Sandhan Valley is one of the unique beautiful treks in our country that has a 1.5 km long stretch of crevice, the gorge reaches to a depth of more than 200 feet.
The trail is descend trek from the starting point through rocks, pass through more than 3 feet of chilling water and three rappelling patches of varying heights to reach the base.
Do not miss this adrenaline trek if you are true thrill seeker. The starting point village samrad has got a landscape picturesque surrounded by the well known peaks in Maharasthra.
We will be flying kites on DAY 1 along with camping in tents near konkankada and sandan valley trek on DAY 2.
Grade : Moderate.
Highlights of the event:
• Fying kites near Kokankada.
• Camping in tents with campfire.
• Delicious home made food on firewood.
• Rappelling in Sandhan valley.
• Reporting time at Kasara 12:45 PM (Take 10:20 AM CST - Kasara Fast local train)
• Reach Samrad (80 k.m. from kasara) in private vehicle - 2:30 PM
• Event Briefing of DAY 1 & introduction - 15 min
• Lunch at Samrad - 02:45PM
• Fly kites near Kokankada till daylight exist (Guidance provided on how to fly kites for newbies)
• Hangout at the campfire with stories, experiences and few fun games.
• Dinner at Samrad village house - 1 hour
• Bed time in tents - 10:30 PM
• Wake up call - 06:00 AM.
• Fresh up and breakfast -06:30 AM.
• Event Briefing.
• Trek in Sandhan valley.
• Have lunch at the base - 13:00
• Hike to dehene village.
• Evening snacks at Dehene.
• Reach Asangoan railway station by private jeep and bid adieu. (between 18:00 - 20:00)
INR 1600 per head, Inclusive of transport from Kasara- samrad, Dehene - Asangoan by private jeep, Lunch, Kites, dinner, tent stay on DAY1 & breakfast, lunch, evening snacks, rappelling expertise, miscellaneous charges on DAY2.
If we incur extra expenses it will be shared accordingly
Online Payment link: imojo.in/valley
If using Paytm, Paytonic, Chillr, Mobikwik or other wallets: send Money to 8080911557, Mention kites festival in the Optional details.
What to Wear:
• Trekking shoes/ outdoor boots/ sandals with good grip.
• shirt/tee and prefer wearing shorts as we need to pass through water (avoid wearing Jeans/ Trousers)
What to Bring:
Carry a single rucksack with the following things:
• Minimum 2 liters of water.
• Fluids, fruits, dry fruits, ready to eat food, chocolates, snacks.(e.g. Electral powder, Glucon D, tepla etc.)
• Bedding that includes Sleeping bag or blanket (mandatory).
• Wind cheater/ Sweater.
• Cap/ Hat
• toiletry kit, tissue roll.
• Spare set of clothes & flipflops/ slippers.
• Camera to capture beautiful sceneries, Sun screen lotion(optional)
• Don't wear jewelry items and expensive accessories.
• Strictly no littering, carry extra bag for non biodegradable(plastic) wastage.
• Personal medicines if any.
• ID Proof is mandatory.
• optimistic mind and be a good team player :)
Instructions (Mandatory to read before RSVP to the event!!):
• participants should bring an ID Card for their own safety.
• Organizer have a right to move the participant to No or Waiting list.
• Organizer will guide the participants on how to fly kites and tie the kite with threads.
• Rappelling is conducted after thoroughly checked equipment where the organizer/ guide will be abseiling first before participants turn to ensure safety.
• Please do not cause delay and cause inconvenience for others and impact the schedule if you are not able to reach the pickup point on the said time.
• Below 18 must take the consent of the parents to participate.
• Participants will be notified in prior when itinerary is modified/ event get cancelled due to any unforeseen circumstances.
• If there is an unexpected change in weather during the event, organizer have rights to withdraw/ retreat.
• Participants should pay for the expenses that's not mentioned in the expenses.
• Event schedule may delay or advance due to unforeseen conditions so timings haven't mentioned except in the event start and end time.
• Alcohol consumption/ smoking tobacco/ weed is strictly prohibited. Will be expelled from the event If found with consumption .
• Please do not litter any plastic (biscuit pack covers, candy wrappers etc.). We commit to keep our events clean.
• Separate tented accommodation for females.
• Tents may be shareable of 2/3/4/6 persons.
• Washroom facility is available for ladies at samrad & Dehene village during the course of the event.
• Participants should coordinate, disciplined and align together as a team during the event.
• Please do not expect luxury facilities and appreciate being cooperative with fellow ramblers.
• Though we assure safety as a top priority, Event Organizers are not responsible for any severe injuries or fatal events.
• If participant cancel their registration one day before the event or on the day of the event, a refund of 60% is paid.
• No refund will be provided if participant doesn't show up on the day of the event.
Ramblers FB page: https://www.facebook.com/ramblersindia/
Ramblers IG handle: https://www.instagram.com/ramblersindia/