We (Swachhand Bhramanti) are planning to go for the “Shrawan Special Trek to Bhimashankar” via Shidi Ghat (Ladder Route) on dated 12th Aug 2018 to 13th Aug 2018
Duration: 12th Aug 2018 to 13th Aug 2018 (Journey Starts on Saturday Night i.e. 11th Aug 2018)
Meeting point: On Saturday 11th Aug 2018 at Bhandup Rly.Station 11.45 p.m. platform No.1 (All are requested to please take your TRAIN TICKET for Karjat station)
Mode of Transport: Local Transport
Little about the Trek:
Type: One of the 12 Jyotirlingas of India
Height: 3250 feet above sea level- approx.
Grade: Difficult but Easy
Base Village: Khandas, Nanadgaon
Places to See: Lord Shiva Temple: Bhimashankar Temple is located in the village of Bhorgiri 50 km North West of Khed, near Pune. There is a beautiful temple of Lord Shiva which is one of the 12 Jyotirlingas in India. It is a modest yet graceful temple and it dates back to mid-18th century. The shikhara of the temple was built by Nana Phadnavis. This temple is closely associated with the legend of Shiva slaying the demon Tripurasura associated with the invincible flying citadels Tripuras. Shiva is said to have taken abode in the Bhima form, upon the request of the Gods, on the crest of the Sahyadri hills, and the sweat that poured forth from his body after the battle is said to have formed the Bhimarathi River. Bhimashankar is also the source of the Bhima River, which flows south east and merges with the Krishna River near Raichur.
A big size bell in Hemadpanthi structure: Built by Nana Phadnavis is also a feature of Bhimashankar.
Other equally important places: Hanuman Lake, Gupt Bhimashankar, Sakshi Vinayak, Origin of River Bhima, Nagphani from where one can see the view of the Peth fort and Padar, Bombay Point, and lot more. Bhimashankar is conserved forest area and wildlife sanctuary where a variety of birds, animals, flowers, plants can be seen. A rare animal "Shekru" can be found in deep woods. Bhimashankar is worth visited for jungle lovers and trekkers as well as for pilgrims.
Routes to Bhimashankar: There are two routes to Bhimashankar from the base village Khandas, which are most popular among trekkers.
1) Ganesh Ghat: There is a bridge around 2 km from Khandas, and the track going to the right from the bridge is the Ganesh Ghat route. This is the easiest and the longest route to Bhimashankar. Within an hour of trekking along this route you will reach a Ganesh temple. The route ahead will take around 3 hours until you reach the plateau of Bhimashankar, there is a small pond dug out in the ground called 'Hanuman Tale'. This trek is five hours to six hours long.
2) Shidi Ghat (ladder Route): This one is a shorter route, but difficult especially in the monsoons.The route gets its name from the ladders placed on the steepest parts. The route going to the left of the bridge (mentioned in Ganesh Ghat) goes to the village. On moving ahead you will reach a well, take a left from there to Shidi Ghat. Within the first two hours of climbing you will pass three ladders. You will reach a junction where both the routes - Ganesh Ghat and Shidi – merge. There are many huts providing food and tea in middle of trek route. A further 1 ½ hour trek takes us besides a pond. The road, which goes to the left from this pond, takes us to the temple.
