SahyadriMavale's One Day Trek to Tandulwadi Fort on 24th Dec. 2017
Little Info About The Fort
Type: Hill Forts
Fort Range: Palghar
Height: 1900 ft
One can see the history of the fort in Thane Gazetteer: It states the following
Tandulwadi fort is situated 16km away from Kelve Mahim, at a height of 571meters (nearly 1900 feet) from MSL. Tandulwadi fort is situated at around 4.87 km on north east of Saphale station. In 1737, this fort was captured by Marathas. On the top of the fort, one can find many water cisterns dug in the rocks, water reservoirs and remains of ramparts. Vaitarna River flows to the east of this hill. At the banks of this river a small village called Lalthane is situated. There is a water pond in Lalthane believed to be built by the Portuguese.
In thirteenth century, King Bhimdev’s kingdom comprised the cities of Shurparak (Nalasopara) and Mahikawati (Mahim). In 1454, Sultan of Ahmedabad captured Mahikawati. One Bhadurshah conferred the responsibility of Tandulwadi to a Mallik Allauddin. Later the fort was in the hands of Portuguese and then the Peshwas.
The Itinerary For The Event Is As Given Below
Meeting Point: Saphale Railway Station at 7:30 AM.
Introduction, Breakfast in Saphale.
Start travel towards Tandulwadi By Public Transport.
Reach Base Village around 8:30 AM.
Start Trek & Reach on top of Tandulwadi Fort By 10:30 AM.
Explore the fort and the surrounding area.
Perfom Cleanliness Drive (Golves & Carry Bags Will Be Provided).
Discussion Round On Maratha's Historical Events.
Start Descending by 2:30 PM.
Reach Saphale Railway Station By 5:00 PM.
Things To Be Carried
1. Good Footwear (Mandatory).
2. Water (2 ltr Minimum Compulsory).
3. Identity Proof. (Mandatory)
4. Sunday Afternoon Lunch (Compulsory)
5. Cap / Gog / Camera (Optional).
6. Snacks to Eat and Energy Powder.
7. Slippers or floaters (just to relax your feet before & after the trek) (Optional)
8. Personal small medical kit. (Optional)
9. Extra Pair of Clothes
10. Insect repellent cream, sun protection cream (Optional).
11. Other things as per your choice.
12. Haversack to put all these things.
The charges for the trek will be Rs. 250 /- per head, which includes
Travelling Charges ( Saphale to Saphale Public Transport),
Morning Breakfast, Refreshments, Evening Snacks..
Expertise and Guide Charges.
(Which is Use for "Fort Conservation)
Important Points To Keep In Mind
1. The leader's decision will be final and binding on all members. No Arguments will be entertained.
2. Trekking, Rock Climbing, Rappelling or any adventure activity is potentially risky
3. Trek may be cancelled or postponed depending on the weather or any other unavoidable circumstances.
4. Consuming liquor or any kind of Alcoholic substance is prohibited. Carrying any kind of substance that’s illegal is not allowed. Smoking is strictly not allowed. Anybody found smoking or consuming alcoholic drinks will be expelled from the event without refund.
5. We carry safety Equipment's at any point of time, Safety is our First Priority.
For more Details & Registration contact:
Ganesh Pujari - 9619339743
Mahesh Tambe- 9619437114
Note: - Confirmation will be done through phone call only.
Message/WhatsApp if call is not answered we will call you back once we are free.