Event Grade: Medium
Endurance Level: Medium
Height of Valley: 4255 ft approx
Depth of Valley: 200 ft approx
Duration: 2 Days 1 Night
About Sandhan Valley:
Sandhan valley is known Wonder of nature & splendid of Sahyadri (Western Ghats). Water carved valley of 200 ft deep and about 1.5 long. Sandhan valley is located on the west side of beautiful bhandardara region, near Samrad village. Valley surrounded with mighty Alang, Madan & Kulang (Known as AMK- toughest trek in Sahyadri) Ratangad, Ajoba & Kalsubai (5400 ft. highest peak in Maharashtra) mountain ranges.
Brilliant & deep narrow rock floored ravine between the two high walls of mountain range. At some places its width is less than 3 ft so that at some places sun rays unable to reach. So it’s called valley of shadow. To go at end side of gorge you have cross 2-3 water pools, water level changes according to seasons, in winter it is up to waist & in summer it is up to knee height. At the end of valley you get magnificent view of high cliffs & deep valleys.
● Mesmerising view of the huge shadow valley while trekking
● Trek in the shadow of the valley
● This trek does not an ascend, keep descending throughout the trek
● Rappelling down a rock patch
● Camping at the end of the first day
● A small pond to spend some time by the side
We’ll be boarding the below train from nearest local station. Train timings are shared below for convenience:
Kasara Semi Fast
10:50 pm CST
10:57 pm Byculla
11:05 pm Dadar
11:13 pm Kurla
11:18 pm Ghatkopar
11:30 pm Mulund
11:34 pm Thane
11:57 pm Dombivli
12:07 am Kalyan
01:18 am Kasara
Meeting Point : Kasara Railway Station at 01:18 am
Day 1 - Saturday
01:30 am Meet-up, freshen up, move towards the base village in taxi
03:30 am Reach Base village, and take some rest
04:30 am Wake up call, freshen up, gear up for the trek
05:30 am Breakfast/tea to start our day
06:30 am Introduction round, brief on rules and regulations to be followed by everyone on the event. Enjoy trekking; at a 4ft deep water patch approx. 30m length, descending on the rock patches, rappelling 50ft. down on a rock patch, etc. All this only adds to the thrill of the whole exploration.
05:00 pm Reach campsite. Refresh, relax and enjoy the sun-set.
08.00 pm Settle down for dinner followed by campfire
10:00 pm Stories, sharing experiences, fun filled chit-chats and lots more. Take rest for the day relaxing under the sky; watching stars.
Day 2 - Sunday
05:00 am Wake up, get fresh and have breakfast at campsite
07:00 am Start trekking towards 0Dehene in a cool pleasant morning to beat the heat.
09:30 am Reach Dehne take some rest.
10:30 am Move towards Asangaon in a private / public transport.
11:30 am Catch Mumbai local from Asangaon railway station.
01:30 pm Reach Mumbai and bid adieu with a promise to meet soon.
Event Fee: Rs.1600/- per person. Payment once done is non-refundable, do check for availability before making a payment.
Deposit the Amount into the Following Account:
Name: Mumbai Pune Adventures
Bank: Central Bank of India
Account: Current Account
A/c No. : 3601915663
IFSC Code: CBIN0284592
The cost per head includes the following.
● Travel from Kasara to base village And Campsite Base village to Asangaon.
● Day1 - breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
● Day2 - breakfast
● Camping in Tent
● Local guidance
● First aid and first responder assistance in case required
● MPA administration charges if any
● Do read our terms and conditions before registration.
● All kinds of extra meals / soft drinks ordered.
● Insurance, tips, porters, bottled mineral water, aerated drinks etc.
● Any kind of personal expenses.
● Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
● All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like road blocks, bad weather.
Things to carry:
● Some ready to eat food like- plum cakes, fruits, chocolates, biscuits, etc
● 2 Litres of water must
● Good trekking shoes
● Power bank optional
● Extra pair of clothes, socks optional
● Cap, Camera as Optional
● 1 packet of electrol, enerzal, glucon-D
● Medications if required for individual
● Avoid wearing precious ornaments on an event, if possible
● And a haversack or backpack to put all the above things to be carried, so hands are free to help each other while trekking. Sling bags / jholas / trolley bags etc not allowed on the event. Please pack accordingly.
For Registrations and Queries
Write to us at:
Keep visiting us at:
Follow us at:
Terms and conditions: