!! Velas- Where the Life Begins !! Get Ready to Witness the Wonderful Life Of Turtles now..
About Velas Turtle Festival :
Velas is a small eco-village in Ratnagiri district which is famous for the Olive Ridley turtle population that visits the Velas beach every year and lays their eggs. At Velas, turtle conservation movement is undertaken by the villagers. An NGO named Sahyadri Nisargmitra started the conservation and now the Regional Forest Officers (RFO), Velas Grampanchayat and villagers committee has taken the initiative to conserve Olive Ridley Turtles by providing protection to their eggs. Witnessing a baby turtle coming out of the egg and then finding its way to the sea by those baby steps is an unforgettable moment. We welcome all the nature lovers to join Mumbai Travellers for this unforgettable journey of tiny olive ridley turtles.
Outing Dates : 30th-31st March 2018
Category : Eco Tours
Duration : 02 Night / 02 Days
Day 00 -Friday :
Late night departure from Dadar by 10:30 pm to Velas by non ac luxury bus.
Day 01 – Saturday
We will reach Velas eco-village by 06:00 am after a bumpy ride. Visit Velas beach to witness those tiny turtle taking their first step. Post sightings, briefing session about Olive Ridley Turtle and fight for their existence. Move towards our Konkani house accommodation. Freshen Up and unload your bag-packs. Have homely breakfast and introduction session. Proceed to visit Bankot Fort which is well known for its history and breathtaking view of Velas beach and Harihareshwar Temple. Back to our dwelling homestay for typical Konkani lunch. Post lunch, rest till evening. Visit Velas beach by evening looking for more sightings of olive ridley turtle hatching. Late evening will be dedicated to a documentary based on Journey of turtles. Enjoy the group games, stories and experiences to be shared till dinner. Dinner and rest.
Day 02 – Sunday
Early morning wake up with a hope of sighting those baby turtles again. Post sighting session we will have breakfast and leave for Harihareshwar. Experience one of the interesting part of trip where our bus will be transferred from one district to another in a jetty via sea route. Explore Harihareshwar Temple and beach. Have lunch and leave for Mumbai. Reach Mumbai by 9-10 pm around.
Tour Concludes with Happy Memories :)
Tour Price : Rs.2,999/- per person+Tax as applicable
1. Accommodation in a typical Konkani bungalow on homestay sharing basis. (Velas is an eco-tourism village and separate rooms / hotel accommodation is not available)
2. Transportation from Mumbai to Mumbai by non-A/c luxury Bus.
3. Typical Konkani veg Meals on tour. (Breakfast, Dinner & Lunch)
4. Sightseeing and entry tickets, wherever necessary
5. Ferryboat Charges & entry tickets
6. Mumbai Travellers’ Expertise
1. GST as applicable
2. Anythings other than above mentioned inclusions.
Cancellation & Refund Policy applicable on Tour :
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 21 days of Tour/Event/Activity 100% of total price will be refunded. (Condition Apply- Check Note Below)
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 15 days of Tour/Event/Activity 75% of total price will be refunded.
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 7 days of Tour/Event/Activity 50% of total price will be refunded.
- After that no refund will be provided on Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant, irrespective even if you’ve booked within the last 7 days.
1. The tour dates have been planned after precise calculation of probable hatching dates and as per the information provided by volunteers and researchers at Velas however turtle sightings is a natural phenomena and is matter of luck.
2. Considering safety and security measure, it is strictly not permitted to swim at Velas beach.
3. Moreover, we expect our travellers to take this a complete ecotourism experience, enjoy & explore every bit of the tour and think beyond “just sightings”. There is a lot to enjoy in this short tour so Let’s be travellers, not Tourists :-)
4. As it is totally eco-destination, we provide accommodation in Konkani bungalow on homestay sharing basis. Food is hygienic and prepared in authentic spices by Konkani Brahmin hosts at Velas village, Ratnagiri.
THINGS TO CARRY
ID Proof (Pan card/Driving License)
1. Extra pair of clothes
2. Dry Food / Snacks and Water Bottle
3. Personal First Aid kit
4. Sanitary kit
5. Cap, Glares, Sunscreen, moisturizer etc.
6.Torch with extra battery
7. Sturdy shoes Or Kitos
8. Rugsack to carry things
9. Camera, Binoculars – Optional
10. Winter Wears
11. Electoral Powder / Glucon D / Tang / Energy Bar etc.
For more details or to customize the tour, mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org Or Call us at 08692086927 / 08692055777