Park Your Vehicle and Start Cycling !!
About the Breakfast Cycle Trail :
Did you ever wonder what Mumbai looks like on a sleepy Sunday morning? Imagine passing by boundless roads with lanes and by lanes of solitude that provide the perfect set-up for those photography shots you always wanted but could not manage because of huge crowds. Picture seeing those regal buildings of old Colaba undisturbed by a single footfall. Truly a rare sight indeed!
Come and join Mumbai Travellers on an exciting early morning cycle tour of South Mumbai and witness a side of the city before it stirs from slumber. From sharing exciting stories, to making new friends, the breakfast cycle ride seeks to see the city through different eyes. Feel revved up at the start of the day as you test your endurance and revisit historical places filled with nostalgia. Come be a part of this trip and create memories that will beckon you for more.
Outing Dates : 24th December 2017
1. Bun Maska / Kheema Pav at Olympia
2. Empty South Bombay roads
3. Lots fun while riding
The journey begins at 06:30am at Theobroma, Cusrow Baug, Colaba Causeway, Colaba. Cycles will be provided for all participants. The journey is an educative, interactive, and fun experience. Participants are narrated stories of heritage structures, important historical events in the area and are encouraged to share their own experiences and knowledge.
The ride concludes with a sumptuous breakfast at the famed Olympia Coffee House, and Madras Café in Colaba with vegetarian and non-vegetarian options made available for participants.
Gateway of India
This historic landmark of Mumbai was completed in 1924. Overlooking the Arabian Sea, no Mumbai selfie is complete without a visit to this majestic gateway.
One of the most iconic landmarks of Mumbai, this 5-star hotel is a heritage structure. Having first opened its gates to guests in 1903, the Taj is synonymous with luxury and fine living at its best.
One of the city’s oldest libraries, the Asiatic Library was founded back in 1830. It is a treasure trove of ancient manuscripts some of which are written in Prakrit, Sanskrit, and Persian.
Named after British journalist Benjamin Horniman who supported the Indian freedom struggle, the area is an art and culture hub of Mumbai city.
The end point of South Mumbai, Nariman Point is a popular hangout for college students and families on a walk post dinner. A beautiful sea facing promenade, the beauty of the city can be seen from the views of the coastline here.
Flora Fountain/Hutatma Chowk
This heritage structure dates back to 1864 and was named after the Roman goddess Flora. One of the most noted landmarks in the south side of the city.
A popular hotspot in South Mumbai, Churchgate has a splattering of restaurants, shopping centres, and pubs to suit every taste and budget.
A concrete C-shaped boulevard, Marine Drive is a much sought-after landmark facing the Arabian Sea. The magic of the location lies in an air view of the locale: the lights resemble a string of pearls thus earing it the moniker ‘Queen’s Necklace’.
A famous beach that is a popular hangout among locals and tourists alike. Numerous stalls offer an array of mouth-watering snacks and beverages.
Tour Price : Rs.750 /- per person+Tax as applicable
1. Morning breakfast
2. Cycle on Rental basis
4. Expertise Charges
Disclaimer for Monsoon Rides between June to August 2017 : In case of heavy rains, we may cancel the ride. The final decision of whether to conduct or cancel the ride rests with Mumbai Travellers. No arguments or complaints will be entertained in this regards. If we cancel the ride, Refund will be provided to the registered participants.
Only transaction charges of Rs. 50/- will be deducted from the paid amount.
THINGS TO CARRY
- Wear Shorts / Track Pants and T – Shirt for the tour
- Water Bottle (2 Litre) Must
- Dry Food (snacks) and Chocolates
- Personal Medicines/ First Aid Kit
- Poncho / Wind cheater / Rain cover
- Sturdy Sport shoes
- Electral powder / Glucon D /Tang Must
- Camera (Optional)
- Sunscreen and Goggle
- Rucksack to carry all this things
Important Tips for Cycling Tour :
- Do not carry heavy luggage while travelling. It burns your energy and takes the fun away.
- The best way to distress is by involving into various activities in the itinerary.
- Do not use abusive language or play loud music. By doing this you will only loose respect and get divided from the locals.
- Talk to your local coordinator who will accompany you in all activities in case of any discomfort.
- In case you are curious to try something please do so but with permission of your coordinator only.
- Mumbai Travellers will not be responsible for any physical harm during the activity. If you follow the instruction of the coordinator chances of getting hurt remain rare.
- Carry desired medicines. In case of any allergy, please inform the coordinator to take care of your stay.
For More details, contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org Or 08652370001 / 09869129901 / 08692086927
unique journeys…unique people…
Facebook Group : https://www.facebook.com/groups/mumbaitravellersclub/
Facebook Page : https://www.facebook.com/MumbaiTravellers
Twitter : https://twitter.com/MumbaiTraveller
Mobile App : http://tinyurl.com/qh9pfkh