Event Grade: Easy
Endurance Level: Medium
Height of fort: 2600 ft approx
Location: Matheran, Thane
Total time required for climbing: 5 hours of normal climb
Total distance for climbing: 8kms
Duration: 1 Day
About One Tree Hill:
Matheran at 800 m (2,625 ft)is a popular hill station, accessible by road and train. It was discovered by Hugh Malet in 1850 and is around 100 km from Mumbai. Matheran is a protected forest area where only emergency vehicles are allowed inside its limits. Main mode of transport is hand-pulled rickshaws and horses. British-style architecture has been preserved in Matheran and most structures are now heritage structures. Matheran has been declared an eco-sensitive region by the Union Environment Ministry (GoI) and is home to diverse flora and fauna. There are also several rare species like the Nilgiri Wood Pigeon, White-Rumped Shama, Brown Wood Owl, South Indian Tree Shrew, and The Giant Squirrel.
The trail to One tree hill from Ambewadi is also called the Shivaji ladder route. Midway through the trail near the end of the thick forest, you come across a mass of boulders and rocks into which the trail disappears. This is known as Shivaji Steps or the Shivaji Ladder. According to local legend, Shivaji rode up this route on horseback. From here, it’s 500m to the top, up a stream bed that’s dry except during the monsoon.
● One tree on a hill top
● Sightings of Matheran
● Peaceful surrounding
● Sizzling sun rise
● Adventures and easy climbing
We’ll be boarding the below train from nearest local station. Train timings are shared below for convenience.
Karjat Fast Local
06:10 am CST
06:18 am Byculla
06:24 am Dadar
06:31 am Kurla
06:35 am Ghatkopar
06:50 am Thane
07:02 am Dombivli
07:10 am Kalyan
08:00 am Karjat
Meeting Point : Karjat Railway Station at 08:00 am
08:10 am Meet-up, freshen up and gear up for the event
09:00 am Reach base village and have Breakfast
10:00 Introduction round and brief on rules and regulations to be followed by everyone on the event
11:30 am Reach Machi and take some rest
12:00 pm Start moving towards the top to get a scenic view
01:30 pm Reach top settle down and click pics
03:30 pm After clicking loads of pics, we will move towards dasturi naka
05:30 pm On reaching taxi stand scroll down till Neral station
07:30 pm Reach Mumbai and bid adieu with a promise to meet soon
Event Fee: Rs.550/- per person. Payment once done is non-refundable, do check for availability before making a payment
Deposit the Amount into the Following Account:
Name: Mumbai Pune Adventures
Bank: Central Bank of India
Account: Current Account
A/c No. : 3601915663
IFSC Code: CBIN0284592
The cost per head includes the following.
● Travel from Karjat to base village and Matheran to Neral
● Unlimited breakfast in the morning
● Tea in the morning
● Local guidance
● First aid and first responder assistance in case required
● MPA administration charges if any
● Do read our terms and conditions before registration.
● All kinds of extra meals / soft drinks ordered.
● Insurance, tips, porters, bottled mineral water, aerated drinks etc.
● Any kind of personal expenses.
● Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
● All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like road blocks, bad weather.
Things to carry:
● Some ready to eat food like- plum cakes, fruits, chocolates, biscuits, etc
● 2 Litres of water must
● Good trekking shoes
● Extra pair of clothes, socks optional
● Cap, Camera as Optional
● 1 packet of electrol, enerzal, glucon-D
● Medications if required for individual
● Avoid wearing precious ornaments on an event, if possible
● And a haversack or backpack to put all the above things to be carried, so hands are free to help each other while trekking. Sling bags / jholas / trolley bags etc not allowed on the event. Please pack accordingly.
For Registrations and Queries
Write to us at:
Keep visiting us at:
Follow us at:
Terms and conditions: