Event Grade: Medium
Endurance Level: Medium
Height of fort: 2100ft approx.
Location: Matheran, Karjat
Total time required for climbing: 3 hours of normal climb
Duration: 1 Night
About Peb Vikatgad:
The fort derives its name from the Goddess ‘Pebi’; Peb is also called ‘Vikatgad’ for its supposed shape of the Elephant Headed God, ‘Ganesh’. The trek to the top involves surmounting a small rock patch and a ladder. The fort is famous for its caves which are maintained by disciples of Swami Samartha and the meditation chambers carved out from the rock inside the mountain. To get inside the meditation chamber, one has to crawl through a narrow passage in the rock and then climb down into the meditation chamber. The chamber is very well maintained with tiles on the floor for people to sit and meditate.
The fort also has a temple dedicated to Swami Samartha on the top and has the footwear or ‘Padukas’ worn by the great saint kept on the top. The view of the entire Neral and Karjat region from the top is worth the climb. Another attraction of the trek is the only standing Bastion or Buruj facing the Panorama point of Matheran, the view from here is just too beautiful to describe.
● Adventurous night trek
● Thrilling trails into the woods
● Panoramic view of the Matheran and Karjat hills on either sides
● Ladder enroute, which makes the hike easier
● Valley exposure, which gives us an adrenaline rush
We’ll be boarding the below train from nearest local station. Train timings are shared below for convenience:
10:04 pm CST
10:11 pm Byculla
10:18 pm Dadar
10:26 pm Kurla
10:30 pm Ghatkopar
10:38 pm Bhandup
10:46 pm Thane
10:58 pm Dombivli
11:05 pm Kalyan
11:15 pm Ambernath
11:31 pm Vangani
11:35 pm Shelu
11:39 pm Neral
Meeting Point : Neral Railway Station at 11.40 pm
11:40 pm Meet-up, freshen up, gear up for the trek
11:50 pm Introduction round and brief on rules and regulations to be followed by everyone on the event
03:00 am Reach Peb Vikatgad, take some rest and then explore the surrounding
06:00 am Sunrise, click pics with the sun rise
06:30 am Post sunrise and after clicking loads of pics, we will move towards our taxi
09:00 am Reach Neral station, freshen-up and have breakfast and tea
10:00 am Take a return train to mumbai
11:30 am Reach Mumbai and bid adieu with a promise to meet soon.
Event Fee: Rs.500/- per person. Payment once done is non-refundable, do check for availability before making a payment.
Deposit the Amount into the Following Account:
Name: Mumbai Pune Adventures
Bank: Central Bank of India
Account: Current Account
A/c No. : 3601915663
IFSC Code: CBIN0284592
The cost per head includes the following.
● Unlimited breakfast in the morning
● Tea in the morning
● Local guidance
● First aid and first responder assistance in case required
● MPA administration charges if any
● Do read our terms and conditions before registration.
● All kinds of extra meals / soft drinks ordered.
● Insurance, tips, porters, bottled mineral water, aerated drinks etc.
● Any kind of personal expenses.
● Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
● All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like road blocks, bad weather.
Things to carry:
● Some ready to eat food like- plum cakes, fruits, chocolates, biscuits, etc
● 2 Litres of water must
● Good trekking shoes
● Extra pair of clothes, socks optional
● Cap, Camera as Optional
● 1 packet of electrol, enerzal, glucon-D
● Medications if required for individual
● Avoid wearing precious ornaments on an event, if possible
● And a haversack or backpack to put all the above things to be carried, so hands are free to help each other while trekking. Sling bags / jholas / trolley bags etc not allowed on the event. Please pack accordingly.
For Registrations and Queries
Write to us at:
Keep visiting us at:
Follow us at:
Terms and conditions: