Small Steps Adventures: Night Trek and Camping at Kothaligad on 23rd-24th December 2017
Kothaligad (also called Kotligad or Kothligad) is a small Fort (3100 ft) is situated to the east of Karjat near Karjat-Murbad Road in the Indianstate of Maharashtra. It is one of the famous treks in the Karjat area, because of its small height and easy climbing. It is also known as the Fort of Peth because of its vicinity to Peth village at its base. This fort is surrounded with other forts like Bhimashankar, Rajmachi, Dhak, Sidhhagad.
Highlights of Tour:
· Pinnacle of the Peth fort with internally carved stairs
· Bhairoba Mandir
· Bhairoba Cave. This cave is well-sculpted and can accommodate 30 to 40 people
· Water cisterns
· Bastions of the fort well in condition
04:30 pm: CST
04:43 pm: Dadar
05:10 pm: Thane
06:20 pm: Karjat
Meeting Point: at Karjat railway Station, 6:30 pm
06:30 pm: Meet at Karjat Railway Station
06:45 pm: leave from Karjat for base village ambivali.
07:45 pm: Introduction & Start trek towards peth.
09:15 pm: Reach peth (base village), Dinner.
10:00 pm: Tent stay, fun games.
Trek schedule next day:
05:30 am: Wakeup Call & Refreshment.
06:00 am: Start ascending Kothaligad.
08:00 am: Explore kothaligad and start descending.
09:00 am: Breakfast at Peth.
10:00 am: Start descending and reach Karjat railway station.
INR 1000 /- per head + GST (5%)
· Tent Stay
· Breakfast & Tea
· Travelling from Karjat to Karjat
· First aid kit
· Expertise charges.
· Any other personal expenses other than above, GST.
Things to carry:-
· Bedsheet / chadar / Sleeping Bag
· At least 2 ltrs of drinking water.
· Torch with extra batteries.
· Photo ID card.
· Good trekking or sport shoes.
· Some ready to eat food (plum cakes, biscuits)
· Jackets (photo acche aate hey)
· Electral/Tang powder/Glucose-D/salt
· Cap, camera, mobiles phones, socks, extra pairs of cloths. (If required)
· Any personal medicine.
· Smoking and drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited.
· Trek leader's decision will be final and binding.
· Small Steps reserves all the right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without prior notice.
· Telephonic confirmation is mandatory; if unable to contact us then send a text message and we will call you back.
· Please do not carry or wear any valuables, ornaments, jewelry, etc. If carried, then we Do Not take any liability for the same.
· Please do not carry handbags or Jholas or Sling bags on treks.
√ Contact: -
Cancellation and Refund applicable on the tour cost:
· If cancellation done prior to 15 days of outing 75% will be refunded.
· If done prior to 10 days of outing 50% will be refunded.
· After that no refund will be provided.