Karnala Fort Trek Information
Type: Hill fort
Height: 1440 ft
Base Village: Karnala Bird Sanctuary
Karnala Fort Trek Details
Karnala is located in Panvel Taluka of Raigad District. Karnala Fort Trek is 55 kms and 125 kms away from Mumbai and Pune respectively. Karnala Fort is amidst a dense Forest which is well-known as a Karnala Bird Sanctuary. Before Starting the Karnala trek, you will come across a mini-zoo-like foundation of various animals and birds. The fort is clearly visible on Mumbai Goa Highway. It’s thumb like structure of Basalt Rock and it is one of a kind. One can reach Karnala Fort by number of routes. But the one from the main gate is famous & also frequently used by many Trekkers, Photography enthusiasts.
Karnala Fort Trek Schedule
We are Waiting for you
Meet at Panvel Railway Station at 7.30 am. We will proceed to Karnala Fort in our Transfer Vehicle.
We will reach Karnala Bird Sanctuary around 8.30 am. Enter the forest with permissions and enjoy the delicious breakfast before we begin the Karnala Fort Trek.
Karnala Fort, here we come!
Around 9.15 am, we will start our Karnala Fort Trek. The trek is mainly through the forest providing you enough shelter from the sun. But as the Forest is dense, you may also feel the intense humidity. Duration of the trek is around 3 hours.
Yay, we are here! - Relax & feel the achievement of reaching the top.
We will reach Karnala Fort around 12 noon. Relax for a while and enjoy the view this fort offers. Don’t forget to click numerous Group Photos and Safe Selfies. We will start the descend by 1 pm.
Lovely Rural Lunch after the hike is must!
After filling the memory of your camera and mind, we head back to the base to feast on the delicacies of Vegetarian and Non-Vegetarian dishes cooked by local villagers. We will reach base by 3 pm.
What an Amazing Experience! Share with your friends & family!
Post-Delicious Lunch, we will head to Panvel Railway Station around 4 pm. Don’t forget to share your experience and feedback about Karnala fort trek before bidding adieu.
INR 750 + 5% GST
● Panvel to Panvel transport
● Forest entry Fees
● Karnala Trek expertise
● Anything that not mentioned in inclusions & GST
Cancellation and refund applicable on the tour cost:
● If cancellation done prior to 15 days of outing 75% will be refunded.
● If cancellation done prior to 10 days of outing 50% will be refunded.
● After that no refund will be provided.
Things To Carry:
● At least 2 ltrs of drinking water
● Photo ID card
● Good trekking or sport shoes (Compulsory)
● Some ready to eat food (plum cakes, biscuits)
● Electral/Tang powder/Glucose-D/salt
● Cap, camera, mobiles phones, socks, extra pairs of clothes (if required)
● Any personal medicine
Karnala Trek Rules:
● In Mountains & Jungles, smoking attracts honeybees and one has to face dangerous "honeybee attack" where survival of the person is difficult, hence smoking is strictly prohibited.
● Drinking Alcohol is strictly prohibited.
● Leader's Decision will be Final and Binding.
● Small Steps Adventures reserves all the right to Change/ Deviate/ Cancel the plans without prior notice.
● Telephonic Confirmation for booking is Mandatory; if unable to contact us then send a text message and we will call you back.
● Please do not carry Handbags or Jholas or Sling bags on treks.
● Please do not carry or wear any valuables, ornaments, jewellery, etc. If carried, then we do not take any liability for the same.