#Meghalaya is one of the most beautiful states in North-East #India offering a variety of sights, activities, food and festivals to the travelers. It is well known for #Cherrapunji, the place which receives maximum rainfall in the world. Meghalaya can mesmerize you with it's hills, valleys, lakes, caves and#waterfalls which gives it a splendid look covered with beautiful clouds.
Places to Visit:-
- #Nohkalikai Falls - highest in India
- Krung Shuri Waterfalls
- Dawki River (Crystal Clear Water)
- Mawlynnong Village (Cleanest Village in Asia)
- Living root bridge
- Mawsmai Caves
- Airforce Museum
- Eco Park
- Double Decker living Root Bridge
Day 1- 2nd March (Friday)
Arrive at #Guwahati airport or Railway station till 10 am, pickup, move towards ‘’TUBER’’ village in ‘’East Jintiya Hills’’. Settle down in Homestay. Local sightseeing for rest of the day.
Day 2- 3rd March (Saturday)
Wake up early morning 5 am (sunrise time 4:30 here) and go to ‘’KRUNG SHURI’’ waterfalls, Boating at ‘’DAWKI RIVER (crystal clear water), VISIT TO Cleanest village of Asia ‘’MAWLYNNONG’’ & Living root bridge.
Day 3- 4th March (Sunday)
Travel to Cherrapunji, local sightseeing- 1. Mawsmai cave, 2. Seven sisters falls, 3. Nohkalikai falls, 4. Mawkdok valley, 5. Eco park, 6. Air force museum etc. Stay @ some hotel.
Day 4- 5th March (Monday)
Trek to Double Decker living root bridge. Explore some more places and then back to hotel.
Day 5- 6th March (Tuesday)
Move to shillong by jeep, Local sightseeing at shillong- 1. Elephanta falls, 2. Ward’s lake, 3. Shillong peak, 4. Rhino heritage museum, 5. Shopping In police bazaar/ bada bazar. Stay in 1 big room / Dormitory.
Day 6- 7th March (Wednesday)
Move to Guwahati and visit some places in Guwahati (Assam State)
Day 7 – 8th March (Thursday)
Bye Bye to memorable Meghalaya and awesome Assam, move towards Guwahati airport/railway station
Fees: Rs.16,000/- (Ex-Guwahati)
Non-refundable advance: Rs.5000
Remaining amount to be paid during trip in cash
Expected Flight Expense from Mumbai to Guwahati and back: Rs.12000 (flight cost info may be outdated by the time you read this itinerary).
- Virtually all expenses from Guwahati
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner, tea and refreshments
- Accommodation expenses
- Travel expenses in jeep Guwahati onwards for the whole trip
- Entry charges at various monasteries and other places
- Travel guidance in Meghalaya
- Basic fee does not include travel fare till Guwahati
- Any exotic or expensive food, drinks etc.
- Any personal expenditure.
--- Send your money in following account ---
Name: - Suhas Patil
Bank name: - IDBI bank, Mohopada branch
A/c. no. 0784 1040 0003 3673 (savings)
IFSC code: - IBKL0000784
For paying through Paytm: 7276871749
Suhas Patil: 7276871749 (Also available on WhatsApp)
Things to be carried
- Identity card
- Medical and consent form -https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwDsRRLH0uscR1J1VWJ1aHhPV3c/
- Jacket, sweater and other warm clothes like muffler, gloves etc.
- Rechargeable torches
- Sport shoes or trekking shoes
- Two water bottles all time in your bags
- An umbrella. Light drizzle is expected.
- Personal medical kit, soap, paste etc. Please don’t expect to get medical stores everywhere
- Carry your luggage in a backpack. Avoid carrying sling bags.
Recommended but not compulsory
- Sunscreen, sunglasses, cap etc.
- Juice packets, dry fruits, Ready to eat food etc.
Our YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/darkgreenadventures
Instagram Link: https://www.instagram.com/darkgreenadventures