*** The itinerary for the trek is as given below: ***
Date 01 - 11th Aug 2018
11.45 pm: Meeting point at Bhandup Rly. Station
00.14 am: Board the Karjat Train from Bhandup Station
Day 02 – 12th Aug 2018
02.30 am: Reach to Karjat Station and take rest for few hours
05.30 am: Move towards Khandas via local transport
07.00 am: Morning Breakfast at Khandas
08.00 am: Move towards Bhimashankar via Shidi Ghat
12.15 pm: Finishing Shidi Ghat – Lunch Time – Please bring lunch from home
15.00 pm: At the top of Bhimashankar Sightseeing up to 07.00 pm, later relax in local villagers room, dinner and overnight stay
(EXPLORATION & LUNCH WILL BE AT THE TIME OF TREK)
Day 03 – 13th Aug 2018
06.00 am – 10.30 am: Darshan of Lord Shiva and Gupt Bhimashankar
11.30 am: Start return journey via Ganesh Ghat
05.30 pm: Reach Khandas (Base Village) & move towards Karjat station through arranged vehicle, we shall reach Mumbai by 10.00-10.30 pm on Monday dated 13th Aug 2018
(TEA, BREAKFAST, SNACKS & LUNCH WILL BE AT THE TIME OF TREK)
*** Things to be carried***
●Identity Card ●Some ready to eat food ●Water bottle 02 Liters ● Lunch for Sunday i.e. 12th Aug (compulsory), ● Bag for your garbage, ●Towel, Napkins, Extra 2 pairs of cloths and Sleeping Mats – (compulsory), ● Torch With Extra batteries – (compulsory) ● Medicine those, if u require usually ● Comfortable shoes, sandals, ● 2-3 bunch of papers ● A haver sacks to put in all the things to be carried… so that one has one hands free while walking, ● Windcheaters, Raincoats, ● camera – Optional
Note: Heavy rains are expected so please double pack your bags /valuables to save them to getting wet.
**** Cost for Trek: Rs. 1,250/- Per person
Cost Inclusions: * Mumbai to Mumbai Transportation via Public Transport,
* Tea, Breakfast, Snacks, Lunch, Dinner during the Trek
* Stay Arrangement * Expertise charges
Cost Exclusions: * Lunch for Sunday i.e. 12th Aug 2018 &
* Personal orders of food & cold drinks etc. and any other personal Expenses.
*** Registration Process***
Last Date of Registration: 09th Aug 2018
Advance for Registration: Rs. 500/-
· Registration will be on ‘FIRST COME FIRST SERVE BASIS’ only.
· Please confirm your seat on or before 09th Aug 2018 by paying your advance Payment of Rs.500/-
OR You can pay directly through bank transfers. Kindly get back to us for account details.
*** For More Details Contact our Team members at:
· Pravin Ghude 9920404522
· Rushikesh Sakhare 9967686828
Email: - firstname.lastname@example.org
General Rules / Instructions for the participants whoever joins the Trek:-
· Kindly carry Identity proof for the trek
· Anybody above 12 years can join the Trek. All children under 18 years old must also be accompanied by adult/Parents
· Please book your seat (name) well in advance and reconfirm the time and date on the day of departure on phone because program may change due to unavoidable circumstances.
· Bookings for all treks shall close three (3) days before the event date. Bookings shall strictly be on first come first serve basis.
· Each participant shall carry things as per (Please read Things to Carry) for every trek.
· Leader’s decision will be final and all the members should abide by it. Trek leaders have the authority to alter/modify the program/route without intimation.
· Participants are advised not to wander off from the trail. Always listen to leaders for instructions and stay with the entire group throughout.
· We all are committed to keep the trail clean and urges all participants to help the cause by not littering during the trek. Keep all the waste with you and even if you find some waste, collect it and deposit at the base village at the end of the trek. Do not destroy or dirty the archeological, historical monuments.
· We should strictly follow the code of conduct, to avoid troubling our fellow trekkers or other people from our group or outside.
· Any kind of addiction is strictly prohibited, ex. Smoking, drinking etc.
· Please do not carry or wear any valuables, ornaments, jewelry etc. If carried, then we do not take any liability for the same.
· Please read above Instructions/ rules and regulations. We all are bound by the same.
· Print and leave a copy of this mail specially Telephone Nos. at home, with a friend or relative in case of Emergency.
· People with heart conditions, knee problems, severe asthma or pregnant should not participate in TREKS. Participants should inform the leaders if they suffer from any illness, heart ailments, blood pressure, asthma etc. If the leaders are not informed and any untoward incident takes place, neither the leaders nor Swachhand Team will be held responsible.
· Rock Climbing, Rappelling, Trekking or any adventure activity is potentially risky. For all these events you are at your own risk. Organizers are not responsible for any mishaps/accidents during the program or any compensation in whatsoever manner.
· If your friends/relatives coming with you on the trek please do inform them about the trek Rules above. We all are going for an adventurous and interesting trekking expedition, please Do Not misinterpret it as a PICNIC or LEISURE TOUR, There will be ample of enjoyment but not at the cost of discipline.
Thanks and Regards,