Event Grade: Medium
Endurance Level: Medium
Height of fort: 2300 ft approx.
Total time required to reach base: 45 minutes from Panvel railway station
Total time required for climbing: 3 hrs of normal climb
Duration: 1 Night
About Kalavantin Durg:
Kalavantin Durg (also known as Kelve Teen Durg) History : The fortress is a part of the grand Sahyadri Range located between the present day, Panvel and Matheran at an elevation of 2300 feet above the sea level. Built in or around 500 BCE, this stronghold was abandoned, due to lack of fresh water, to the neighbour, Prabalgad.The only known history, today of this place is that the fortress was named after the then Queen, Kalavantin. The major attraction of this fort are the steps leading to the pinnacle which have been carved out from the belly of the mountain itself, which at an elevation of 2300 feet and at 500 BCE is an engineering masterpiece. As compared to all the fortresses built around the world, this fortress comes without any safety fence or ropes, thus giving it the tag of one of the most dangerous place in the world.
● Scenic view of city from Prabalmachi / plateau and the cool breeze
● Amazing hike in the woods
● Wonderful climbs
● Adventurous cliffs and view from the top is worth the climb
We’ll be boarding the below train from our nearest local station. Train timings are shared below for convenience.
Panvel Slow Local
11:16 pm CST
11:22 pm Sandhurst Road
11:34 pm Vadala
11:45 pm Kurla
11:50 pm Chembur
11:56 pm Mankhurd
12:04 am Vashi
12:13 am Nerul
12:34 am Panvel
Meeting Point : Panvel Railway Station at 12:34 am
01:30 am Reach Base village, freshen up, gear up for the trek
01:40 am Introduction round and brief on rules and regulations to be followed by everyone on the event
03:30 am Reach Prabalmachi, take some rest
04:30 am start for kalavantin
06:00 am Reach Reach the top , and view the Sunrise
07:00 am start descend
08:00 am Reach Prabalmachi ,breakfast
09:30 am base village
10:00 am Reach Panvel railway station
11:00 am Reach Mumbai and bid adieu with a promise to meet soon
Event Fee: Rs.700/- per person. Payment once done is non-refundable, do check for availability before making a payment.
Deposit the Amount into the Following Account:
Name: Mumbai Pune Adventures
Bank: Central Bank of India
Account: Current Account
A/c No. : 3601915663
IFSC Code: CBIN0284592
The cost per head includes the following.
● Local travel from Panvel to Panvel
● Unlimited breakfast at base village
● Tea in the morning
● Local guidance
● First aid and first responder assistance in case required
● MPA administration charges if any
● Do read our terms and conditions before registration Cost Excludes:
● All kinds of extra meals / soft drinks ordered.
● Insurance, tips, porters, bottled mineral water, aerated drinks etc.
● Any kind of personal expenses.
● Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
● All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like road blocks, bad weather.
Things to carry:
● Some ready to eat food like- plum cakes, fruits, chocolates, biscuits, etc
● 2 Litres of water must
● Good trekking shoes
● Extra pair of clothes, socks optional
● Cap, Camera as Optional
● 1 packet of electrol, enerzal, glucon-D
● Medications if required for individual
● Avoid wearing precious ornaments on an event, if possible
● And a haversack or backpack to put all the above things to be carried, so hands are free to help each other while trekking. Sling bags / jholas / trolley bags etc not allowed on the event. Please pack accordingly.
For Registrations and Queries
Write to us at:
Keep visiting us at:
Follow us at:
Terms and conditions: