"Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain.”― Jack Kerouac
Ever felt like leaving it all and running away to the mountains? How about a Quickie Road Trip not so far from Mumbai? Away from the obnoxious Holi party scenes, away from the pollution? And instead listen to some soothing guitar music, sleep under a billion stars and wake up to fresh cold mountain air!
We’re thrilled to bring to you a special Camp night at Prabalmachi, a trip to rejuvenate both your mind and soul. Expect camp fire, acoustic guitar, and of course, Horror Stories!
Prabalmachi is a huge meadow perched on a hilltop which is not too high above the sea level. It’s an ideal setting for camping as it’s got all the basic amenities (washroom etc.). Interestingly, Prabalmachi is also the base village for a popular trek in the area, Kalavantin Durg. Enthusiasts can join us for a morning trek to catch the first sunrise from the top of this geological wonder!
Final Meeting point – Panvel Station Ticket Counter
Time – 3:00 PM
Charges – Rs. 1500 per person
Includes – Evening snacks/BBQ, Dinner, Breakfast, Tented accommodation, transport from Panvel station, Expertise charges
Excludes – Transport by road, Lunch and other charges not mentioned.
Option - For those coming by their own vehicle –
Here’s the link of the route - https://goo.gl/maps/Fs2p4eZKMmR2
03:00 PM – Meet us at Panvel Railway station (by train)
04:00 PM – Reach at the base village, Introduction session
04:30 PM – Start hiking through the jungle
06:30 PM – Reach Prabalmachi, have fresh lime juice, explore the place and enjoy the setting sun
07:00 PM – Start pitching tents
08:00 PM – collect wood for camp fire
09:00 PM – Dinner (authentic local food)
10:00 PM – Time for unplugged live music and then Ghost stories
11:30 PM – Get inside your cozy tent and retire for the night.
06:00 AM – Wake up call and Tea
06:30 AM – Start trek for Kalavantin Durg
08:00 AM – Reach at Top and enjoy the view
10:00 AM – Start descending
11:00 AM – Reach Prabal Machi, Debrief and start descending from there.
12:30 PM – Reach Base Village and depart.
Things to wear:
· Full/ Half sleeve T-shirt with stretchable Gym Pants/ Yoga/ Track pants/ Shorts. Please DO NOT WEAR Denims or formals.
· Trekking/ Hiking shoes (Floaters and Sandals are not allowed) or a comfortable pair of sport shoes with a good grip.
Things to be carried by you:
· Water (2 Litres) Compulsory
· Torch (compulsory)
· Personal First Aid Kit
· Jacket/ Sweater for night
· Cap, goggles, sunscreen etc.
· Electral powder / Glucon D / Tang
· A backpack to carry everything (No handbags or jholas)
· Personal Sanitary Kit
· Extra Pair of Clothes and socks
· A light pair of slippers in the bag (for post trek).
How to reach?
Catch a CST – Panvel bound train.
Timings mentioned below
01:30 PM – CST
01:50 PM – Vadala Road
02:01 PM – Kurla
02:20 PM – Vashi
02:50 PM – Panvel
Once you reach Panvel, take a tuk-tuk (arranged by us) and reach till the base village
For any clarification, feel free to call us
Terms and Conditions of Service (TACS)
- You (“The user”) understand that there are inherent risks of the services which may or may not be directly provided by Carvan Trips (“Us”/ “The Company”) in which the user may engage.
- The user confirms that they are physically and mentally capable of availing the service.
- The users’ participation is voluntary and the user shall under no circumstance hold Carvan Trips responsible for any injury, accidents, illness and damage to or loss of personal property as the result of any incident or accident that may occur during the period of service.
- The conduct and behavior of the user should not cause distress or harm to anyone including other user members, Carvan Trips’ staff, service providers etc; in which case we/ service providers reserve the right to ask you to immediately leave, or in certain circumstances, hand you over to the appropriate authorities, in which case the financial liability would be of the user.
- If for any reason the user wishes to abruptly end the trip before its scheduled completion, or is unable to participate due to being unfit, we will not be responsible to provide any refund and the financial liability for making any alternate arrangements would be of the user.
- The user is responsible to follow the instructions of the leader/ service provider and the user has to bear all the expenses which may arise in case for medical exigency or any emergency condition.
- Cuts, bruises and minor injuries are normal for an adventure activity. First aid kit is provided and the coordinators are trained to respond in such situations. Carvan trips take all the reasonable steps to provide basic safety required for the particular activity.
- During the trip, the trip leader’s decision will be final decision, whatsoever.
- Carvan trips hold the rights to change the itinerary or even cancel the activity in case of any unexpected change in weather or other unpredicted situations occur that are beyond our control. Carvan trips will not be liable for any costs such as travel or accommodation incurred by the participant in such circumstances.
- All activities are described as accurately as possible; however, the exact arrangements may differ slightly on any given day. Photographs are used for representation purpose and should be taken as a guide only.
- It is mandatory to disclose any personal medical conditions so that prior arrangements can be made. Carvan trips do not hold any responsibility for the outcome of any undisclosed medical condition during the trip.
- Smoking and drinking is strictly prohibited during the nature treks.
- Carvan Trips is not responsible for any unforeseen damage brought to participant's personal belongings or personal vehicle during the trip.
- If participants are found violating the rules, Carvan trips reserve all the rights to remove the participant from the group. In such situation, no refund shall be provided.