We at Owlet Outdoors invite you for the Trek to Rajgad Fort for the exploration and study of historical events happened there. Join us as we head to Rajgad on 28th and 29th October 2017.
Note: Mr. Sadanand Apte will be the special guest to explain history about Rajgad.
Brief Info :
Height: 4182 ft
Time: Approximate 2 to 2.5 hrs from base villages Gunjavane / Pal
About the place -
Rajgad – The King of all the forts to the 40 Kms south-west of Pune, where Chatrapati Shri Shivaji Maharaj had stayed for 25 years.
The fort can be divided into four different parts based on geographical terrain and fortification. These are the three sub-plateaus (Machee) namely Padmavati Machi, Suvela Machi and Sanjivani Machi, and at the center is the Balekilla. All these plateaus (Machee) are separated from each other by a fortification wall. There are various ways to reach the fort i.e. via Chordarwaja, Gunjavane Darwaja, Alu Darwaja, Pal Darwaja.
Padmavati Machi - Places to see on this plateau are Padmavati Temple, Padmavati Lake, Chor Darwaja, Pal Darwaja, Gunjavane Darwaja, Ammunition Storage Room, Diwankhana, Rajwada (ruins), Ghod Tale (Horse Lake), Sadar (office) and Dhalkathi (flag hoisting place).
Sanjivani Machi - A huge, beautiful and royally constructed machi has a three layered fortified structure. Each of the lower levels is separated from the higher one by a fortified bastion with a gate that could be defended independently. The lowest level is beautifully fortified by double curtain walls (chilkhathi) separated by a deep trench, on average 12 feet across. One can walk between these walls. The outer wall has openings to let soldiers out for sudden attack.
Suvela Machi - Another grand machi to east has many secret routes and doorways. Places to see on this plateau are double-stepped fortified structure, Nedhe, a triangular bastion called Kaleswari buruz having an escape door near it, remains of settlements of the renowned military leaders like Tanaji Malusare etc.
Bale Killa - The highest part of the fort has remains of palaces, water cisterns and a cave. It has a beautiful entrance door called Mahadarwaja. One can see the entire fort and the vast surrounding expanse.
Meet at Sanjay Gandhi National Park- Main Gate, Borivali at 10:30 pm sharp on Friday 27th October 2017.
We will be travelling by private bus to the base of Rajgad. Participants can board the bus at Borivali, Goregaon, Kalanagar, Sion, Chembur, Vashi, Kharghar & Panvel.
Saturday, 28th October 2017 -
- Reach base village Gunjavane by 6:00am
- Freshen up and Breakfast in the base village
- Start the Trek by 7:00am post Introduction Session
- Reach on Padmavati Machi via Chor Darwaja by 9:00am
- Put the luggage in Padmavati Temple and rest (~0.5Hrs)
- Information session about the places and History of the fort (0.5Hrs)
- Explore Padmavati Machi, Chor Darwaja and Gunjavane Darwaja(~2.0Hrs)
- Prepare Lunch in the temple premises (~1.5Hrs)
- Explore Suvela Machi, Kaleshwari Buruj (~2.0Hrs)
- Return back to Padmavati Temple for Dinner and stay for the night
Sunday 29th October 2017 -
- Wake up early by 6:30am and freshen up
- Explore Balekilla (~1.5Hrs)
- Have Breakfast in Padmavati Temple by 8:30 am
- Explore Sanjivani Machi and Alu Darwaja (~2.5Hrs)
- Have Lunch in Padmavati Temple
- Pack up and start descend post Lunch by 2:00 pm
- Reach base village – Gunjavane
- Start return Journey by 4:00pm and Reach Mumbai by 10:00pm
The cost of the event would be Rs. 2200/- only.
This cost includes –
Travel from Mumbai to Mumbai by Private Non AC Vehicle
Simple local flavor Veg meals (2 Breakfasts, 2 Lunch, 1 Dinner and 4 Tea)
All expertise and Guide Charges
To register for the event, contact -
9987577684 / 9819986540 / 9987007742
Note: One has to handover ot transfer Rs 1200/- towards the registration which is required to book the transport. Whithout which registration will not be confirmed. The same amount will be non refundable.
Here is a list of things to carry by every individual –
- Haversack to put in everything to be carried for the trek
- Bedding material / Sleeping mat / Sleeping Bag
- Torch with extra set of batteries (Compulsory)
- At last 2 Liters of water (Compulsory)
- Extra pair of clothes, towel, napkin
- Plate, Mug, Spoon
- Snacks to munch on
- Personal Medicines required if any
- Camera and something to munch on (optional)
- Identity proof
Our website - www.owletoutdoors.in
- Team owlet Outdoors