Meghalaya is one of the most beautiful states in North-East India offering a variety of sights, activities, food and festivals to the travelers. It is well known for Cherrapunji, the place which receives maximum rainfall in the world. Meghalaya can mesmerize you with it's hills, valleys, lakes, caves and waterfalls which gives it a splendid look covered with beautiful clouds.
Places to Visit:-
- Nohkalikai Falls - highest in India
- Krung Shuri Waterfalls
- Dawki River (Crystal Clear Water)
- Mawlynnong Village (Cleanest Village in Asia)
- Living root bridge
- Mawsmai Caves
- Airforce Museum
- Eco Park
- Double Decker living Root Bridge
Day 1- 22nd Oct. (Sunday)
Arrive at Guwahati airport or Railway station till 10 am, pickup, move towards ‘’TUBER’’ village in ‘’East Jintiya Hills’’. Homestay here, local sightseeing, rest for the day.
Day 2- 23rd Oct. (Monday)
Wakeup early morning 5 am (senrise time 4:30 here), ready to go ‘’KRUNG SHURI’’ waterfalls, Boating at ‘’DAWKI RIVER (crystal clear water), VISIT TO Cleanest village of Asia ‘’MAWLYNNONG’’ & Living root bridge, back to home ‘’TUBER’’ around 6 pm.
Day 3- 24th Oct. (Tuesday)
Travel to cherapunji, local sightseeing- 1. Mawsmai cave, 2. Seven sisters falls, 3. Nohkalikai falls, 4. Mawkdok valley, 5. Eco park, 6. Air force museum etc. Rest for the day, stay @ simple hotel.
Day 4- 25th Oct. (Wednesday)
Double Decker living root bridge (Trek 4-5 Hours), some other spots, back to hotel.
Day 5- 26th Oct. (Thursday)
Move to shillong by jeep, Local sighseeing at shillong- 1. Elephanta falls, 2. Ward’s lake, 3. Shillong peak, 4. Rhino heritage museum, 5. Shopping In police bazae/ bada bazar. Stay in 1 big room / Dormitory.
Day 6- 27th Oct. (Friday)
Move to Guwahati and visit some places in Guwahati (Assam State) which in given above.
Day 7 – 28TH Oct. (Saturday)
Bye Bye to MEMORABLE MEGHALAYA & AWESOME ASSAM, move towards GUWAHATI airport / railway station.
Fees: Rs.16,000/- (Ex-Guwahati)
Non-refundable advance: Rs.5000
Remaining amount to be paid during trip in cash
Expected Flight Expense from Mumbai to Guwahati and back: Rs.12000 (flight cost info may be outdated by the time you read this itinerary).
- Virtually all expenses from Guwahati
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner, tea and refreshments
- Accommodation expenses
- Travel expenses in jeep Guwahati onwards for the whole trip
- Entry charges at various monasteries and other places
- Travel guidance in Meghalaya
- Basic fee does not include travel fare till Guwahati
- Any exotic or expensive food, drinks etc.
- Any personal expenditure.
--- Send your money in following account ---
Name: - Suhas Patil
Bank name: - IDBI bank, Mohopada branch
A/c. no. 0784 1040 0003 3673 (savings)
IFSC code: - IBKL0000784
For paying through Paytm: 7276871749
Suhas Patil: 7276871749 (Also available on WhatsApp)
Things to be carried
- Identity card
- Medical and consent form -https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwDsRRLH0uscR1J1VWJ1aHhPV3c/
- Jacket, sweater and other warm clothes like muffler, gloves etc. - Rechargeable torches
- Sport shoes or trekking shoes
- Two water bottles all time in your bags
- An umbrella. Light drizzle is expected.
- Personal medical kit, soap, paste etc. Please don’t expect to get medical stores everywhere
- Carry your luggage in a backpack. Avoid carrying sling bags.
Recommended but not compulsory
- Sunscreen, sunglasses, cap etc.
- Juice packets, dry fruits, Ready to eat food etc.
Our YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/darkgreenadventures
Instagram Link: https://www.instagram.com/darkgreenadventures