Velas Turtle Festival
Batch 2 : April 07 - 08
Cost: - 2550/- Per Person
Velas Turtle Festival
Velas, well known Turtle destination of Maharashtra. Typical Konkani village hosts annual turtle festival in co-ordination with Sahyadri Nisarga Mitra, Chiplun & Forest Department. Join us to witness these little turtles leave the coast to endure ocean life. Watch little beauties, birds, serene beach & enjoy delicious local cuisine.
One of the ancient coastal fort, guarding entry points of Savitri river. The fort was ruled by Aadilshahi, Marathas & British. Square shaped fort situated atop of hillock, named “Himmatgad” in Maratha reign. The way to fort surrounded by dense mango plantation, makes it pleasant. View of coastline & Harihareshwar from top is beautiful. Fort still holds intact ramparts, bastion & chambers.
A most known tourist location of Maharashtra, a holy place located along beautiful coastline of Konkan. Temple of Harihareshwar believed to be blessed by Lord Shiva, so the place often referred as Dakshin Kashi. The place is popular for its picturesque beaches.
Day 0 : -
Meeting Point: Pritam Da Hotel, Dadar east at 11:00 pm Sharp on 6th April
Pick up Points: Chembur , Vashi along highway
Day 1 : -
- Reach Velas by 05:00 am
- Get fresh
- Visit Velas Beach at 06:00 am for Turtle Festival
- Bankot Fort
- Return to Velas by 01: 30pm, lunch
- Second Visit to Velas beach for Turtle at 05:00pm
- Sunset & funtime
- Back to Homestay
- Post Dinner Night walk and sharing experience of the day
- Retire for the day
Day 2 : -
- Wake up at 5.30 am
- Third Visit to Velas Beach for Turtle at 06:00am.
- Have breakfast and Head to Harihareshwar by Ferry
- Lunch at Harihareshwar
- Post Lunch, Start return journey to Mumbai
ü Traveling from Dadar to Dadar by private Non AC bus
ü Homestay/ Dormitory
ü Saturday - Breakfast, Lunch, Evening tea/ coffee. Dinner (All veg meals)
ü Sunday - Breakfast, Lunch, Evening tea/ coffee
ü Safety and First Aid.
ü Travel Buffs Expertise Charges.
û Any kind of personal expenses viz. mineral water, Soft drinks, etc.
û Any kind of Insurance
û Anything which is not mentioned in Includes
Things to Carry: -
1) Photo Identity Proof
2) Torch with spare batteries
3) 2 liters of water
4) Some ready to eat food
5) Good trekking shoes
6) Extra pair of clothes
9) Personal medicines if any required.
10) Backpack to keep all things
11) Camera, Sunglasses, etc. - optional
*** Do not carry sling bags or zholas.
*** Do not wear gold or carry valuable ornaments
· The tour dates planned according to information provided by volunteers & researchers at Velas however Turtle sighting is a natural phenomenon and its matter of luck.
· For safety & security measures, swimming at Velas beach is strictly prohibited.
By registering or joining any of the program organised by Travel Buffs, you acknowledge that you have read, understood & agreed to the following terms & conditions.
Terms & Condition:-
· Leaders’ decision shall be final & abiding to all, till completion of the trek.
· Smoking & consumption of Alcohol is strictly not allowed on the trek.
· Everyone is expected to follow safety protocols defined by the leaders.
· Polluting trek route of the destination is strictly prohibited.
· You acknowledge that the photographs taken during the activity which can be used for publicity purpose. You consent to let organisers photograph you and let them to use for publicity purpose & also consent to allow organisers to use the photograph clicked by you for publicity purpose.
· There is possibility of injury during activities & programs and you are aware that outdoor activities bears inborn risk of personal injury.
· You are joining an outdoor activity where any incident/ Natural calamity can happen & you agree that organiser shall not be held responsible for the any accident, mishap (including death) caused by any circumstances (artificial or natural).
· During emergency situation, your consent to any medical treatment recommended by a qualified medical practitioner (this could include inoculations, blood transfusions, surgery or the use of anesthetic).
· You realise a certain level of acceptable behaviour is mandatory to participate in outdoor activities and that you may be excluded from activities if this level is not maintained. You acknowledge event leaders right to expel you from the group if you does not follow instruction of the leader/ misbehave. Further you consent once you are expelled from the group organisers & leaders does not owe any kind of liability towards you.
· If the participant does not agree with any part of such terms, conditions and notices, the participant must not avail our Services.
· Travel Buffs have all authority to make any changes/ cancel the events/ programmes and final Decision.
Please read "Terms and Conditions" before joining for any event
For Registrations call Team 'Travel Buffs':
Kaustubh : 97571 46611 / 97692 71231
Jaydeep : 98333 96615
Aniket: : 88796 72258
If not reachable, SMS or WhatsApp.
Booking only through 100% Advance payment. “Your registration will be confirmed only after full payment received.”
The amount to be deposited in the following account.
Account No: 008310100018194
Name: Jaydeep Narendra Bhoir
IFS code: BKID0000083
Bank Name: Bank Of India
Once payment is done, please email details to “firstname.lastname@example.org” including Transaction ID, Participant Name, Email ID and Mobile Number
Cancellation & Refund Policy:-
• If cancellation is done prior to 10 days of outing 75% will be refunded.
• If done prior to 5 days of outing 50% will be refunded
• After that, no refund will be provided
It is mandatory that you visit your personal physician before enrolling for the trip if you suffer from any illness of any kind and disclose the same and your medical history to the organisers of the trip so that best possible arrangements can be carried out post approval. As organisers of the trip, we will be responsible for providing basic first aid throughout the trip. In case of unexpected mishaps or accidents, we will arrange for the injured patron to be taken to the nearest medical hospital wherever possible. The medical expenses will have to be borne by the patrons themselves.
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/Travelbuffs.in/