This scenic route connects Dayara Bugyal and Dodital Lake. It includes all the essential elements of a divine trek like camping in dense forests, rolling meadows, fresh Himalayan streams and some folklores.
Dayara is one of the biggest Bugyal or grassland
of India. Dodital is a high altitude freshwater lake in Uttarakhand at an elevation of 3,024 metres. Trek to Dodital passes through one of the most beautiful and green landscapes of Himalayas.
Saturday, Day 0
23:55 - Catch 12205 Nanda Devi Express from Delhi
Sunday, Day 1
06:00 - Reach Dehradun. This is the final meeting point
07:00 - Leave for Barsu in a Jeep or bus
14:00 - Reach Barsu and check in a Lodge. Rest of the day at leisure. Barsu is lovely village nestled in the pine forests. There are plenty of vegetable farms here.
Monday, Day 2
Trek from Barsu to Dayara Bugyal. The views of mighty Garhwal peaks like BandarPunch, Shivling etc. make the scenery unforgettable.
Tuesday, Day 3
Dayara Bugyal to Morsana. Morsana is a campsite located inside forest. Don’t be surprised by the pitch dark night here.
Wednesday, Day 4
Morsana to Bhebra. Bhebra is a tiny hamlet and gateway to Dodital region. You will cross lovely streams during this trek.
Thursday, Day 5
Bhebra to Dodital. Trek passes through dense green forest. Dodital lake will leave a pleasant imprint on your memory forever. Do lake parikrama if you have time and energy in evening.
Friday, Day 6
Dodital to Agoda. Agoda is a tiny village and the endpoint of this lovely trek. Overnight in a village hotel.
Small descend trek till Sangamchatti and then travel to Dehradun by Jeep.
23:30 - Catch Nanda Devi Express from Dehradun Station to reach Delhi next morning
Fees: Rs. 8,000
Non-refundable advance: Rs.3000
- Transportation from Dehradun onwards
- Accommodation at camp or villages during trekking
- Food from Dehradun onwards
- Entry and camping fees in national park
- Travel cost till Dehradun
- Porter cost for carrying participant’s bag, if needed
- Accommodation at Dehradun, if needed
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Krishna - 9820285295 (Also available on WhatsApp)
--- Send your advance money to following account ---
Name - Krishna Kuya
Bank - IDBI, New Panvel
Account no - 1171 0400 008 0556
Account type - Savings
IFSC code - IBKL0000023
For payment through UPI
Virtual Address - kuya@hdfcbank
For Payment through Paytm: 9820285295
Things to be carried
- Identity card
- Jacket or sweater and other warm clothes like muffler, gloves, winter cap etc. Temperature near zero can be expected
- Rechargeable Torch
- Proper trekking shoes and a pair of sleepers or sandals
- At least two water bottles all the time during trip (preferably PET bottles)
- Personal medical kit, soap, paste etc. Please don’t expect to get medical stores everywhere.
- Carry your luggage in a backpack
Recommended but not compulsory:
- Sunscreen, sunglasses, cap etc.
- One bed sheet
- Juice packets, dry fruits, etc.
- Trekking pole
- Portable chargers
- It is very important that you carry a good backpack in Himalayan trek. Capacity should be atleast 60L or more. It should have a bag cover to protect it from unexpected drizzles.
- It is possible to do this trek with sport shoes but not recommended. You will be in trouble if it gets torn out in middle of trek. Please carry a proper trek shoes and wear it few times to check for shoe bites.
- You don’t need to carry mats, sleeping bags or tents
Expectations from this trek:
- Though it’s a beginner level trek, it doesn’t mean its a cakewalk. You need to have atleast average fitness and should be able to walk few kms with your rucksack.
- You won’t get washroom facilities except on first and last day of trek. Please don’t come with expectations of daily bath and washing clothes.
- Expect only simple vegetarian meals (sometimes eggs)
- Drinking and smoking is strictly prohibited. You will be expelled from group without any discussion or refund.
- Our daily schedule during trip may differ from our usual daily life schedule with respect to day chores, tea timing, food timing etc. Please don’t complain about these petty issues.
- Respect the local people and their culture. We try to learn more from them about the place.
Our YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/darkgreenadventures
Instagram Link: https://www.instagram.com/darkgreenadventures