Trek to Ratangad, 2000 years oldest fort well known for it's needle eye point can be seen from further distance. It's very near to Sandhan valley and the famous peaks like kalsubai, AMK, Baan Pinacle, Ajoba and bhandardara back waters etc can be seen from here. Refer few amazing reviews about this place posted in TripAdvisor
Difficulty: Moderate, Highest Elevation: 1295m.
Activity II: Visit to Kokan kada to see the beautiful Kokankada
Attractions of this event:
• paradise picturesque place surrounded by green pastures landscapes, mountains & mist covered roads.
• Delicious food prepared on firewood.
• Ratangad fort.
• Konkan kada at samrad.
• Reporting time at Kasara 01:20 AM (Take 10:50 P.M. CST - Kasara local train on Saturday Night.)
• Reach samrad village by hired jeep. - 5:30 a.m.
• Fresh up & Breakfast at base village- 30 minutes.
• Introduction & event briefing - 15 minutes
• Visit KokanKada which is 15 min walk from Samrad.
• Ascend trek to Ratangad from the Kokankada (3 hours approx)
• Explore Ratangad fort (30 minutes)
• Descend back to the base village (3 hours approx.)
• Lunch at base village - 1 hour
• Return journey from Samrad to Kasara railway station.
INR 900 per head, Inclusive of hired jeep journey from Kasara - Samrad - Kasara, Breakfast & Veg Lunch.
If we incur extra expense, it will be shared accordingly.
How to Register:
Step -1: Go through the following online payment link:http://go.eventshigh.com/pay2ramblers-ratnagad
Step-2: After payment you will be requested to fill up the Mandatory disclaimer form online.
Step -3: Now your participation is confirmed & Organizer will create WhatsApp group on the day of the event for coordination, We will coordinate through SMS/ Call if participant is not available in WhatsApp.
What to Wear:
• Trekking shoes/ Sports Sandals/outdoor boots/ sports shoes with good grip.
• Comfortable clothes (avoid tights, casuals, trousers).
What to Bring:
Carry a single rucksack with the following things:
• Minimum 3 liters of water.
• Fluids, fruits, dry fruits, ready to eat food, chocolates, snacks.(e.g. Electral powder, Glucon D, tepla etc.)
• Raincoat or Poncho
• Cap/ Hat
• toiletry kit
• Spare set of clothes & flipflops/ slippers
• Don't wear jewelry items or expensive accessories
• Strictly no littering, carry extra bag for non biodegradable (plastic) wastage
• Personal medicines if any
• ID Proof is mandatory
• optimistic mind and be a good team player
Instructions (Mandatory to read before RSVP to the event!!):
• Organizer have a right to move the participant to No or Waiting list.
• participants should bring an ID Card for their own safety.
• Please do not cause delay and cause inconvenience for others and impact the schedule if you are not able to reach the pickup point on the said time.
• Below 16 must take the consent of the parents to participate.
• Participants will be notified in prior when itinerary is modified/ event get cancelled due to any unforeseen circumstances.
• If there is an unexpected change in weather during the event, organizer have rights to withdraw/ retreat.
• Do not play loud music or tease animals during trek.
• Avoid deodorant or perfume.
• Participants should pay for the expenses that's not mentioned in the expenses.
• Event schedule may delay or advance due to unforeseen conditions so timings haven't mentioned except in the event start and end time.
• Alcohol consumption/ smoking tobacco/ weed is strictly prohibited. Will be expelled from the event If found with consumption .
• Please do not litter any plastic (biscuit pack covers, candy wrappers etc.). We commit to keep our events clean.
• Washroom facility is available at base village.
• Participants should coordinate, disciplined and align together as a team during the event.
• Please do not expect luxury facilities and appreciate being cooperative with fellow ramblers.
• Though we assure safety as a top priority, Event Organizers are not responsible for any severe injuries or fatal events.
• No group discount.
• We rely on third party payment gateways to make the registration process simple and feasible, It also includes the convenience fee along with the main event fee which will be shown at check out that should be borne by the participant.
• A refund of 40% is paid if participant cancel their registration one day before the event or on the day of the event.
• No refund for no show.
Ramblers FB page: https://www.facebook.com/ramblersindia/
Ramblers IG handle: https://www.instagram.com/ramblersindia/