Bhandardara Fireflies Camping Festival
Pre-monsoon climate (May-June) is the ideal period for fireflies i.e glow-worms for mating and in pursuit of the mate, hundreds of fireflies gather together on a tree displaying their bio-luminescent lights in the dark nights. Bhandardara dense forest is just the perfect place for these twinkling creatures for this kind of ritual and this is the exact time when we can experience synchronous twinkling of hundreds of firefliesone of the most beautiful phenomena in the nature. Experience thousands of glowing insects at the same time which will be the moment to cherish for lifetime.
Camp Check in time: 4 PM (Day 1)
Day 01: Arrival at Bhandardara & camping
Arrive at Bhandardara by noon. You can reach Igatpuri or Kasara and then take local transport (state transport bus or shared Auto rickshaw/ Cab) to reach Bhandardara. Igatpuri is preferable as distance from Kasara to campsite is more than Igatpuri.
Move on to the camping site which will already be prepared so that you need not do anything.
Enjoy the sunset from the campsite or go to an elevated land. After sunset we will organize Bonfire for you.
Go for Bhandardara Fireflies trail.
Enjoy the bounty of tiny twinkling stars on the backdrop of deep dark sky while soaking the warmth of Bonfire.
Night stay at camp.
Day 02 : Activities of Bhandardara Camping
One can enjoy boating if it is not raining. As fireflies season is just before the monsoon. Apart from boating, one can enjoy archery and rifle shooting.
INR 1500 + 5% GST
Kids (5-10 Yrs) - INR 1100 + 5% GST
Inclusions for Bhandardara Camping:
● Evening tea & snacks
● Fireflies Night Walk
● Unlimited BBQ & Dinner (Veg/non veg) (Rustic local cuisine)
● Breakfast & Tea
● Boating in Bhandardara Dam, Archery & Rifle Shooting
● Bhandardara Camping Tents with (Foam mattress, Pillow, Blanket and small Lamp inside)
● Music System & campfire for group
● Travelling till Bhandardara Campsite
● 5% GST & Any other personal Expenses
Cancellation and Refund applicable on the Bhandardara Camping tour cost:
● If cancellation done prior to 15 days of outing 75% will be refunded.
● If done prior to 10 days of outing 50% will be refunded.
● After that no refund will be provided.
Things To Carry
Planning for Bhandardara Camping?
● Carry woolen clothes or jacket, muffler, shoes or warm cap for Bhandardara Camping night
● Those who are not used to cold nights carry personal extra blankets. ( we will be providing bed, cushion & 1 pull over as part of the package)
● Torch with extra batteries
● Please carry id proof eg. Pan card, driving license