“I walked slowly to enjoy this freedom, and when I came out of the mountains, I saw the sky over the prairie, and I thought that if heaven was real, I hoped it was a place I never had to go, for this earth was greater than any paradise.” Daniel J. Rice
Difficulty level – Easy
Camping is a dream of every outdoor lover. Driving along the Golden country side, enjoying the water mirroring the sky, camping in the middle of nowhere, pitching tents next to the lake, collecting wood for campfire, and singing away the night.
Such is the small pleasure that makes a soul happy and gives freedom from materialism.
We bring you a chance to experience camping first hand! Learn how to pitch your own tent, setup BBQ, create campfire, engage with everyone as you play interesting games, get lost into the infinity of stars, share your spooky horror story, and sing the night away.
Pawna is an extremely huge and adorable lake near the popular hill station of Lonavala. There are many historical forts around like Lohagad, Visapur, Tikona, etc. to trek around. We will trek early morning to one of these mighty forts to catch the first ray of sun from the top!
Dates – 7th and 8th October, 2017
Final Meeting point – Lonavala Station Ticket Counter
Google Map Link of the Meeting Point: https://goo.gl/maps/eaGJKYtge8H2
Time – 2:30PM
Charges – Rs. 1,500 per person
Excludes – Travelling, Transport till the meeting point, Lunch and other charges not mentioned.
How to reach?
For those coming by their own vehicle –
Location of the meeting point - https://goo.gl/maps/LXqiNovCHPn
02:30 PM – Meet at Lonavala Station and board the private vehicle to the campsite
05:00 PM – Reach at the campsite and relax
05:30 PM – Start pitching your tents
06:00 PM – Explore the place and enjoy the sun setting between the mountains and leaving its reflections on the surface of Pawna Lake
06:30 PM – Start setting up BBQ & collect wood for camp fire
09:00 PM – Dinner (authentic local food)
10:00 PM – Time to engage with games, unplugged music, some inspiring sagas, and Ghost stories!
11:30 PM – Get inside your cozy tent and retire for the night
06:00 AM – Wakeup call
06:30 AM – Drive to the base of Trek
07:00 AM – Start your trek
09:00 AM – Start descending
10:30 AM – Reach Campsite, Have breakfast, Debrief and start departure for home with beautiful memories
Things to wear:
· Casual clothes for the night.
· Sandals/Floaters to walk around the campsite.
For Trekking –
· Full/ Half sleeve T-shirt with stretchable Gym Pants/ Yoga/ Track pants/ Shorts. Please DO NOT WEAR Denims or formals.
· Trekking/ Hiking shoes or a comfortable pair of sport shoes with a good grip.
Things to be carried by you:
· Water (2 Litres) Compulsory
· Torch (compulsory)
· Personal First Aid Kit
· Jacket/ Sweater for night
· Cap, goggles, sunscreen etc.
· Electral powder / Glucon D / Tang
· A backpack to carry everything (No handbags or jholas)
· Personal Sanitary Kit
· Extra Pair of Clothes and socks
· A light pair of slippers in the bag (for post trek).
· Sleeping bag, Mat
Terms and Conditions of Service (TACS)
- You (“The user”) understand that there are inherent risks of the services which may or may not be directly provided by Carvan Trips (“Us”/ “The Company”) in which the user may engage.
- The user confirms that they are physically and mentally capable of availing the service.
- The users’ participation is voluntary and the user shall under no circumstance hold Carvan Trips responsible for any injury, accidents, illness and damage to or loss of personal property as the result of any incident or accident that may occur during the period of service.
- The conduct and behavior of the user should not cause distress or harm to anyone including other user members, Carvan Trips’ staff, service providers etc; in which case we/ service providers reserve the right to ask you to immediately leave, or in certain circumstances, hand you over to the appropriate authorities, in which case the financial liability would be of the user.
- If for any reason the user wishes to abruptly end the trip before its scheduled completion, or is unable to participate due to being unfit, we will not be responsible to provide any refund and the financial liability for making any alternate arrangements would be of the user.
- The user is responsible to follow the instructions of the leader/ service provider and the user has to bear all the expenses which may arise in case for medical exigency or any emergency condition.
- Cuts, bruises and minor injuries are normal for an adventure activity. First aid kit is provided and the coordinators are trained to respond in such situations. Carvan trips take all the reasonable steps to provide basic safety required for the particular activity.
- During the trip, the trip leader’s decision will be final decision, whatsoever.
- Carvan trips hold the rights to change the itinerary or even cancel the activity in case of any unexpected change in weather or other unpredicted situations occur that are beyond our control. Carvan trips will not be liable for any costs such as travel or accommodation incurred by the participant in such circumstances.
- All activities are described as accurately as possible; however, the exact arrangements may differ slightly on any given day. Photographs are used for representation purpose and should be taken as a guide only.
- It is mandatory to disclose any personal medical conditions so that prior arrangements can be made. Carvan trips do not hold any responsibility for the outcome of any undisclosed medical condition during the trip.
- Smoking and drinking is strictly prohibited during the nature treks.
- Carvan Trips is not responsible for any unforeseen damage brought to participant's personal belongings or personal vehicle during the trip.
- If participants are found violating the rules, Carvan trips reserve all the rights to remove the participant from the group. In such situation, no refund shall be provided.