In short known as AMK, one of the most sought challenging treks in Sahayadris which is a dream for trekkers to do it once in their life time. Experience a range trek of climbing 3 mountains in 2 days that gives you an adrenaline rush experience while climbing/ rappelling Madang as well as rappelling down Alang, walking on the edge line, steep stairs with gorge at one end. There are many caves on these peaks where trekkers can be accommodated for night stay along and potable water cisterns. In 2016, Ramblers got a chance to see shooting stars while star gazing from Madang fort.
Difficulty: Hard, Distance: 16.5 k.m. approx, Highest Elevation: 4900 feet.
Highlights of the event:
• Rappelling & climbing
• Night stay in caves
• Star gazing.
• Sunrise from the Madang.
DAY 1 -
• Reporting time at Kasara - 03:00 AM (Take 12:10 AM CST - Kasara local train)
• Reach Samrad (80 k.m. from kasara) in hired jeep - 06:00 PM
• Fresh up & Breakfast at Samrad - 06:00 a.m.
• Reach the Starting point of the trek near Ghatghar dam by private vehicle from Samrad - 07:30 a.m.
• Trek to Alang (approx 5 hours)
• Lunch Break - 1 hour.
• Post lunch descend to Alang base towards Ambewadi
• Ascend trek to Madang.
• Campfire near caves.
• Dinner break - 1 hour.
• Bed time in caves (bring sleeping bag or own bedding).
• Wake up call - 6am.
• Fresh up & breakfast - 1 hour.
• Photography session - 30 min.
• Descend trek to Madang base & Ascend towards Kulang - 4 hours.
• Explore Kulang
• Lunch Break - 1 hour
• Descend trek towards the base village - 4 hours.
• Leave to Kasara railway station by hired jeep.
INR 2200 per head, Inclusive of transport from Kasara - base village- Kasara byhired jeep, Breakfast, Lunch, dinner on DAY1 & breakfast, lunch on DAY2, technical expertise, organizer fee.
If we incur extra expenses it will be shared accordingly
How to Register:
Step -1: Go through the following online payment: http://go.eventshigh.com/amktrek
Step-2: After payment you will be requested to fill up the Mandatory disclaimer form online.
Step -3: Now your participation is confirmed & Organizer will create WhatsApp group on the day of the event for coordination, We will coordinate through SMS/ Call if participant is not available in WhatsApp.
What to Wear:
• Trekking shoes/ outdoor boots/ sandals with good grip.
• prefer wearing full sleeve clothes.
What to Bring:
Carry a single rucksack with the following things:
• Minimum 3 liters of water.
• Dry fruits, ready to eat food, chocolates, snacks.
• Bedding that includes Sleeping bag or blanket (mandatory).
• Cap/ Hat/mosquito repellent.
• torch with extra pair of battery
• toiletry kit.
• Spare set of clothes & flipflops/ floaters.
• Camera to capture beautiful moment (optional).
• Don't wear jewelry items and expensive accessories.
• Strictly no littering, carry extra bag for non biodegradable(plastic) wastage.
• Personal medicines if any.
• ID Proof is mandatory.
• optimistic mind and be a good team player :)
Instructions (Mandatory to read before RSVP to the event!!):
• participants should bring an ID Card for their own safety.
• Organizer have a right to move the participant to No or Waiting list.
• After online payment participant will need to fill up the mandatory disclaimer online form with accurate details else will be asked to refill by the event host.
• Technical handling at rappelling/ climbing is tested beforehand by trek leader/ guide to ensure safety before participants turn up.
• Please do not cause delay and cause inconvenience for others and impact the schedule if you are not able to reach the pickup point on the said time.
• Below 18 must take the consent of the parents to participate.
• Participants will be notified in prior when itinerary is modified/ event get cancelled due to any unforeseen circumstances.
• If there is an unexpected change in weather during the event, organizer have rights to withdraw/ retreat.
• Participants should pay for the expenses that's not mentioned in the expenses.
• Event schedule may delay or advance due to unforeseen conditions so timings haven't mentioned except in the event start and end time.
• Alcohol consumption/ smoking tobacco/ weed is strictly prohibited. Will be expelled from the event If found with consumption .
• Please do not litter any plastic (biscuit pack covers, candy wrappers etc.). We commit to keep our events clean.
• Washroom facility is inadequate during the course of the event.
• Participants should coordinate, disciplined and align together as a team during the event.
• Please do not expect luxury facilities and appreciate being cooperative with fellow ramblers.
• Though we assure safety as a top priority, Event Organizers are not responsible for any severe injuries or fatal events.
• We rely on third party payment gateways to make the registration process simple and feasible, It also includes the convenience fee along with the main event fee which will be shown at check out that should be borne by the participant.
• No group discount is applicable.
• If participant cancel their registration one day before the event or on the day of the event, a refund of 60% is paid.
• No refund will be provided if participant doesn't show up on the day of the event.
Ramblers FB page: https://www.facebook.com/ramblersindia/
Ramblers IG handle: https://www.instagram.com/ramblersindia/