Stok Kangri Peak is located in the surreal high altitude desert of Ladakh in India at an altitude of 20,080 feet (6153 meters). It is the highest trekkable summit in the world. If you have good fitness and basic understanding of outdoors and mountaineering, then #Stokkangri should be your ideal first 6000 meter peak expedition. Stok Kangri provides an amazing view of Zanskar Valley, Indus Valley and the Karakoram ranges. On a clear day, one can see K2 and Nanga Parbat from the summit.
Region: Leh, Ladakh, J&K.
Max. Altitude: 20,080 feet.
Approx. trekking Kms: 40 kms.
Day 1, 3rd July 2019, Wednesday: Arrive at Leh
Arrive at Leh city (11,000 feet) and check into the hotel. Meet the trek leader and your team members. There will be a team briefing conducted at 5pm.
Day 2, 4th July 2019, Thursday: Rest and acclimatization in Leh
It is very important to spend the right amount of time here letting our bodies acclimatize to the high altitude. We can finish off some last minute shopping for the expedition in the Leh market and local sightseeing. After lunch we will go for an acclimatization hike upto 14000 feet altitude.
Day 3, 5th July 2019, Friday: Leh to Mankarmo (14,200 feet)
We drive to Stok village (30 mins) and then enter into the Stok valley. With every turn into the valley, the view changes for the best. The trek is alongside Stok River. In 2 hours we will come across Chang Ma campsite at 13,000 feet. We will take a tea break here and continue our trek onwards. The trek from here up till Mankarmo is very straight forward. Upon reaching Mankarmo, we get the first glimpse of the Stok Kangri Peak.
Day 4, 6th July 2019, Saturday: Mankarmo (14,200 feet) to Stok Kangri Base Camp (16,000 feet)
The trail climbs up gently higher into the valley for a couple of hours giving stunning views of the valley left behind. Towards the end, the trail climbs steeply towards base camp. The base camp is located on a huge plateau between the mountains. It is a privilege to be at this beautiful place. This will be your home for the next couple of days.
Day 5, 7th July 2019, Sunday: Acclimatization and briefing,
Today is a rest day. We will go for a small hike in the surrounding hills for acclimatization and later in the afternoon we will have a briefing session about the summit push where we will brief you about what to expect, how to use the basic equipment and some basic do’s and don’ts. We leave for the summit push at 10pm today.
Day 6, 8th July 2019. Monday: Summit the Stok Kangri Peak and back to Base Camp
After climbing throughout the night through glacier, steep slopes and rocky ridges, we will reach the summit after sunrise. We will spend some well-earned time on the summit, grasping the amazing views and click some pictures. We will descend back to the base camp and rest for the night.
Day 7, 9th July 2019, Tuesday: Base Camp (16,000 feet) to Leh (11,500 feet)
Today we wrap our base camp and march back towards Leh. We will reach Leh by evening. In the night we will have a team celebration party on successful completion of the expedition
Day 8, 10th July 2019, Wednesday: Depart from home or continue your trip onwards
Today is your last day in Leh. You can take an early morning flight from Leh or continue your trip onwards. The expedition ends with a lifetime of memories.
Fees: Rs. 21,000
- 2N guest house stay before the expedition and 1N after the expedition on twin sharing basis.
- Accommodation in tents on the expedition
- All meals on the trek. Expect vegetarian meals and eggs
- Central equipment like harness, carabiner, rope
- Porter and mule charges to carry central equipment and ration
- Guide charges
- All kind of permit
- First aid and expertise
- Meals in Leh town
- Any sightseeing in Leh
- Porters to carry your personal luggage.
- Anything purchased on the stalls available at the camps for personal use.
- Anything not mentioned under ‘includes’
Parth Upadhyay: 9820468748 (Available on WhatsApp)
--- Send your advance money to the following account ---
Name: Parth Pratik Upadhyaya
Bank: Bank of Maharashtra, Mahim west.
Account no: 6021 7193 534
Account type: Savings
IFSC Code: MAHB0000108
For payment through Google Pay: 9820468748
Expectations from this expedition:
- Mostly, you will be getting vegetarian food.
- Respect the local people and their culture. We try to learn more from them.
- Our daily schedule during trip may differ from our usual daily life schedule with respect to day chores, tea timing, food timing etc. Please don’t complain about these petty issues.
- Smoking and drinking is prohibited. Group leader will not be responsible for any mishaps arising due to smoking and drinking at high altitudes.
Things to be carried
- Consent form -https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwDsRRLH0uscR1J1VWJ1aHhPV3c/
- Identity card
- Down Jacket, sweater and other warm clothes like muffler, gloves, monkey cap etc. Temperature below zero is expected
- Windproof jacket and pants.
- Thermal inners
- Head torch with extra batteries.
- Good trekking shoes with ankle support
- Trekking poles
- Two water bottles all time in your bags
- An umbrella or poncho. Light drizzle is expected.
- Personal medical kit, soap, paste etc.
- At least a 65L rucksack.
- Sunscreen, sunglasses, cap etc