Trek to Hadsar Fort and Shivneri
Date: 24th March, 2018
Meeting Point: Kalyan Stn
MeetingTime: 09:00 PM
Cost: ₹1500/- per head
Fort Hadsar, also known as Parvatgad, was constructed during the Satvaahanas and was heavily inhabited during that period. It is located on the outskirts of Ahmednagar (known commonly as Nagar) to control the trade route passing through Naneghat. Documentary evidences show that Hadsar was one of the forts exchanged in the 1637 treaty between Shahaji Raje and the Mughals. In 1818 the British forces conquered Junnar and the forts in this region. Like most other cases, main features of this fort were demolished by the british during their attack and later.
Shivanerii is known to be a place of Buddhist dominion from the 1st century AD. The caves, rock-cut architecture and water system indicate presence of habitation from the 1st century. Shivaneri got its name as it was under the possession of the Yadavas of Devagiri. This fort was mainly used to guard the old trading route from Desh to the port city of Kalyan. The place passed on to the hands of Bahamani kings after the weakening of Delhi Sultanate during the 15th century. In 1595, Maratha chief Maloji Bhosale, the grandfather of Shivaji, was enabled by Bahamani king Bahadur Nizam Shah II and gave him the inter-alia Shivneri and Chakan. Chhatrapati Shivaji was born at the fort on 19 February 1630 (some accounts place it 1627), and spent his childhood there. Inside the fort is a small temple dedicated to the goddess Shivai Devi, after whom Shivaji was named. The English traveller Fraze visited the fort in 1673 and found it invincible. According to his accounts the fort was well-stocked to feed thousand families for seven years. He also made a mention that the fort was then governed by a Brahmin turned Muslim. The fort was under the control of the Mughals after the Marathas and Sahu demanded it back in 1716. They regained the fort in 1762 and became a part of Ragunatha Rao. The fort came under the control of the British in 1818.
09:00 PM: Meeting Point @ Kalyan Stn
09:30 PM: Proceed towards base village by private vehicle
01.00 AM: Reach at the base village
01.30 AM: Introduction Round & Start the trek
05:30 AM Wake-up call & Get freshen up
06.00 AM: Watch Sunrise from top
07:00 AM: Tea & Brekfast Relax, explore, spend time, enjoy, enjoy…
08.30 AM: Start descend
09.30 AM: Reach at the base
10.00 AM: Start towards Shivneri
10.30 AM: Reach at the base
11.00 AM: Reach at the top, explore, photos…
12.30 PM: Start return journey
13.30 PM: Lunch on the way
17.30 PM: Reach Mumbai
- Travelling from Kalyan TO Kalyan ( Local Transport )
- Morning Breakfast & Sunday Lunch ( Veg )
- Safety and First Aid.
- Travel Bufffs Expertise Charges.
û Any kind of personal expenses viz. mineral water, Soft drinks, etc.
û Any kind of Insurance
û Anything which is not mentioned in Inclusions
THINGS TO CARRY:-
• Identity Proof
• A bottle of water (Minimum 3 Ltrs),
• Warm clothes (compulsory)
• Medicine those if you require usually (Optional)
• Good trekking shoes
• Some ready to eat food
• Pleases do not carry sling bags
• Please avoid wearing Gold and other ornaments.
By registering or joining any of the program organised by Travel Buffs, you acknowledge that you have read, understood & agreed to the following terms & conditions.
Terms & Condition:-
• Leaders’ decision shall be final & abiding to all, till completion of the trek.
• Smoking & consumption of Alcohol is strictly not allowed on the trek.
• Everyone is expected to follow safety protocols defined by the leaders.
• Polluting trek route of the destination is strictly prohibited.
• You acknowledge that the photographs taken during the activity which can be used for publicity purpose. You consent to let organisers photograph you and let them to use for publicity purpose & also consent to allow organisers to use the photograph clicked by you for publicity purpose.
• There is possibility of injury during activities & programs and you are aware that outdoor activities bears inborn risk of personal injury.
• You are joining an outdoor activity where any incident/ Natural calamity can happen & you agree that organiser shall not be held responsible for the any accident, mishap (including death) caused by any circumstances (artificial or natural).
• During emergency situation, your consent to any medical treatment recommended by a qualified medical practitioner (this could include inoculations, blood transfusions, surgery or the use of anaesthetic).
• You realise a certain level of acceptable behaviour is mandatory to participate in outdoor activities and that you may be excluded from activities if this level is not maintained. You acknowledge event leaders right to expel you from the group if you does not follow instruction of the leader/ misbehave. Further you consent once you are expelled from the group; organisers & leaders does not owe any kind of liability towards you.
• If the participant does not agree with any part of such terms, conditions and notices, the participant must not avail our Services.
• Travel Buffs have all authority to make any changes/ cancel the events/ programmes and final Decision.
Please read "Terms and Conditions" before joining any event
For Registrations call Team 'Travel Buffs':
Kaustubh : 97571 46611 / 97692 71231
Jaydeep : 98333 96615
Aniket: : 88796 72258
If not reachable, SMS or WhatsApp.
E-mail id: email@example.com
Booking only through 100% Advance payment. “Your registration will be confirmed only after full payment received.”
The amount is to be deposited in the following account.
Account No: 35210191268
Name: Kaustubh V. Lad
IFS code: SBIN0016414
Bank Name: State Bank Of India
Once payment is done, please email details to “firstname.lastname@example.org” including Transaction ID, Participant Name, Email ID and Mobile Number
Cancellation & Refund Policy:-
- If cancellation is done prior to 10 days of outing 75% will be refunded.
- If done prior to 5 days of outing 50% will be refunded
- After that, no refund will be provided
It is mandatory that you visit your personal physician before enrolling for the trip if you suffer from any illness of any kind and disclose the same and your medical history to the organisers of the trip so that best possible arrangements can be carried out post approval. As organisers of the trip, we will be responsible for providing basic first aid throughout the trip. In case of unexpected mishaps or accidents, we will arrange for the injured patron to be taken to the nearest medical hospital wherever possible. The medical expenses will have to be borne by the patrons themselves.
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/Travelbuffs.in/