PARVAT BUDDIES: Beach Cycling on 25th Feb 2018 (Sunday).
Hello there! Are you looking to take a breather from the monotonous city life? Worry not! We have a perfect solution to make your weekend a bit exciting. Let us take you away from the buzz of the city as we cycle through some quaint villages situated by the shoreline!
What to experience?
• revisit childhood as you experience the simple joy of riding a bicycle
• enjoy the rustic feels as you pass through narrow roads surrounded by trees
• enjoy a good cardio session on a pleasant winter evening
• the joy of befriending like-minded souls
• enjoy playful moments on the beach with your new buddies while you listen to the relaxing sound of the waves
• experience a serene sunset as you end the ride with lifetime memories
• enjoy yummy evening snacks after the ride
Why PARVAT BUDDIES?
Extensive painstaking preparations have been carried out by our team in planning and organizing this ride for you. Our Ride Leaders, being experienced cyclists themselves, are well versed with the terrain and have put in meticulous efforts in charting out the route. Our USP is that we prefer to ride as a small sized group so that our participants can have a better bonding and interaction. This makes our events much more enjoyable and memorable. We maintain a reasonable Leader to Participant ratio which is about 1:6 on an average for our cycling events. On an average around 40% of our participants in the past have been females, which prove that we are a gender friendly adventure group.
You can rest assured that our ride leaders will be giving you a proper briefing about the Do’s and Don’ts before the ride. We will have a buffer time so that each one of you gets acquainted with your respective cycles before we actually start our ride. We will be carrying a basic medical kit and will take good care of all participants during the ride.
Some Info about the Beach Ride:
This will be a slow paced leisure ride.
Approximate Distance: 25 kms.
Approximate Duration: 5-6 hours.
Assembly: At Virar Railway Station @ 1300hrs sharp on Sunday, 25th Feb 2018
(Exact spot will be communicated through Whatsapp to registered participants)
Some General Rules:
Cycling is definitely a very joyful activity provided we all follow some discipline. Participants are expected to adhere to the instructions given by the Ride Leaders from time to time. One must follow these basic rules strictly so that the outing can be enjoyed in a safe way:
1] Cycling is an eco-friendly activity. As responsible citizens, it will be our duty to keep our surroundings clean and free of garbage. One is expected to dump all empty bottles/wrappers/cups/chewing gums/etc in his/her own bag until we find a waste bin. Cycling is a healthy habit. Smoking is strictly prohibited. Consumption of alcohol and drugs is also banned.
2] We ride together as a team. No deviations or back-outs during the ride. Ride in a single line. No overtaking. This is not a race hence be patient and make sure you enjoy the journey as you pedal.
No Headphones while riding. No Phones/Selfies while riding. Ride Safe, Be alert and follow traffic rules. Decision of the ride-leader will be final and binding on all riders.
3] Defacing/damaging public property, historical monuments/temples and indulging in Graffiti is strongly discouraged. Observe silence and maintain decorum especially while visiting sensitive places. Respect the culture, customs and beliefs of the locality where you ride. While on the trail, care should be taken so as not to harm the natural surroundings including trees, plants and animals in any manner whatsoever. Even they feel the pain just as we humans do. Value Life!
Things you should carry (COMPULSORY):
1] Original Identity Proof.
2] Small Backpack to store all belongings.
3] Sports shoes & socks.
4] Water (at least 2 litres).
5] Light Snacks like biscuits or chips or chocolates or Mava cake or bananas or any other fruit as per your liking to munch on during the ride.
6] Small plastic bag to dump wrappers, bottles etc.
7] Wear Bright coloured clothing (like Yellow, Green, Orange, Red, fluorescent etc).
8] Clothing which allows you to stretch easily should be fine – but it should not be too loose to get entangled in the cycle. 3/4ths and shorts are fine but full length clothing is preferred (as it will minimize the impact of bruises to some extent in case of a fall).
9] Torch, whistle, pen knife.
• Buff or a Scarf (to use as a mask to cover face from pollution/stench/dust etc.)
• Cycling shorts (with padding) are recommended, but not compulsory.
• Napkin or Sweatband to wick off sweat from the forehead while riding.
• Personal Medicines.
• Half-Gloves, only if you have.
Terms & Conditions:
1. This ride is open only for persons who are above 15 years of age. Original Identity Proof needs to be submitted at the start of the event which will be returned after the event is over.
2. It is expected that the participant knows how to ride a cycle. It is expected that the participant is in good physical and mental shape for him/her to complete the ride. In case of a mid-way back out by the participant, he/she will have to bear the expense of transferring the cycle to the end point.
3. We reserve the right to change the route/duration of the ride. This may take place before or during the ride. Any changes will be communicated to the registered participant at the earliest possible. No refund will be granted in such a case. No arguments will be entertained.
4. We reserve the right to postpone/cancel the event due to unforeseen circumstances or if the group size is not met. Appropriate refund (after deducting costs attributable to third parties) will be granted in such a case.
5. It will be the responsibility of every person to take due care of the bicycle provided to him/her. Any damage/theft/loss to the cycle/equipment will be recoverable entirely from the respective participant.
6. While we do our best to ensure that the participants get good quality cycles which are well-serviced and in proper running condition, breakdowns may happen due to several factors which are beyond our control. We always try our best to sort out any such issues arising during the ride, but in case of an irreparable breakdown of a cycle, the participant will have to transfer the cycle to the end point. Appropriate refund (after deducting costs attributable to third parties) will be granted in such a case.
7. An outdoor activity like cycling has some inherent risks attached to it. Every person will be solely responsible for his/her own safety and belongings. While we do our best to ensure a safe ride for all participants, we shall not be held responsible for any injury/accident/death to any participant during the event.
8. All payments, including refundable deposits, if any, should be made by the participant in advance via NEFT/IMPS/UPI. No cash will be accepted. Refunds, if any shall be processed within 10 working days of the completion of the event.
No. Of Slots: Minimum 5 and Maximum 15 cycles only (First cum First Serve Basis).
(Ride is subject to minimum participation)
Last Date for registrations & payment: 4pm, 21st Feb 2018 (Wednesday).
Cost (non-refundable): Rs. 900/- per head
Basic First Aid
Refreshments during the ride (e.g. Juice or Energy Bar)
Evening Snacks after the ride
Expertise, Guidance & Support.
Exclusions: any personal expenses, Cost to transfer cycle to end point in case of midway back out by participant, packaged drinking water, any emergency expenses, any other costs not mentioned under inclusions.
Registrations strictly by phone call only!
Your slot will be confirmed only when we receive complete participant details along with the confirmation (transaction id/screenshot) of the online payment. Please call on the below-mentioned number to know the Bank Details for Funds Transfer.
It is important to be in good health and to have a basic level of physical fitness to ensure a happy time during the ride. Consult your doctor before joining the ride if you’re suffering from any ailment/injury.
Avoid Jeans/Belts/Sling bags as it is important to ride freely. Sleeveless tops are strictly NOT allowed.
Avoid bringing costly gadgets/devices and valuables like jewellery etc. Carry only sufficient cash.
Try to keep the weight of your bag as less as possible.
Wrap your belongings in plastic to protect them from dust and/or rains.
Lastly, leave a brief note about your cycling plan at home.
We hope you don’t miss this amazing opportunity. So come, let’s enjoy cycling together. Be there to experience it yourself!
For any queries, feel free to Contact us:
Parin H Shah (9869173138)
Our Past Events:
Like Our Facebook Page:
Follow us on Social Networks: