Duke’s Nose, also known as Nagphani is a cliff at Khandala near Lonavala. The cliff is pointed like a snake’s pointed head portion (hood) and hence the name. A simple trek to reach the summit is from the southern approach. The trekker is rewarded with amazing views of the Mumbai-Pune road and rail corridors, as well as great views of Khandala and the surrounding Sahyadri peaks.
20:30 - Get into Dadar-Chennai Express starting at 20:30 (Kalyan-21:05). We will travel in General Class. Participants from Pune can travel by 9pm local train or bus.
23:00 - Reach Lonavla. This is the final meeting point. Move towards base village in a Jeep.
23:30 - Reach base village. Have dinner and Introduction
00:30 - Start trekking towards Duke’s nose
02:00 - Reach top and settle down. Enjoy the breeze of Duke’s nose.
07:00 - Enjoy the surroundings and sunrise
08:00 - Have breakfast
08:30 - Start descending before it gets too hot
10:00 - Reach base village. Have some tea/refreshments and move to Lonavala station
10:30 - Get into the next train to Mumbai (11042 - Mumbai Express) or local train to Pune
13:00 - Reach Dadar (tentatively)
Fees: Rs.600 (to be paid in advance)
- Non-refundable if cancelled on last day
- Half refundable if cancelled at least 24 hours before trek
1. Transportation from Lonavala to base village and back in a Jeep
2. Dinner and Breakfast (simple vegetarian food only)
3. Expertise and Guidance Charges
- Tickets till Lonavla
- Any other charges not mentioned above
Parth Upadhyay: 9820468748 (Available on WhatsApp)
--- Send your money to the following account ---
Name: Parth Pratik Upadhyaya
Bank: Bank of Maharashtra, Mahim west.
Account no: 6021 7193 534
Account type: Savings
IFSC Code: MAHB0000108
For Payment through Paytm or Tez: 9820468748
Things to be carried:
- Medical and consent form -https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwDsRRLH0uscR1J1VWJ1aHhPV3c/
- 2 liter water (preferably in personal reusable bottles)
- A torch (other than mobile)
- Good trekking shoes or sport shoes
- Your own sleeping bag or blanket
- We appreciate people carrying juice packets and fruits like pears, pomegranate, dates etc.
Our YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/darkgreenadventures
Instagram Link: https://www.instagram.com/darkgreenadventures
For getting our event updates on WhatsApp, follow this link on your mobile - https://chat.whatsapp.com/174XwXkUAsTKZFrCL5riSM