also board the train from Borivali.
· Those joining from Delhi,please meet the Travel Trikon Team at 11:30 PM on December 24, 2017 at New Delhi Railway Station. From thereon, we shall board ‘12205 – Nanda Devi Express‘ and leave for Dehradun which departs at 11:50 PM.
· For departures, those flying out of Delhi, it is advisable to book a flight only after 10.00 PM
· For those opting for Option 1, kindly note that we shall take ‘12908 – Maharashtra Sampark Kranti’ departing from Nizamuddin Railway Station (i.e. Old Delhi Railway Station) at 09:35 PM
· Do note, Missing the train means missing the event, no refunds would be entertained by Travel Trikon
Consuming liquor or any kind of Alcoholic substance is prohibited. Carrying any kind of substance that’s illegal is not allowed. Smoking is strictly not allowed. Anybody found smoking or consuming alcoholic drinks will be expelled from the event without refund.
Fitness & Health – Though trekking is a fun-filled activity, it demands good amount of physical fitness. If you are under medication, please carry your medicines. During the trek, leaders will have over the counter medication for temporary treatment, so do give a heads up to them if you need any medical assistance.
Modes Of Payment: You have an option to pay Rs. 10,000/- in part to book a seat now. However, full payment will be needed at least 30 days prior to the event date for confirmation.
Net Banking Details:
Bank Name: ICICI Bank
Account ID: 698505600192
Account Type: Current Account
Account name: TRAVEL TRIKON
Branch: MUMBAI – RAGHUVANSHI MILL,BAPAT MARG, LOWER PAREL (W) MUMBAI-400013
IFSC Code : ICIC0006985
Mobile Banking Details
PayTM: Transfer to 9819021806 and mention “Participant/Event Name” in Optional Description.
UPI: Please note our Id: trikon@icici to make the payment.
After making the payment through net banking or mobile, please take a screenshot of the transaction and mail it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please call on +919819021806 / +919819494297 for any query.
For any other information, please drop us an email with your name and phone number at email@example.com. Please write the subject of the mail as ‘Trikon #634 Harki Dun Trek & Rafting’
Please expect a delay in response for any queries on Saturday & Sunday as Travel Trikon Team will be travelling to some or the other event. Thanks for your understanding & cooperation.
Please refer to following links for more information:
Why Travel Trikon?
Rules and Regulation
Registration & Cancellation Policy
Follow us on:
"For WhatsApp notifications on Travel Trikon upcoming events, please ping us 'UPDATE' with your 'NAME' on 9819021806"
Please save this number as Travel Trikon to receive Broadcast message
Look forward to having you with us!
Team Travel Trikon
Connect | Explore | Unwind