Pearl Trek and Tours : Sandhan Valley Full Descent with Rapelling 12th -13th January 2018 (Batch 7th )
Brief detail :
Height : 4100 ft
Grade: Hard and Medium Includes Rappelling and 3 Rock Patches.
Required for participation: regular trekking and walking ability.
Age group: 15 to 55 years.
Sandhan Valley is a beautiful valley situated in the Western Ghats near Ratangad. Also known as the Valley Of Shadows (as the sun rays do not reach the insides of the major portion of the valley) , this naturally carved valley is 200 feet deep and approximately 2kms long. Located near beautiful Bhandardara region, it is also surrounded by Alang, Madan, Kulang, Kalsubai, Ratangad and Ajoba forts.
Sandhan valley is a full descend trek, but the descend is not an easy walk. Completing the trek is more like a solving a boulder puzzle. Throughout the length of the valley we come across boulders ranging in sizes that we need to tackle as we proceed ahead. This trek cannot be done without technical assistance of certified professionals as there are 3 patches where you have to rappel down. A 45ft rappelling patch and 2 more patches where assistance is required only add to the thrill of the exploration.
Sandhan is not recommended for people who are not physically fit/active. We highly recommend to check the photos and video link provided below before registering for the trek.
The itinerary for the trek will be as follows:
11th January 2018 Friday Night
Catch 10:50 pm Kasara Local (From C.S.T.)
C.S.T. – 10:50 pm
Byculla - 10:57 pm
Dadar - 11:04 pm
Kurla - 11:12 pm
Ghatkopar - 11:17 pm
Mulund - 11:27 pm
Thane - 11:31 pm
Dombivil - 11:54 pm
Kalyan - 00:03 am
Kasara - 01:18 am
12th January 2018 Saturday
Meeting Point : Kasara Stn : 01:20 am
01:30 am : Proceed to Base Villages Samrad
04:30 am : Reach base village Samrad & take rest till morning
06:00 am : Wake up call & Have breakfast with Introduction round & brief instruction
07:00 am : Start full descend trek towards Sandhan Valley with rappelling when they need
01:00 pm : Lunch on the Way
06:00 pm : Reach at the Base, Tent setup, campfire, dinner,musics, sleeep etc.
13th January 2018 Sunday:
06:00 am : Wake Up Call & Breakfast at the base
07:00 am : Start trekking towards Dehene.
12:00 pm : Reach Dehne & Have Lunch
01:00 pm : Proceed to Asangaon by local transport bus or jeep
02:00 pm : Reach Asangaon Stn & Proced to towards Mumbai
We have to go through abt 3- feet deep water for about 5-6 meters on the way … its real fun-thrill. Pls do carry extra clothes for da same …
Cost: 2100 Rs.Including :
Transportation:(( from Kasara to Samrad & Dehne to Asangaon),
2 lunch (Saturday &Sunday),
Your confirmation is considered only after receiving the registration amount.
For Booking please transfer RS 1000 into following account :
Deposit full Amount in following A/C……
Bank of Maharashtra
Name – Pearl Trek and Tours
C/R - Current Account no : 60228484441
IFSC Code - MAHB0001825
Branch - Naigaon (East) 01825
Once Payment is done kindly sms Transaction Number with your name & phone no.
You seat will be confirmed only after receiving the advance.
List of Items to carry
1. Return Train ticket to Kasara
2 . Ready to eat some food
3.Snugly fitting canvas shoes / Sports shoes, Sewing kit, spare shoes laces
4. Rucksack / Shoulder bag which can hold following items
5. Water Bottle (3lts minimum) compulsory, Sun Cap, Spare Cotton Track pant & T- shirt.
6. Personal medical kit (personal medicines if any, prescribed by family doctor).
7. Personal bedding, sleeping Bag / 2 bed sheets & carry mat, safety pins.
8. Torch with spare set of batteries, Light weight towel. plate, tumbler, tea mug/ cup, spoon.
Rules and Regulations:
1. Smoking and drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited.
2. Sleeveless, low neck, figure hugging shirts/skirts/tops, short pants, hot pants not allowed.
3. Please avoid wearing gold and other jewellery (at own risk). Please do not carry handbags or Jolas or Sling bags on treks.
Kindly carry 1 Identity proof at least for the trek.
Cancellation and Refund:
1. If cancellation done prior to 15 days of outing 75% will be refunded.
2. If done prior to 10 days of outing 50% will be refunded
3. After that no refund will be provided.
For Registrations Mail us at : firstname.lastname@example.org
or call on :
MICHAEL D’SOUZA : 9833435293 / 9637847273