Batches: 22nd June; 10th August
DarkGreen Adventures (#DGA) invites you for a #trip to the most beautiful and prominent destination of India, the high altitude deserts of Leh- Ladakh.
It is a land like no other, shrouded in myths and legends. Ladakh is bounded by two of the world's mightiest mountain ranges, the Great Himalaya and the Karakoram. A maze of enormously high snow-capped peaks and the largest glaciers dominate the terrain. Remote yet never isolated, this trans Himalayan land is a repository of a myriad cultural and religious influences from mainland India, Tibet and Central Asia.
- Drive to Leh on one of the most beautiful and scenic roads of the world, the Manali- Leh highway which crosses many high altitudes passes.
- Visit the highest motorable road in the world, Khardungla pass (18,300ft).
- Camp at the famous Pangong lake (shown in many movies including 3 idiots).
- Visit Nubra valley, the majestic Diskit monastery. See the rare double hump camels and natural sand dunes.
- Experience river rafting in the Zanskar river and it’s confluence with the Indus river.
- Magnetic hill where the illusion makes your car appear to be travelling uphill, against gravity.
- All for a budget like none other.
Day 0 (Friday), 9th August (suggestive)
Reach Delhi. Board Volvo bus to Manali in evening. Overnight bus journey.
Day 1 (Saturday), 10th August; Actual trip starts here
Arrive at Manali early in the morning. We start our journey early in the morning to Keylong. The road goes through Rohtang pass and enters the Lahaul Valley. The rain shadowed region of Himalayas begins here and landscape suddenly changes into dry and erred mountains. It’s a spectacular sight for six hours. Overnight stay at Keylong.
Day 2 (Sunday), 11th August
We begin our journey to Leh early in the morning. We cross several high altitude passes. The landscape turns more and more beautiful at every turn. One cannot help but fall in love with the surrounding. We reach Leh in the afternoon and can roam around the markets in Leh. Those who wish to travel to Leh via flight can reach Leh today.
Day 3 (Monday), 12th August
Today we spend a day in Leh for acclimatization and sight seeing of the city. We will go to Leh Palace, Shanti Stupa, which offers spectacular views of the Leh city from a great height. Later in afternoon, we drive to Shey palace and Theksay monastery.
Day 4 (Tuesday), 13th August
Today we begin our journey to Nubra valley which takes us through the highest motorable road on earth - the scenic Khardungla pass. We shall reach the nubra valley by noon and visit the Diskit monastery and the natural sand dunes. We will get the opportunity to see the rare double humped camels here.
Day 5 (Wednesday), 14th August
Today we drive back to Leh via Khardungla pass. We will reach by evening. Rest of the day can be spent relaxing.
Day 6 (Thursday), 15th August
We start our journey to the famous Pangong lake, the same lake where the last part of movie 3 idiots was shot. The ever changing colors of the lake are due to the play of light, wind and the clouds. We will pass through Chang La pass, which is the third highest highest motorable road in the world. Night accommodation in comfortable tents.
Day 7 (Friday), 16th August
Drive back to Leh via Chang La pass. We reach Leh by evening.
Day 8 (Saturday), 17th August
We visit the magnetic hill. The illusion makes your car defy the laws of physics and seemingly travel uphill on road against gravity. Later we go for 14km river rafting in the Zanskar river. The rapids are exhilarating. Rafting ends where Zanskar meets the river Indus which is indeed a beautiful sight. We travel back to Leh at night.
Day 9 (Sunday), 18th August
Today we say our goodbyes to the beautiful town of Leh and begin our journey home. We catch a flight to our respective destination.
- 24,900 (ex- Manali)
- 19,000 (ex- Leh)
- 10% extra for double sharing basis (recommended for couples)
You need to pay at least Rs.10,000 advance to confirm your booking. Remaining amount can be paid in cash during trip.
25% - one month prior to trip commencement
50% - within a month to trip commencement
- Travel Manali- Leh in a private jeep
- Stay on triple sharing basis throughout the trip. (Extra cost for double sharing)
- Virtually all food during the trip
- Travelling throughout the trip in private jeep or traveler
- All necessary permits
- First aid expertise
- Travel to Manali and flight back from Leh to your respective home.
- Any kind of cold drinks/beverages/bottled water purchased for personal use.
- Medical insurance and Medical rescue, if needed.
- Any increase in cost of accommodation or food caused by delay due to unforeseen circumstances.
Krishna Kuya: 9820285295 (Available on WhatsApp)
--- Send your advance money to following account ---
Name - Krishna Kuya
Bank - HDFC, Thane
Account no - 5010 0036 3637 05
Account type - Savings
IFSC code - HDFC0001085
For payment through UPI/BHIM:
Virtual Address - kuya@hdfcbank
For payment through Google Pay: 9820285295
Expectations from this trip:
- Mostly, you will be getting vegetarian food.
- Our daily schedule during trip may differ from our usual daily life schedule with respect to day chores, tea timing, food timing etc. Please don’t complain about these petty issues.
- On most of the days we will wake up early to travel comfortably and enjoy the serenity of morning.
- Most of our decision will be based on group’s opinion but the decision of group leader will be final.
- Smoking and drinking is discouraged and restricted. Group leader will not be responsible for any mishaps arising due to smoking and drinking at high altitudes.
Things to be carried
- Consent form -https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwDsRRLH0uscR1J1VWJ1aHhPV3c/
- Identity card
- Wind-proof Jacket and other warm clothes like sweater, muffler, gloves etc. Temperature near zero can be expected
- Sport shoes or trekking shoes
- Two personal re-usable water bottles all time in your bags
- An umbrella. Light drizzle can be expected.
- Personal medical kit, soap, paste etc.
- Carry your luggage in a backpack. Avoid carrying side bags.
- A small bag to carry essential things while roaming. Ideally it should fit inside your main luggage.
Recommended but not compulsory:
- Sunscreen, sunglasses, cap etc.
- One bedsheet
- Dry fruits, Energy bars, Green Tea, Electral Powder etc.
Our YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/darkgreenadventures
Instagram Link: https://www.instagram.com/darkgreenadventures