The Amazing Kokankada !! Safety remains our first priority as always
Endurance Level: Medium
Place: KONKAN KADA at Harishchandragad
Rappelling Height: 1800ft (4 stages)
Age limit: 16 years and above. (Prior experience in rappelling required)
DATE: January 25 to 29
Duration: 7 AM to 6 PM EVENT: 1800ft
Group Size: 30 participants per Batch.
Detail of the Rappelling:
To rappel the Konkankada at least once in a life time is a dream of almost every adventure freak in Sahyadris. It is the most thrilling and spellbound activity offered in the Sahyadris range. Rappelling will be conducted in 4 stages to complete 1800ft.
Batch 1: 25 January 2018
Batch 2: 26 January 2018
Batch 3: 27 January 2018
Batch 4: 28 January 2018
Batch 5: 29 January 2018
P.E.A.K. Troops brings for you this season an extreme adventure in January 2018. Republic Day Kokankada Rappelling on 25 to 29 January, 2018 with us. This is about some serious adventure, and here is the amazing platter set for you... Get set for the most thrilling 1800 ft rappelling of your life !!!
Harishchandragad is a hill fort in the Ahmednagar region of India. Its history is linked with that of Malshej Ghat, and it has played a major role in guarding the surrounding region. The height of the fort is 4671 ft MSL.
The most interesting point on this fort is this cliff, which has always fascinated many people from many years. The cliff faces west and looks down upon the Konkan. From here, one can have a breathtaking view of the surrounding region and the setting sun. This cliff is not just vertical, but it is an overhang, almost like a cobra's hood.
The Konkankada, a unique formation in the Sahyadris, is really tough and a challenge for the trekkers. This is a semicircular cliff of about 2,000 ft straight drop + 1000 ft slant fall in the Konkan plains. The surrounding grandeur and beauty of the plains and the mountains leaves us totally spellbound. It is one of the highest direct fall cliffs to be found in Maharashtra and Western Ghats.
This is a combination of thrill and bliss that every true adventurer would say ‘YES!!!’ to… Rappelling, also known as abseiling is an act of descending a mountain face by sliding down a rope, which is attached to a body harness and fastened to an overhead projection, with sufficient friction provided as to make the speed of the descend controllable.
The itinerary for the event is as given below:
• Catch a train to Kasara from CST at 10:50 pm,
• Reach Kasara at 1:30 am Move to Base village paachnai, by private transport.
• Night trek to harishchandra gad, camping in tents a top,
• Breakfast, Morning 6 am, participants will start rappelling.
• After finishing rappelling, reach Belpada,
• Lunch will be served at 1:30 pm and those who reach by night, will be served dinner also.
• Rest for the night.
The cost of the event is Rs.4,250/- per person
Rappelling Equipment's & Expertise
Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner of rappelling day breakfast before descending to base village
Event Fees INR 4,250/- Per participate
To confirm one has to transfer/deposit non-refundable Advance amount of Rs. 1,000/- in below mention bank a/c
A/c Name: Raj Singh
Bank Name: AXIS BANK
Account ID: 912010022801101
IFSC code: UTIB0001703, AXIS BANK, YOGI NAGAR, BRANCH
OR PAYTM@9029148241 (Raj Singh)
1) While online transfer, please provide your name in notes section.
2) Once payment is done, please send an email to email@example.com with transaction id, Name. Or share screen shot on what’s up (9029148241)
3) Registrations will be accepted STRICTLY on FIRST COME FIRST SERVE BASIS and by direct contact only.
Things to carry: Mandatory
• Proper and comfortable rucksack,
• 2 liters of water, comfortable shoes, torch with extra pair of cells, light bedding, extra clothing,
• Glucon 'C' or 'D', 'Enerzal' powder, personal medical kit, extra Optional - Cap, goggle, spoon, slippers, knife,
snacks, fruits, towel etc. Do not carry: Slippers High Heels
• Anything mentioned than above
• Travelling till Kasara
• Mineral water or soft drinks
• Insurance Coverage
• Medical Expanses other than 'First aid'
please notes that this is an environment friendly outing. Do not litter any wrappers (please take it back to your home for disposal) or spoil the place in any way.
Alcohol, drugs or narcotics, firearms and gambling on the Trek, smoking, entry to the area set aside for use by the opposite sex, offensive behavior which may lead to expulsion from the Trek
organizer have reserves the right to withdraw and or make any alterations that they may deem advisable for the convenience and the best interests of tour.
Extensive and painstaking preparations have gone into planning of this tour for your safety. While every care has been taken to ensure safety, organizers cannot be held responsible for any accident, illness and such other unforeseen eventualities.
It is most essential to be fit and fine before heading for tour. While planning your trip, it is preferable to have a medical fitness check up done. If suffering from any kind of allergy or ailment, do carry proper prescribed medicines to prevent serious health problem including heatstroke, sever headache, cough, dehydration and hypothermia. Participants suffering from chronic conditions like asthma, bronchitis, blood pressure, migraine, diabetes etc. should seek their physician’s advice before coming.
1) If any natural calamity happens or any accident, death, illness occurred, organizers’ are not responsible for any loss of thing or of human being.
2) Avoid bringing valuable things like gold or any jewelry or High value mobile phones Etc.
3) Trek/camp leader's decision will be final and binding.
Also join us @ Face book Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/peaktroops/
Please share this event with your friends also who might be interested in our events
(If call not answered then drop a message or Whatsapp text)
For Registrations & further inquiries feel free to contact
Thanks & Regard’s
P.E.A.K. Troops Trekkers & Travellers