Mahuli Bhandardurg and Palasgad camping trek On Jan 06-07, 2018
Type: Hill forts
Height: 2815 ft
Region : Asangaon
Cost – Rs. 1400/- PP
The mountain with many pinnacles is known as Mahuli. Mahuli is divided into three parts – northern one is Palasgad, Mahuli in the middle and Bhandargad on the southern end. The creator of this fort is unknown. In 1485 this place came under rule of Malik Ahmed who was the founder of Nijamshahi. When Shahaji Raje became the secretary of Nijamshahi, Adilshahi and Mughals of Delhi together tried to end Nijamshahi. In the year 1635-36, in difficult circumstances Shahaji Raje transferred himself with Jijabai and Shivaji to Mahuli. Khan Jaman, son of Mahabat Khan beleaguered this fort. Shahaji Raje asked for help to Portuguese. They refused and Shahaji Raje surrendered himself. Shivaji took this fort from Mughals on 8 Jan 1658. In 1661 it was given back and was won again by Shivrai. In treaty of Purandar, in 1665, Marathas lost these forts again. The Moghal sardar Manohardas Gaud was the in charge of this fort. He did much construction on the fort. In Feb 1670, Shivaji Maharaj tried to conquer Mahuli, but failed. Thousand of Marathas were killed by Moghals. It was a bad blow to Marathas. Even after this victory, Manohardas Gaud, the chief of the fort gave up his position and a new chief Alveerdi Beg was appointed. On 16 June 1670, after two months, Moropant Pingle conquered the forts and Mahuli, Bhandargad and Palasgad became part of Swarajya.
Bhandardurg / Bhandargad :
It is one part of huge Mahuli fort. This fort culstur main mahuli from south side. To rich here one has to descend and agin climb in a narrow place between mahuli and Bhandardurg. At wastern side old Kalyan darwaja( gate) remainings can be seen, but one must visit it to get close view of thrilling pinacles like Bhataji, Navara, Navari, Mahuli Chanderi, Vajeer, Karangali etc
Palasgad Fort :
Palasgad fort is the northern part of the mountain. There are some nice spots here to visit even though the fortification is almost ruined.
Meeting Point : Asangoan railway station at 09.10 AM Sharp on Jan 06, 2018
Mumbai people please Catch CSMT-Asangaon Slow Train at 07:18am
from CST and meet us at Kasara
Pune people please catch 05.00am 16587:Yashvantpur-Bikaner Express from Pune station (Or travel by 04.45am Pune-Lonavala till Lonavala and catch the mentioned express from Lonavala) and alight at Kalyan and catch below mentioned local from kalyan.
Day 1: Saturday, Jan 06, 2018
Catch CSMT-Asangaon Slow
07.18 am : CSTM
07.24 am : Byculla
07.31 am : Dadar
07.38 am : Kurla
07.42 am : Ghatkopar
07.58 am : Thane
08.21 am : Dombivali
08.31 am : Kalyan
08.44 am : Titwala
09.07 am : Asangaon
09.15 am : Move to Mahuli base village
10.00 am : Breakfast
10.30 am : Start trek to Mahuli
01.30 pm : Reach Mahuli Caves and rest
02.00 pm : Lunch ( Carried by Self )
03.30 pm : Move to Bhandardurg
05.00 pm : Pitch tents and be ready to watch amazing sunset with a cup of Tea
07.00 pm : Move to Tents
08.00 pm : Dinner, bonfire and masti time
Day 2: Sunday, Jan 07, 2018
06.30 am : Wake up call
07.00 am : Breakfast and Tea
07.30 am : Start trek to Palasgad
09.00 am : Reach palasgad and explore
11.00 am : Start desend to base village
01.30 pm : Lunch and move to Asangaon railway station.
02.30 pm : Catch Local for Mumbai / Kalyan
04.00 pm : Reach Mumbai
Cost – Rs. 1400/- PP
It Includes :
Transport from Asangoan to Asangoan
All Meals ( Except Day 1 Lunch)
Train tickets, Mineral water, Any kind of insurance, Softdrinks etc.
Anything other than above mentioned inclusions.
Account Name: Mahadeo J Gadade
Bank : Axis Bank
Account Type : Saving.
Account No : 913010025541263
IFSC Code : UTIB0000037
UPI ID – 9370080086@upi
PayTM Karo !!!! 9370080086
U can pay by Credit/Debit card/ Net banking
Add money into your PayTM wallet and then transfer it to bank / UPI / PayTM
Please send payment details to firstname.lastname@example.org / Whatsup-9370080086
Mahadeo – 9370080086 (WhatsUp) / 9404266855
Things to Carry :
– 3 liters of water and Day1 Lunch (Must)
– Torch with extra batteries (Must)
– Proper Bedding like 2 Shawls / 2 bed-sheets / Sleeping Bag and Mat (Must)
– Full sleeve T-shirts and full pant. For girls full neck t-shirt.(Must)
– Good trekking shoes, extra pair of socks (Must)
– Warm cloths
– Towel, a napkin, Extra Pair of clothes (Must)
– Carry 3-4 extra carry-bags
– Camera, Cap etc. (Optional)
– Electrolyte packets as energy drinks (optional)
– Carry eatable like fruits, dry fruits to munch on during trek and to avoid dehydration.
– A haversack to put in all the things.
– Good to have stick for support.
– No smoking.
– No plastic littering.
– Wear full sleeves, full track suite to avoid mosquito’s.
– No jeans/skin tight cloths.
– Proper footwear/shoes are essential for trek.
– Conserve and preserve our heritage.
– No deo / perfume. After trek it’s OK.
– We reserves all right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without any prior notice.
– No Extra adventure/out of itinerary behavior during trek.
– Trek leader’s decision will be final and binding.
– Photographs taken during the activity which can be used for publicity purpose.
– Each member will be responsible for his/her own safety, Jewellery, Cash and baggage.
– It is most essential to be fit and fine before heading for trekking.
– While planning your trekking trip, it is preferable to have a medical fitness check up done.
– If suffering from any kind of allergy or ailment, do carry proper prescribed medicines to prevent serious health problem including heatstroke, sever headache, cough, dehydration and hypothermia.
– Participants suffering from chronic conditions like asthma, bronchitis, blood pressure, migraine, diabetes etc should seek their physicians advice before coming.
REFUND AND CANCELLATION POLICY:
– If cancellation done prior to 20/10/7 days of outing 70%/50%/30% will be refunded respectively for 3-4 days event/ Dudhsagar. No refund after that.
– If cancellation done prior to 6/3/2 days of outing 70%/50%/30% will be refunded respectively for 1-2 days event. No refund after that.
– No cancellation amount will be refunded on Advance Payment.
– All the activities & programs carry an amount of risk of injury and you are aware that outdoor activities have an inherent risk of personal injury.
– You are joining an outdoor activity where any incident(reasons beyond control (like Natural calamities, riots, political uncertainty, public transport failure etc.)/ Natural calamity can happen & you agree that organizer shall not be held responsible for the any
accident, mishap (including death) caused by any circumstances. Refund shall be payable with respect to the given refund norms.
– Midas reserves all rights to modify/change the camp/ program and to pre-pone (advance)/postpone the event and Midas Group will not be liable to refund booking charges in such a case.