“And me? I still believe in paradise!” - Richard (The Beach)
When was the last time you hopped on your ride and went on an impulsive Road Trip to explore a completely unknown place, tucked away from the whole world...your own little paradise?
About 130 KMS from Mumbai is Devkund. As the name suggests, it is a heavenly pond, a hidden treasure of natural beauty. Devkund is surreal; you’d have to rub your eyes to believe that it actually exists!
To find this place, one has to trek through a pathless jungle. After wandering and treading the fading trails through the thick canopies and rivers, you suddenly witness the pool of water, glittering in sunlight, and casting an exotic greenish blue tinge to the pond beneath.
If that’s not enough, the drive to this place is guaranteed to leave you spell-bound! You would love this route for its curvy bends, lush greenery and numerous waterfalls. Interestingly, passersby have claimed that at night the place becomes haunted and gives a spooky feeling to anyone crossing the area.
Date: 28th-29th October, 2017
Cost – INR. 2,000
Cost Includes – Transport from Andheri to Andheri, Breakfast, Trek, Lunch (Veg/Non-Veg), Organizing and Expertise charges.
Cost Excludes – Any charges not mentioned.
Contact: Carvan Trips (8976949403, 9920555809)
Register yourself by paying online through our website - http://carvantrips.com/package/Explore-the-Secret-Pool-of-Devkund
Meeting point & Pickup point 1 (Time 23:45 PM)
Andheri - Talwalkar Gym, outside Chakala Metro Station (J.B Nagar) Andheri East.
GPS - https://goo.gl/maps/fgZ1nnPb3aq
Pickup point 2 (Time 01:00 AM)
Vashi - Y.B. Chavan Marg Junction sector 17, Vashi, Navi Mumbai
23:45 pm: Meet at Andheri and board the bus
01:00 am: Meet at Vashi and board the bus
05:00 am: Reach the base village and have tea
05:15 am: Briefing and Introduction session
05:30 am: Start the trek through jungle surrounded by majestic mountains
07:30 am: Reach the place and take a dip into the heavenly water body of Devkund
08:00 am: Have packed breakfast and relax around the water body
11:00 am: Leave from Devkund back to the base village
01:00 pm: Arrive at base village and have Lunch
02:00 pm: Debrief and disperse with beautiful memories
06:00 pm: Reach Mumbai
Things to wear:
· Full/ Half sleeve T-shirt with stretchable Gym Pants/ Yoga/ Track pants/ Shorts. Please DO NOT WEAR Denims or formals.
· Good Quality Trekking/ Hiking shoes Compulsory (Floaters and Sandals are not allowed) or a comfortable pair of sport shoes with a good grip. Please don’t wear formal/ casual/ leather shoes & please ensure the shoes are of good quality & not old as to avoid wear & tear especially of the shoe sole.
· Wind cheater/ Water proof Jacket
Things to be carried by you:
1. Water (2 Litres) Compulsory
2. Food (Dry Snacks, Biscuits, Theplas, Parathas), Plum cakes, Fruits (Banana) for the Summit
3. Personal First Aid Kit
4. Cap, goggles, sunscreen etc.
5. Electral powder / Glucon D / Tang
6. A backpack to carry everything (No handbags or jholas)
7. Personal Sanitary Kit
8. Extra Pair of Clothes and socks
9. A light pair of slippers in the bag (for post trek).
· Please refrain from consuming Alcohol or any intoxicant uptill 24 hours before the trek as it may cause severe dehydration, nausea, vomitting and risk to life.
· Avoid carrying heavy weight backpack for this trek. Keep everything covered in a plastic bag as there are high chances of raining.
· The food provided would be simple village food
*Can I do this trek? Yes, you are fit for the trek if you:
· Can jog non-stop for 2 kms, or
· Can walk for 5 kms without feeling tired & breathless, or
· Do some physical activity on a regular basis (Cycling, Swimming, Gym etc)
· Have done a simple trek before of at least 2 hours
· Have not consumed alcohol in the past 24 hours
· Have no medical condition which causes discomfort during any physical activity
Terms and Conditions of Service (TACS)
· You (“The user”) understands that there are inherent risks of the services which may or may not be directly provided by Carvan Trips (“Us”/ “The Company”) in which the user may engage.
· The user confirms that they are physically and mentally capable of availing the service.
· The users’ participation is voluntary and the user shall under no circumstance hold Carvan Trips responsible for any injury, accidents, illness and damage to or loss of personal property as the result of any incident or accident that may occur during the period of service.
· The conduct and behavior of the user should not cause distress or harm to anyone including other user members, Carvan Trips’ staff, service providers etc; in which case we/ service providers reserve the right to ask you to immediately leave, or in certain circumstances, hand you over to the appropriate authorities, in which case the financial liability would be of the user.
· If for any reason the user wishes to abruptly end the trip before its scheduled completion, or is unable to participate due to being unfit, we will not be able to provide any return support or any refund, and the financial liability for making any alternate arrangements would be of the user.
· The user is responsible to follow the instructions of the leader/ service provider and the user has to bear all the expenses which may arise in case for medical exigency or any emergency condition.
· Cuts, bruises and minor injuries are normal for an adventure activity. First aid kit is provided and the coordinators are trained to respond in such situations. Carvan trips takes all the reasonable steps to provide basic safety required for the particular activity.
· During the trip, the trip leader’s decision will be final decision, whatsoever.
· Carvan trips hold the rights to change the itinerary or even cancel the activity in case of any unexpected change in weather or other unpredicted situations occur that are beyond our control. Carvan trips will not be liable for any costs such as travel or accommodation incurred by the participant in such circumstances.
· All activities are described as accurately as possible, however, the exact arrangements may differ slightly on any given day.
· Photographs are used for representation purpose and should be taken as a guide only.
· It is mandatory to disclose any personal medical conditions so that prior arrangements can be made. Carvan trips do not hold any responsibility for the outcome of any undisclosed medical condition during the trip.
· Smoking and drinking is strictly prohibited during the nature treks.
· If participants are found violating the rules, Carvan trips reserve all the rights to remove the participant from the group. In such situation, no refund shall be provided.
· Due to certain unforeseen & uncontrollable circumstances, the participants can sometimes expect a delay in scheldue. We request to add buffer time of about 1-2 hours after the trip and make post trip bookings accordingly.
· For a detailed cancellation policy, please visit our website - http://carvantrips.com/page/cancellation-policy