Let the occasional gust of wind refresh your souls, let the celestial bodies shine in your eyes and when around the bonfire, perch yourself in the cradle of nature and indulge in music and an ethereal natural beauty like never before. Get smitten by nature on your perfectly tailored overnight camping trip to Kaas Plateau- the Valley of Flowers. This floral paradise would leave an indelible impact on your minds.
Intrigued enough? Well lucky for you, the last weekend of September will see our Carvan moving towards the direction of Satara, to witness the much awaited bloom festival of Maharashtra at the Kaas Valley of flowers and then camp overnight at the plateau with the spectacular sight of Vajrai Waterfall at a distance. Hop on in our van and settle yourselves to enjoy an enriching trip to the valley coupled with a visit to the magnificent Kaas Lake.
This spectacular floral paradise situated in the Western Ghats of Satara is a natural wonder which can only be experienced in its full blossom for a month. It is a UNSECO declared World Natural Heritage site owing to the biodiversity hotspot in the Western Ghats.
Hope to see you there!
Difficulty – Easy/ Low endurance
Date – 30th September-1st October 2017
Charges – Rs. 3,000
Includes – Pick and drop from Andheri to Andheri (Non AC Vehicle), Day 1 -Packed Breakfast, Lunch, BBQ/ Snacks, Dinner. Day 2 – Breakfast only, Tents, Sleeping Bag, Entry & guide charges for Kaas and Expertise Charges.
Excludes – Camera charges and anything not mentioned above.
Meeting point & Pickup point 1 (Time 07:00 am)
Andheri - Talwalkar Gym, outside Chakala Metro Station (J.B Nagar) Andheri East.
Pickup point 2 (Time 08:15 am)
Vashi - Y.B. Chavan Marg Junction sector 17, Vashi, Navi Mumbai
07:00 AM: Meet at Andheri pick up point
08:15 AM: Pick up at Vashi pickup point
01:30 PM: Reach Satara and have Lunch
02:30 PM: Reach Kaas and Explore the plateau
05:00 PM: Reach the Campsite & Start Pitching Tents
05:30 PM: Bask in the setting sun, head to the waterfall viewpoint, and spend moments in tranquillity
06:30 PM: Regroup and participate in Introduction and live BBQ session
08:00 PM: Campfire, storytelling session, games, music and lot more fun!
09:30 PM: Dinner
11:00 PM: Lights out
06:30 AM: Wake-up and have breakfast early morning
07:15 AM: Visit Kaas lake
09.00 AM : Have Breakfast
10.00 AM : Hop on to the carvan with beautiful memories and Start return journey towards Mumbai
02:00 AM : Halt for Lunch midway (at individual expense)
06:00 PM: Reach Andheri (tentatively)
Things to wear:
• Casual clothes for the night.
• Sandals/Floaters to walk around the campsite.
For Trekking –
• Full/ Half sleeve T-shirt with stretchable Gym Pants/ Yoga/ Track pants/ Shorts. Please DO NOT WEAR Denims or formals.
• Trekking/ Hiking shoes or a comfortable pair of sport shoes with a good grip.
Things to be carried by you:
• Water (2 Litres) Compulsory
• Torch (compulsory)
• Personal First Aid Kit
• Jacket/ Sweater for night
• Cap, goggles, sunscreen etc.
• Electral powder / Glucon D / Tang
• A backpack to carry everything (No handbags or jholas)
• Personal Sanitary Kit
• Extra Pair of Clothes and socks
• A light pair of slippers in the bag (for post trek).
Terms and Conditions of Service (TACS)
- You ("The user") understand that there are inherent risks of the services which may or may not be directly provided by Carvan Trips ("Us"/ "The Company") in which the user may engage.
- The user confirms that they are physically and mentally capable of availing the service.
- The users' participation is voluntary and the user shall under no circumstance hold Carvan Trips responsible for any injury, accidents, illness and damage to or loss of personal property as the result of any incident or accident that may occur during the period of service
- The conduct and behavior of the user should not cause distress or harm to anyone including other user members, Carvan Trips' staff, service providers etc; in which case we/ service providers reserve the right to ask you to immediately leave, or in certain circumstances, hand you over to the appropriate authorities, in which case the financial liability would be of the user.
- If for any reason the user wishes to abruptly end the trip before its scheduled completion, or is unable to participate due to being unfit, we will not be able to provide any return support or any refund, and the financial liability for making any alternate arrangements would be of the user.
- The user is responsible to follow the instructions of the leader/ service provider and the user has to bear all the expenses which may arise in case for medical exigency or any emergency condition.
- Cuts, bruises and minor injuries are normal for an adventure activity. First aid kit is provided and the coordinators are trained to respond in such situations. Carvan trips takes all the reasonable steps to provide basic safety required for the particular activity.
- During the trip, the trip leader's decision will be final decision, whatsoever.
- Carvan trips hold the rights to change the itinerary or even cancel the activity in case of any unexpected change in weather or other unpredicted situations occur that are beyond our control. Carvan trips will not be liable for any costs such as travel or accommodation incurred by the participant in such circumstances.
- All activities are described as accurately as possible, however, the exact arrangements may differ slightly on any given day.
- Photographs are used for representation purpose and should be taken as a guide only.
- It is mandatory to disclose any personal medical conditions so that prior arrangements can be made. Carvan trips do not hold any responsibility for the outcome of any undisclosed medical condition during the trip.
- Smoking and drinking is strictly prohibited during the nature treks.
- If participants are found violating the rules, Carvan trips reserve all the rights to remove the participant from the group. In such situation, no refund shall be provided.
- Due to certain unforeseen & uncontrollable circumstances, the participants can sometimes expect a delay in schedule. We request to add buffer time of about 1-2 hours after the trip and make post trip bookings accordingly.