Small Steps Adventures: Trek to Valley of Shadow “Sandhan Valley” on 9th – 10th December, 2017.
Small Steps Adventure, Invites you for trekking near Mumbai to explore the Sandhan Valley (leaving Friday night)
Sandhan Valley, also known as Valley of suspense or Valley of Shadow, is one of the greatest canyons in the splendid setting of Sahyadri (Western Ghats). The water carved valley is 200 ft deep and about 1.5 long. Sandhan valley is located on the western side of the beautiful Bhandardara region, near Samrad village. The valley is surrounded with mighty Alang, Madan and Kulang (Known as AMK- rated as the toughest trek in Sahyadri) Ratangad, Ajoba&Kalsubai (5400 ft. highest peak in Maharashtra) mountain ranges. The brilliant and deep narrow rock floored ravine is located between the two high walls of mountain range. At some places its width is less than 3 ft and at some places sun rays unable to reach the ground. Which gives it the name: valley of shadow.
Board Kasara slow local from Mumbai CST on Fridayi.e on 8th Dec’17. Train timing as below:
18:35 Board Indrayani train from Pune
21:00 Reach Kalyan
Day: 1 – Saturday 9th Dec’17
01:30 am: Meet our leader at Kasara Rail Station.
03:30 am: Reach base village by local transport (jeep /traxx).
06:00 am: Refreshment &Breakfast.
06:30 am: Start full descend trek towards Sandhan Valley.
01:30 pm: Lunch in route.
05:00 pm: Evening tea & snacks.
08:30 pm: Dinner & night stay In Tents (triple sharing basis)
Day: 2 – Sunday 10th Dec’17
06:30 am: Wake up, Breakfast
08:30 am: Start descending toward Dehne village.
12:30 pm: Reach Dehne village and Lunch.
01:30 pm: Start travel from Asangaon.
Cost: INR 1850/- + Tax Applicable (5%).
Inclusions: Transport from kasara to base village to asangaon, 2 Breakfast, 2 Lunch, Dinner, Technical expertise, tent stay (Sharing Basis), First aid.
Exclusions: Any Other personal expenses, Gst (5%).
Things to carry:
>A good trekking shoe.
>A good torch with extra batteries (Mandatory)
>Identity proof (Mandatory)
>At least 2 Ltrs of water. (Mandatory)
>Full sleeves t-shirt and full length pant (Mandatory - To protect from Sun, insects, bushes etc.)
>Extra pair of clothes. (Mandatory - To change after trek (Can be kept in vehicle during trek))
>A haversack to put in all the things to be carried, so that one has ones hands free while trekking.
>sweater/shawl/ Sleeping bag/ Mat.
>Some ready to eat food. Plum cakes, Biscuits etc. (Optional)
>Cap, Scarf, Sun glasses etc. (Optional)
>Medicine those if you require usually (Optional).
>Bring plate and spoon to avoid use of plastic.
>Please avoid wearing Gold and other ornaments.
1. Smoking and drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited.
2. Trek/camp leader's decision will be final and binding.
3. Small Steps reserves all the right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without prior notice.
4. Telephonic confirmation is mandatory; if unable to contact us then send a text message and we will call you back.
6. Please avoid wearing Gold and other jewelry.
7. Please do not carry handbags or Jholas or Sling bags on treks.
√ Payment details:
1) While online transfer, please provide your name in notes section.
2) Once payment is done, please send an email to mail@Smallstepsadventures.com with transaction id, name.
Name: Small Steps Adventures
A/c type: Current account
A/c no.: 1043102000005333
Cancellation and Refund applicable on the tour cost:
1. Ifcancellation done prior to 15 days of outing 75% will be refunded.
2. If done prior to 10 days of outing 50% will be refunded
3. After that no refund will be provided.