Harihar fort is built on a triangular prism of rock. Its three faces and two edges are absolutely vertical (90 degrees). The third edge towards the west is inclined at an angle of 75 degrees. One metre wide rocky staircase is carved out for ascending & descending the fort. There are 117 steps in all. After the first rocky staircase there is an overhang with a sheer drop. The view from the top is excellent. There is a small temple of Lord Hanuman and Lord Shiva on the plateau. A small pond is there in front of this temple. One of the vertical drops of the fort facing the Nirgudpada village is called 'Scottish kada', perhaps because it was climbed for the first time in November 1986 by Doug Scott, the legendary Himalayan mountaineer.
Elevation: 3676 feet
Day 0, Midnight
00:00 - Catch 00:10 CST-Kasara slow local (Dadar-00:28, Thane-01:04)
02:45 – Reach Kasara. This is the final meeting point. Leave for base village of Harihar Fort by private vehicle
05:00 - Reach base village. Get fresh. Take breakfast & tea
06:00 - Start ascending to the fort
08:30 - Reach top & explore fort
10:00 - Start Descending
11:00 - Reach base village and leave for Kasara. Lunch at Dhaba on the way
14:00 - Reach Kasara & catch local to Mumbai
Fees: Rs. 1000 (to be paid in advance; non-refundable)
25% discounts to
- Army, Navy, Air force, Police etc.
- Journalists, Editors, News Anchors, Radio Jockeys
- Physiotherapists, Dentists and Doctors
- Instagram/Twitter/YouTube users with more than 5000 followers (conditions applied)
- Owners of bakeries, restaurants and Cafes (listed on Zomato or other sites)
- Participated in national level sports in adults category
- Climbed any peak above 5000m within last 5 years
- Travelling from Kasara to base village and back in a Jeep
- Morning breakfast & tea
- Saturday Dinner
- Bottled water/cold drinks
- Any other charges not mentioned in "Includes"
--- Send your money in following account ---
Name: - Suhas Patil
Bank name: - IDBI bank, Mohopada branch
A/c. no. 0784104000033673 (savings)
IFSC code: - IBKL0000784
For paying through UPI/BHIM: suhasp95@upi
For paying through Paytm: 7276871749
Suhas Patil: 7276871749 (Also available on WhatsApp)
Things to be carried:
- Medical and consent form -https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwDsRRLH0uscR1J1VWJ1aHhPV3c/
- At least 2 litres of drinking water (preferably in PET bottles)
- Good trekking or sport shoes.
- We appreciate participants carrying juice packets and fruits like oranges, dates, pomegranate etc.
Our YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/darkgreenadventures
Instagram Link: https://www.instagram.com/darkgreenadventures
Tag our page on your travel pictures in Instagram and Facebook. You might get a chance to win Paytm cash.
For getting our event updates on WhatsApp, follow this link on your mobile - https://chat.whatsapp.com/GBk8iZ7oRGV3mqL8CDPJJ1