3400/3567 Feet above MSL(Approx)
This is one of the most interesting forts to visit as it still has its fortification and doorways in pristine condition. The fort dates back to the Satvahan Era and was mainly used to keep a watch on the trade route passing through the Sahyadris.As one starts ascending the fort, 4 massive doors have to be crossed namely Ganesh Darwaza, Narayan Darwaza, Hanuman Darwaza, &MahaDarwaza. The top of the fort is expansive and has a huge lake built by Nana Phadnis.The most interesting feature of this fort is the ‘VinchuKatta’, which stretches for almost 2 kms and is slightly detached from the fort. The end of this katta has a bastion which was used for keeping a watch on the region.
As the name itself suggest, the ‘VinchuKatta’ when viewed from the top of the fort resembles a Scorpions Sting.
Nearby places one can visit:
· Bhaje caves
· Pawana Dam
· Lohgad fort trek
· Visapur fort trek
06:00 pm: Reach campsite by your own vehicle (Bike/Car). There are steep slopes before reaching base of Lohagad, so choose your vehicle accordingly.
06:15 pm: Welcome tea and snacks
07:00 pm: Settled down in your tents
07:30 pm: BBQ time (DIY)
09:00 pm: Dinner (Veg/Non-Veg) give your preference while booking
10:30 pm: Campfire, enjoy amazing night view of valley, have a nice sleep
07:00 am: Wakeup call
08:00 am: Morning tea & Breakfast
09:00 am: Trek to Lohagad (DIY)
11:30 am: Bye-bye with loads of memories and pictures
INR 1350 + 5% GST
Below 5 - No charges
● Dinner (Veg/Non-Veg) - Unlimited
● Breakfast & Tea
● Camping in dome Tents with bedding
● Expertise, first aid kit
● Safe & secure campground with washroom facility
● Any other personal expenses other than above & GST
Cancellation and Refund applicable on the tour cost:
● If cancellation done prior to 15 days of outing 75% will be refunded.
● If done prior to 10 days of outing 50% will be refunded
● After that no refund will be provided.
Things To Carry:
● Torch with extra batteries.
● Photo ID card.
● Good trekking or sport shoes.
● Some ready to eat food (plum cakes, biscuits)
● Jackets (photo accheaate hey)
● Electral/Tang powder/Glucose-D/salt
● Cap, camera, mobiles phones, socks, extra pairs of cloths. (If required)
● Any personal medicine
● In mountains & jungles, smoking attracts honeybees and one has to face dangerous "
● Drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited.
● Leader's decision will be final and binding.
● Small Steps Adventures reserves all the right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without prior notice.
● Telephonic confirmation for booking is mandatory; if unable to contact us then send a text message and we will call you back.
● Please do not carry handbags or Jholas or Sling bags on treks.
● Please do not carry or wear any valuables, ornaments, jewelry, etc. If carried, then we do not take any liability for the same." where survival of the person is difficult, hence smoking is strictly prohibited.