Kaas Plateau is a natural wonder which can only be experienced in its full blossom for a month or two. Located in the Satara district of Maharashtra, it is a UNSECO declared World Natural Heritage site owing to the biodiversity hotspot in the Western Ghats.
Kaas Patthar, as referred locally, is extremely rich in flora and fauna. There’s a spiritual joy in experiencing the sight of carpets of beautiful flowers blooming! After the monsoons the plateau comes alive with hundreds of species of unique flowers in vibrant colours of pink, velvet and magenta, the jaw dropping spectacle steals the heart of the visitors.
Intrigued enough? Well lucky for you, September will see our Carvan moving towards the direction of Satara, to witness the much awaited bloom festival of Maharashtra at the Kaas Valley of flowers. Hop on in our van and settle yourselves to enjoy an enriching day at the valley coupled with a visit to the magnificent Kaas Lake.
Hope to see you there!
Difficulty – Easy/ Low endurance
Date – 16th-17th September, 2017
Charges – Rs. 1,800/-
Includes – Pick and drop from Andheri to Andheri (Non AC Vehicle), Breakfast, Lunch, Entry & guide charges for Kaas and Expertise Charges.
Excludes – Dinner, Camera charges and anything not mentioned above.
Contact: Carvan Trips (8976949403, 9920555809)
Register yourself by paying online through our website - http://carvantrips.com/package/Roadtrip-to-Kaas-Valley-of-Flowers
Meeting point & Pickup point 1 (Time 11:30 PM, Saturday Night, 16th September 2017)
Andheri - Talwalkar Gym, outside Chakala Metro Station (J.B Nagar) Andheri East.
GPS - https://goo.gl/maps/fgZ1nnPb3aq
Pickup point 2 (Time 12:30 AM)
Vashi - Y.B. Chavan Marg Junction sector 17, Vashi, Navi Mumbai
11:30 PM : Meet at Andheri pick up point
12:30 AM : Pick up at Thane pickup point
06:00 AM : Reach Satara and have breakfast. 07:00 AM : Start journey towards Kaas 07:45 AM : Reach Kaas Explore the plateau 10:30 AM : Move towards Kaas lake and explore 12:30 PM : Start journey towards Satara 01:30 PM : Break for Lunch 03:00 PM : Start return journey towards Mumbai
09:00 PM : Reach Andheri (tentatively)
Things to wear:
- Full/ Half sleeve T-shirt with stretchable Gym Pants/ Yoga/ Track pants/ Shorts. Please DO NOT WEAR Denims or formals.
- Good Quality Trekking/ Hiking shoes Compulsory (Floaters and Sandals are not allowed) or a comfortable pair of sport shoes with a good grip. Please don’t wear formal/ casual/ leather shoes & please ensure the shoes are of good quality & not old as to avoid wear & tear especially of the shoe sole.
- Wind cheater/ Water proof Jacket
Things to be carried by you:
- Water (2 Litres) Compulsory
- Food (Dry Snacks, Biscuits, Theplas, Parathas), Plum cakes, Fruits (Banana) for the Summit
- Personal First Aid Kit
- Cap, goggles, sunscreen etc.
- Electoral powder / Glucon D / Tang
- A backpack to carry everything (No handbags or jholas)
- Personal Sanitary Kit
- Extra Pair of Clothes and socks
- A light pair of slippers in the bag (for post trek).
- Please refrain from consuming Alcohol or any intoxicant up till 24 hours before the trek as it may cause severe dehydration, nausea, vomiting and risk to life.
- Avoid carrying heavy weight backpack for this trek. Keep everything covered in a plastic bag as there are high chances of raining.
- The food provided would be simple village food
Terms and Conditions of Service (TACS)
- You ("The user") understand that there are inherent risks of the services which may or may not be directly provided by Carvan Trips ("Us"/ "The Company") in which the user may engage.
- The user confirms that they are physically and mentally capable of availing the service.
- The users' participation is voluntary and the user shall under no circumstance hold Carvan Trips responsible for any injury, accidents, illness and damage to or loss of personal property as the result of any incident or accident that may occur during the period of service
- The conduct and behavior of the user should not cause distress or harm to anyone including other user members, Carvan Trips' staff, service providers etc; in which case we/ service providers reserve the right to ask you to immediately leave, or in certain circumstances, hand you over to the appropriate authorities, in which case the financial liability would be of the user.
- If for any reason the user wishes to abruptly end the trip before its scheduled completion, or is unable to participate due to being unfit, we will not be able to provide any return support or any refund, and the financial liability for making any alternate arrangements would be of the user.
- The user is responsible to follow the instructions of the leader/ service provider and the user has to bear all the expenses which may arise in case for medical exigency or any emergency condition.
- Cuts, bruises and minor injuries are normal for an adventure activity. First aid kit is provided and the coordinators are trained to respond in such situations. Carvan trips takes all the reasonable steps to provide basic safety required for the particular activity.
- During the trip, the trip leader's decision will be final decision, whatsoever.
- Carvan trips hold the rights to change the itinerary or even cancel the activity in case of any unexpected change in weather or other unpredicted situations occur that are beyond our control. Carvan trips will not be liable for any costs such as travel or accommodation incurred by the participant in such circumstances.
- All activities are described as accurately as possible, however, the exact arrangements may differ slightly on any given day.
- Photographs are used for representation purpose and should be taken as a guide only.
- It is mandatory to disclose any personal medical conditions so that prior arrangements can be made. Carvan trips do not hold any responsibility for the outcome of any undisclosed medical condition during the trip.
- Smoking and drinking is strictly prohibited during the nature treks.
- If participants are found violating the rules, Carvan trips reserve all the rights to remove the participant from the group. In such
situation, no refund shall be provided.
- Due to certain unforeseen & uncontrollable circumstances, the participants can sometimes expect a delay in schedule. We request to add buffer time of about 1-2 hours after the trip and make post trip bookings accordingly.
- For a detailed cancellation policy, please visit our website - http://carvantrips.com/page/cancellation-policy.