The chill of night is a perfect respite from the city heat and pollution, and the amazing cloud formations, which can be viewed from the top during sunrise, is something which cannot be described in words. Join us on our adventurous night trek to Ratangad on 23rd-24th September.
As the name suggests, Ratangad is literally the jewel of forts, Ratan – Jewel, Gad - Fort. The trek goes through lush greenery, muddy paths & some rickety staircases. As you near the summit, the first views of Bhandardara soothe the eyes with its bright colours. The larger than life, landscapes can be seen in all the directions.
And the best part? You can view these landscapes from standing inside a big hole formed naturally inside the rock at the summit! It Is called a Nedha. The wind passing through is so strong that sometimes it gets hard to even stand there!
Charges – Rs. 1,500
Includes – Pickup and drop from Andheri to Andheri (Non AC Vehicle), Breakfast, Lunch, Guide Charges.
Excludes – Dinner, anything not mentioned above.
Difficulty – Medium/High Endurance (check below for understanding difficulty level)
Pickup point 2 (Time 01:00 AM)
Thane - On Eastern Express Highway, Outside Viviana Mall, Towards Nashik Highway, Laxmi Nagar, Thane West
08:30 PM – Meet and pickup at Andheri
09:30 PM – Pickup stop at Thane
02:30 AM – Arrive at the Base village and start the night trek
06:00 AM – Reach at the summit and rest
06:30 AM – Witness the spectacular Sunrise from the Nedha and have packed breakfast
08:00 AM – Start descending
11:30 AM – Arrive at the base village
12:00 PM – Have Lunch and depart
07:00 PM – Arrive at Andheri
Things to wear:
- Full/ Half sleeve T-shirt with stretchable Gym Pants/ Yoga/ Track pants/ Shorts. Please DO NOT WEAR Denims or formals.
- Good Quality Trekking/ Hiking shoes Compulsory (Floaters and Sandals are not allowed) or a comfortable pair of sport shoes with a good grip. Please don’t wear formal/ casual/ leather shoes & please ensure the shoes are of good quality & not old as to avoid wear & tear especially of the shoe sole.
- Wind cheater/ Water proof Jacket
Things to be carried by you:
- Water (2 Litres) Compulsory
- Food (Dry Snacks, Biscuits, Theplas, Parathas), Plum cakes, Fruits (Banana) for the Summit
- Personal First Aid Kit
- Cap, goggles, sunscreen etc.
- Electoral powder / Glucon D / Tang
- A backpack to carry everything (No handbags or jholas)
- Personal Sanitary Kit
- Extra Pair of Clothes and socks
- A light pair of slippers in the bag (for post trek).
- Please refrain from consuming Alcohol or any intoxicant up till 24 hours before the trek as it may cause severe dehydration, nausea, vomiting and risk to life.
- Avoid carrying heavy weight backpack for this trek. Keep everything covered in a plastic bag as there are high chances of raining.
- The food provided would be simple village food
*Can I do this trek? Yes, you are fit for the trek if you:
- Can jog non-stop for 3-4 kms, or
- Can walk for 5-6 kms without feeling tired & breathless, &
- Have done a simple trek before of at least 2-3 hours
- Have not consumed alcohol in the past 24 hours
- Have no medical condition which causes discomfort during any physical activity.
Terms and Conditions of Service (TACS)
- You ("The user") understand that there are inherent risks of the services which may or may not be directly provided by Carvan Trips ("Us"/ "The Company") in which the user may engage.
- The user confirms that they are physically and mentally capable of availing the service.
- The users' participation is voluntary and the user shall under no circumstance hold Carvan Trips responsible for any injury, accidents, illness and damage to or loss of personal property as the result of any incident or accident that may occur during the period of service
- The conduct and behavior of the user should not cause distress or harm to anyone including other user members, Carvan Trips' staff, service providers etc; in which case we/ service providers reserve the right to ask you to immediately leave, or in certain circumstances, hand you over to the appropriate authorities, in which case the financial liability would be of the user.
- If for any reason the user wishes to abruptly end the trip before its scheduled completion, or is unable to participate due to being unfit, we will not be able to provide any return support or any refund, and the financial liability for making any alternate arrangements would be of the user.
- The user is responsible to follow the instructions of the leader/ service provider and the user has to bear all the expenses which may arise in case for medical exigency or any emergency condition.
- Cuts, bruises and minor injuries are normal for an adventure activity. First aid kit is provided and the coordinators are trained to respond in such situations. Carvan trips takes all the reasonable steps to provide basic safety required
for the particular activity.
- During the trip, the trip leader's decision will be final decision, whatsoever.
- Carvan trips hold the rights to change the itinerary or even cancel the activity in case of any unexpected change in weather or other unpredicted situations occur that are beyond our control. Carvan trips will not be liable for any costs such as travel or accommodation incurred by the participant in such circumstances.
- All activities are described as accurately as possible, however, the exact arrangements may differ slightly on any given day.
- Photographs are used for representation purpose and should be taken as a guide only.
- It is mandatory to disclose any personal medical conditions so that prior arrangements can be made. Carvan trips do not hold any responsibility for the outcome of any undisclosed medical condition during the trip.
- Smoking and drinking is strictly prohibited during the nature treks.
- If participants are found violating the rules, Carvan trips reserve all the rights to remove the participant from the group. In such situation, no refund shall be provided.
- Due to certain unforeseen & uncontrollable circumstances, the participants can sometimes expect a delay in schedule. We request to add buffer time of about 1-2 hours after the trip and make post trip bookings accordingly.
- For a detailed cancellation policy, please visit our website - http://carvantrips.com/page/cancellation-policy.