Event Grade: Medium
Endurance Level: Medium
Height of Plateau: 3676 ft approx.
Location: Trimbak, Nashik
Total time required for climbing: 3 hours of climb
Duration: 1 Night 1 Day
About Harihar Fort:
Harihar fort / Harshagad is a fort located in, Nashik, Maharashtra. It is an important fort in Nashik district, and was constructed to look upon the trade route through Gonda Ghat. It receives many visitors because of its peculiar rock-cut steps.Harihar fort was built during the Yadava period. It was surrendered by Shahaji Raje Bhosale to Khan Zamam in 1636 along with Trymbak and other Poona forts.The fort was captured by Captain. Briggs in 1818 along with other 17 forts.
There are two base villages of the fort, Harshewadi and Nirgudpada. The Harshewadi is 13 km from Trymbakeshwar. The climb from Harshewadi is more easier than from the Nirgudpada.A wide, safe trekking path starts from the hillock north of the Nirgudpada. It passes through scrub forest till it reaches an open ridge which is connected to the fort. It takes about an hour to reach the scarp of the hill on which the fort is situated.The ascend through the 60 mtr rock cut steps is wonderful. It is like a stone ladder placed at 60 degree along the scarp.The steps are worn out at many places yet the holes on either side of the steps are conveniently cut for holding onto.After reaching the main entrance, the paths takes a left traverse and again a helical rock cut steps are to be climbed, which are more steep than the earlier. the steps finally end with a narrow entrance.At many places the steps are very narrow that, only a single person can climb at a time.Accommodation is possible on the fort as well as in the local villages.
● Day Trek full of adventure
● Steep steps which are safe and easy to climb
● Amazing view from the top of the fort
● Thrilling trek to feed your adventurous soul on each and every step.
We’ll be boarding the below train from nearest local station. Train timings are shared below for convenience:
Kasara Semi Fast Local
10:50 pm CST
10:57 pm Byculla
11:05 pm Dadar
11:13 pm Kurla
11:18 pm Ghatkopar
11:34 pm Thane
11:57 pm Dombivli
12:07 am Kalyan
01:18 am Kasara
Meeting Point : Kasara Railway Station at 01:18 am
01:20 am Meetup, freshen up, gear up for the trek
01:30 am Leave for base village in a private taxi
03:30 am Reach base village, rest for some time
04.30 am have breakfast and tea
05:00 am Introduction round and brief on rules and regulations to be followed by everyone on the event
05:30 am Start the trek with a small warm up walk.
09:00 am Reach top, Explore the fort, Enjoy the view of the surrounding
11:30 am After Lunch Start descend back to the base
02:00 pm Reach Base Village and Start the return Journey towards Kasara Railway Station
04:30 pm Reach Karjat station and take a return train to mumbai
07:00 pm Reach Mumbai and bid adieu with a promise to meet soon
Event Fee: Rs.850/- per person. Payment once done is non-refundable, do check for availability before making a payment.
Deposit the Amount into the Following Account:
Name: Mumbai Pune Adventures
Bank: Central Bank of India
Account: Current Account
A/c No. : 3601915663
IFSC Code: CBIN0284592
The cost per head includes the following.
● Unlimited breakfast in the morning
● Tea in the morning
● Evening tea and snacks
● Local guidance
● First aid and first responder assistance in case required
● MPA administration charges if any
● Do read our terms and conditions before registration.
● All kinds of extra meals / soft drinks ordered.
● Insurance, tips, porters, bottled mineral water, aerated drinks etc.
● Any kind of personal expenses.
● Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
● All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather.
Things to carry:
● Some ready to eat food like- plum cakes, fruits, chocolates, biscuits, etc
● 2 Litres of water must
● Good trekking shoes
● Extra pair of clothes, socks optional
● Cap, Camera as Optional
● 1 packet of electrol, enerzal, glucon-D
● Medications if required for individual
● Avoid wearing precious ornaments on an event, if possible
● And a haversack or backpack to put all the above things to be carried, so hands are free to help each other while trekking. Sling bags / jholas / trolley bags etc not allowed on the event. Please pack accordingly.
For Registrations and Queries
Write to us at:
Keep visiting us at:
Follow us at:
Terms and conditions: