Roopkund is mystery lake at the height of 15,500 ft and this is one of the most scenic, mysterious trek in Garhwal Himalaya. Deep virgin forests, ultimate campsites, miles of undulating meadows, snow and ice, and the taste of a great adventure as you climb from 8,000 ft to 15,500 ft. We get to see some human skeleton around this lake. Whose skeleton is this? What is the story behind it? To know all these things, Why don’t you join us to explore this mysterious place?
Type: Himalayan Trek
Endurance Level: Medium
Elevation: approx. 8,500ft – 15,500ft
Base Village: Lohajung
Detailed Itinerary is as follows:
MEETING POINT ~ Kathgodam Railway Station on Day1
DEPARTURE TIME ~ 6am on Day1
RETURN TIME ~ 6pm on Day 8
- DAY 1: Reach Lohajung by Evening.
- DAY 2: Lohajung to Didina Total Distance – 9Kms
- DAY 3: Didina to Ali Bugyal Total Distance – 8 Kms
- Day 4: Ali Bugyal to Patar Nachauni Total Distance – 6 Kms
- DAY 5: Patar Nachauni to Bhagwabasa Distance – 4 Kms
- DAY 6: Bhagwabasa to Roopkund & Return Total distance(16 Kms)(6 Kms Uphill, 10 Kms Downhill)
- DAY 7: Bedni Bugyal to Lohajung Total Distance – 11 Kms trek & 11 Kms road
- DAY 8: Loharjung to kathgodam Total Distance – 210kms
Charges: INR 10,000 per head which,
- Accommodation. (Guest house, Home stay, Camping)
- Veg Meals while on Trek.
- Necessary Forest permits and Entry fees.
- Mountaineering qualified & professional trek Leader, guide and Support staff.
- 2 Nights Hotel/Guest House Stay in Lohajung
- Required Safety Gears & Equipment.
- Leader’s Expertise & Admin charges.
- Travelling from Kathgodam to Lohajung and Return
- Meals during road journeys
- Personal Insurance.
- Mules or porter to carry personal luggage.
- Anything not specifically mentioned above.