Sumeru Trekkers trek to Sandhan Valley - full descend on 27th & 28th Jan 2018
LITTLE INFORMATION ABOUT THE EVENT / TREK
Type : Trekking , Camping & rappling event
Grade : Medium
Range : Igatpuri
Base Village: samrad village
About fort :
Sandhan Valley, situated in the western ghats of Sahyadris, is located on the west side of beautiful Bhandardhara region near Samrad village (3000ft Approx), is one of the greatest canyons in the Sahyadri mountain ranges. It is a combination of a canyon and a valley. Located in the Nagar district, near the famous fort Ratangad, Sandhan valley is undoubtedly The Valley of Suspense. Walking through the narrow streak of valley with 300 ft rock walls on both the sides is a lifetime experience. Descending full Sandhan valley is always a memorable outing and the overnight stay under the sparkling sky, is a sweet cherry on the cake!!
The itinerary for the Trek:
Day 0: Friday
We leave by Kasara Local.
Time Table -
10:50 pm: CST
10:57 pm: Byculla
11:05 pm: Dadar
11:13 pm: Kurla
11:18 pm: Ghatkopar
11:34 pm: Thane
11:57 pm: Dombivali
12:07 am: Kalyan
01:18 am: Kasara
It is advised to board the first compartment of the train from driver side so that we can meet in the compartment itself.
Day 1: Saturday,
Reach Samrad by Private vehicle
Introductions , safety instuction and start trekking.
Cross the valley
Rappelling in 3 patchs
05:30 pm – Reach at base, dinner, campfire, stay
Day 2: Sunday
Wake Up early
Finish morning refreshments
Start descend towards Dehne
Lunch and proceed to Asangaon by local vehicles
Reach Mumbai by Local train by 08:00 pm (depending upon the railway mega blocks)
*Cost : 1700 INR*
1. Transportation from Kasara to base village & base village to asangoan by Jeep/Traxx
2. Breakfast & Dinner on Day 01 (All Veg)
3. Breakfast & Lunch on Day 02 (All Veg)
4. Rappelling activity & safety equipments
5 . Expertise & Guide Charges
1. Any transfer till Kasara and back
2. Lunch on Day 01
3. Anything mentioned than above inclusions
Things To Carry:
Lunch for Saturday.
Identity proof (must)
Sleeping bag or warm material for sleeping
A bottle of water (at least 2 Ltrs) Compulsory
Some ready to eat food. Plum cakes, Biscuits etc.
Torch with Extra Batteries
Personal Care stuff, Medicine those if u require usually
A good trekking shoes
Sumeru trekkers Rules :
1. Smoking and drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited.
2. Trek leader’s decision will be final and binding. ***Participation confirmation only via confirmed bank transfer. ***
3. Sumeru Trekkers reserves all the right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without prior notice.
4. Telephonic confirmation is mandatory, if unable to contact send us a text message.
5. Sleeveless, low neck, figure hugging shirts/tops, short pants, hot pants not allowed.
6. Payment made is nonrefundable and non-transferable.
7. Please do not carry handbags or Jolas or Sling bags. Morning breakfast for Sunday
For more details and Registration, Please contact on the nos. given below:
1) Bank Name: State Bank Of India
Name: Tushar Kedar
Account No : 33064879796
IFSC Code: SBIN0007212
(Once the payment is done, please message your UTR number and your name on above contact numbers).
2) Cash payment - Please free to call on above numbers and we will arrange for collection of cash.