SUMERU TREKKERS (The Adventure out there)
INVITES YOU FOR A ONE DAY RAINY TREK TO Kalavantin durg ON 03rd Sept 2017
Kalavantin Durg is situated on northeast side of Panvel, on Mumbai-Pune road. One Can see it from express highway a V-Shaped one. The Left one is Kalwantin Durg & right side is Prabalgad.
One reason for people taking interest in the Taj Mahal is romanticism associated with the monument but Kalavantin Durg is another fort in India that is supposed to have been built for a queen. It is 2,330 ft high but no one knows much about its history.
Kalavantin Durg is believed to have been built during the time of Buddha or in or around 500 BC for a queen named Kalavantin
The fort can be found near Mumbai in the Western Ghats which are also called Sahyadri Mountains. It is often visited by tourists (usually local and native) and is also visible from the Mumbai-Pune Express Highway and lies opposite to Prabalgad.
Type : Hill Fort
Time : 2 TO 3 Hours from base village
Height : 2330Ft.
Grade : MEDIUM
Region : Panvel
Base Village : Thakurwadi
Date : 03-09-2017 (Sunday)
Participants : 50 Only,(First come first serve)
Cost 600/- per head
1)Panvel to Panvel in Private bus
2)Morning Breakfast & Tea ,
4)First aid and Expertise charges.
Itenary for Trek:
MEETING POINT AT Panvel STATION
07:00 Gathering to Panvel station east near ticket counter
07:30 GETTING FRESH & Breakfast
09:00 Expected to reach Base village.
09:30 Introduction round
09:45 Start trek to fort
11:30 Reach on Top, explore fort, photography, etc
12:30 Descending fort
02:00 Reach Base Village & take lunch
03:00 START RETURN JOURNEY TO MUMBAI
We would be returning to Mumbai by 07:00 hrs approx depending on rains.
Things To Be carry:
Lunch for the day.
Identity proof (must)
A bottle of water (at least 2 Ltrs) Compulsory
Cap, Camera, Electral/Tang powder/Glucose-D/salt
Personal Care stuff, Medicine those if u require usually
A good trekking shoes,
Sumeru trekkers Rules :
1. Smoking and drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited.
2. Trek leader’s decision will be final and binding. ***Participation confirmation only via confirmed bank transfer. ***
3. Sumeru Trekkers reserves all the right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without prior notice.
4. Telephonic confirmation is mandatory, if unable to contact send us a text message.
5. Sleeveless, low neck, figure hugging shirts/tops, short pants, hot pants not allowed.
6. Payment made is nonrefundable and non-transferable.
7. Please do not carry handbags or Jolas or Sling bags. Morning breakfast for Sunday
For more details and Registration, Please contact on the nos. given below:
Vj vanker : 8691902227
Tushar Kedar : 9029587600
Onkar Joshi : 9773412472
Priyanka Shelar : 9156572238
Web site : www.sumerutrekkers.com
Facebook Page : https://web.facebook.com/sumeru.trekkers
Facebook Group : https://web.facebook.com/groups/sumerutrekkers/
Email id : email@example.com /firstname.lastname@example.org
1) Bank Name: State Bank Of India
Name: Tushar Kedar
Account No : 33064879796
IFSC Code: SBIN0007212
(Once the payment is done, please message your UTR number and your name on above contact numbers).
2) Cash payment - Please feel free to call on above numbers and we will arrange for collection of cash