Did you ever thought of traveling to a land of peace and harmony? A place where almost everyone is happy, satisfied and warm to travelers. It’s not a dream. Welcome to #Bhutan - Land of Thunder Dragon.
See Bhutan like never before. DarkGreen Adventures (#DGA) invites you for the ultimate #backpacking trip to Bhutan.
Fees: Rs.25,000 (Ex-Bagdogra)
Non-refundable advance: Rs.10,000
Remaining amount to be paid in cash during trip
Expected Flight Expense from #Mumbai to #Bagdogra and back: Rs.12000 (flight cost info may be outdated by the time you read this itinerary)
- Excursion to Tiger’s nest, Punakha Dzong and other famous monuments
- Ride through the heart throbbing valleys of Western Bhutan
- Wander in the remote villages
- Stimulate a new traveler inside you seeking for new landscapes and get transformed into a storyteller
1st October, #Sunday
14:00 - Reach Bagdogra airport and have Introduction. Later take jeep to Jaigaon. Some local snacks on the way
20:00 - Reach #Jaigaon
2nd October, #Monday
Walk past the border Gate to #Phuentsholing. Be ready for immigration formalities before the office opens at 9AM.
We will reach #Paro in evening. We are free to roam around the city. Get acquainted with places of Bhutan as the thrilling trip has just begun. Try some local restaurants food.
3rd October, #Tuesday
Visit Paro Dzong, National Museum etc. The charming town of Paro lies on the banks of the Paro and remains one of the best Bhutanese towns to explore on foot.
After Lunch travel to Chelela pass. If the weather is clear then you can get excellent views from Chelela pass.
4th October, #Wednesday
Visit the most famous place of Bhutan - Tiger’s nest and then the Kyichu Lhakhang. Tiger’s nest hangs on a precipitous cliff at 3,120 m elevation and about 900 m above the valley. The temple at the highest level has a frieze of Buddha. Each building has a balcony, which provides lovely views of the scenic Paro valley.
5th October, #Thursday
Visit Buddha Dordenma and nature trail at #Thimphu.
Finish remaining immigration formalities in Thimphu office and then visit the textile museum.
Lunch at some new restaurant and then visit Tashichho Dzong, Memorial Chorten
6th October, #Friday
Travel to Punakha via Dochu La pass at 3050 metres. We will stop here to enjoy the Panoramic view of Eastern Himalayas. View the architecture of Druk Wangyal Lhakhang with 108 Stupas at Dochula. Later take a halt at Royal Botanical garden. Overnight at Punakha
7th October, #Saturday
Visit famous landmarks of #Punakha like Sangchhen Dorji Lhuendrup Nunnery, Punakha Dzong, Suspension bridge, Namgyal Chorten. Travel back to Thimphu in evening
8th October, #Sunday
In morning we can go for some more sightseeing in Thimphu or final shopping from Bhutan. In afternoon, travel back to Jaigaon.
9th #October, Monday
Travel from Jaigaon to Bagdogra and then flight from Bagdogra in afternoon
Fees: Rs.25,000 (Ex-Bagdogra)
Non-refundable advance: Rs.10000
Remaining amount to be paid during trip in cash
- Virtually all expenses from Bagdogra
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner, tea and refreshments
- Accommodation expenses
- #Travel expenses in bus, jeep etc from Bagdogra onwards for the whole trip
- Entry charges at various monasteries and other places
- Travel guidance in Bhutan
- Basic fee does not include travel fare till Bagdogra
- Any exotic or expensive food, alcoholic drinks etc.
- Any personal expenditure.
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Krishna – 9820285295 (Available on WhatsApp)
Harshal - 9930312871 (Available on WhatsApp)
--- Send your advance money to following account ---
Name - Krishna Kuya
Bank - IDBI, New Panvel
Account no - 1171 0400 008 0556
Account type - Savings
IFSC code - IBKL0000023
For payment through UPI
Virtual Address - kuya@hdfcbank
Expectations from this trip:
- This is a #backpack trip and likely to be flexible. We may improvise the trip if needed
- We will choose place of accommodation based on group’s opinion and the expertise of group leader.
- Drinking is not allowed during trekking.
- You may drink or smoke on other days but not recommended. Please note that you need to pay 200% import duty on cigarettes you bring from India.
- Our daily schedule during trip may differ from our usual daily life schedule with respect to day chores, tea timing, food timing etc. Please don’t complain about these petty issues.
- On most of the days we will wake up early to travel comfortably and enjoy the serenity of morning. Though we may take rest in latter part of the day
- Always respect the local people and their culture. We try to learn more from them about the place.
Things to be carried
- Medical and consent form -https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwDsRRLH0uscR1J1VWJ1aHhPV3c/
- Passport and 5 photocopies of passport
- 5 passport size photographs
- Jacket or sweater and other warm clothes like muffler, gloves, winter caps etc.
- Rechargeable Torch
- Sport shoes or trekking shoes. Extra pair of sleeper or sandal
- At least two water bottles all the time during trip. (preferably in PET bottles)
- Personal medical kit, soap, paste etc. Please don’t expect to get medical stores everywhere.
- Carry one small bag to carry necessary things while roaming. It should ideally fit inside your main luggage
- Carry your cash only in denomination of 50, 100, 500 etc. 2000 rupee note are not accepted.
Recommended but not compulsory:
- Sunscreen, sunglasses, cap etc.
- One bedsheet (if you are concerned about the hygiene)
- Juice packets, Dry fruits, Ready to eat food etc.
Note on traveling:
You can also take a train to New Jalpaiguri (NJP) or Hasimara instead of taking flight to Bagdogra.
Our YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/darkgreenadventures
Instagram Link: https://www.instagram.com/darkgreenadventures